"What's it like, to put the the f***ing M in Manchester?"

What is your line of work then?

I work for a very well known 'project' in Manchester whose services include: Harm Minimisation, Needle Exchange, Drop In, Day Programmes, Womens' Services, Prescribing and Shared Care, Abstinence Work, Community-Based Detoxification Support Services, Community Development Programmes, Criminal Justice/Prison Initiatives, Family Work, Employability Initiatives and Services For Young People.

I am a voluntary worker at a local branch which will hopefully, in the not so distant future, progress onto a permanent position with them..

You don't think so huh? The first step is to transpose your anger onto a neutral frequency, and you just did that, congratulations, it's a start

And the way you patronise people, as in the above, is just another reason I don't think your counselling would be suitable for folk with substance misuse problems.

oh, and i'm a fireman.

Really? Me too:thumb:
20v0k5d.jpg

Jukebox Jury

Is that you in the white hat - did the firemen let you play with their toys on some sort of open day?!

Looks like fun!

Yes that is me with the white hat:cool:
How dare you suggest that I am somehow ''pretending'' to be a fireman:mad::thumb:
It's through work, rather than an open day.... there is a big issue in the area with 'youths' abusing the fire service through antii social behaviour etc etc, so we get a few in at a time and spend a few hours showing them what the fire service actually do and the effect false calls and other things they get up to has on the service.
Ladies...... I am available for hire in full uniform and hose at the ready on hen parties etc. PM me for rates:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Yes that is me with the white hat:cool:
How dare you suggest that I am somehow ''pretending'' to be a fireman:mad::thumb:
It's through work, rather than an open day.... there is a big issue in the area with 'youths' abusing the fire service through antii social behaviour etc etc, so we get a few in at a time and spend a few hours showing them what the fire service actually do and the effect false calls and other things they get up to has on the service.
Ladies...... I am available for hire in full uniform and hose at the ready on hen parties etc. PM me for rates:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Well, my friend is getting married at the end of the year - so I'll be in touch!

Well, my friend is getting married at the end of the year - so I'll be in touch!

What was funny, is when I turned up with the group, we all put the uniform on and I just picked up that white hat..... which apparently is a high ranking hat!
I was walking around with it on and a few fireman got all panicky thinking someone big was on the station and they came out to 'greet me' and then looked at me as if to say ''who the f**k are you''?
They are all old style hats, used for that kind of thing, just the white one shouldn't have been there:laughing:

Jukebox Jury

Ha Ha.

I had to wear a fireman's uniform for a school assembly a long time ago. Can't quite remember why now....but I liked it! There's just something about the reflective strips:blushing:

I work for a very well known 'project' in Manchester whose services include: Harm Minimisation, Needle Exchange, Drop In, Day Programmes, Womens' Services, Prescribing and Shared Care, Abstinence Work, Community-Based Detoxification Support Services, Community Development Programmes, Criminal Justice/Prison Initiatives, Family Work, Employability Initiatives and Services For Young People.

I am a voluntary worker at a local branch which will hopefully, in the not so distant future, progress onto a permanent position with them..

I take it you live in Hulme then?

I think you may be talking about the Zion centre in Hulme. No, this project is in Manchester city centre.

I was born in Chorlton-on-Medlock ( not Chorlton-cum-Hardy :mad: ), but now live in Denton.

Why does not being born in Chorlton cum Hardy make you mad? I'm a Chortonite these days, it's alright but you have to watch your step for hippies!

Why does not being born in Chorlton cum Hardy make you mad? I'm a Chortonite these days, it's alright but you have to watch your step for hippies!

What I meant was that every time I say I was born in Chorlton-on-Medlock, people presume that it's Chorlton-cum-Hardy. As you know C-on-M is a tiny piece of south of the city centre whereby C-cum-H is quite a large town in it's own right. Many people where I live now have no idea that C-on-M even exists. :mad:

Indeed, C-on-M has the tutu wearing vicar based there.

Back
Top Bottom