"What's it like, to put the the f***ing M in Manchester?"

What I meant was that every time I say I was born in Chorlton-on-Medlock, people presume that it's Chorlton-cum-Hardy. As you know C-on-M is a tiny piece of south of the city centre whereby C-cum-H is quite a large town in it's own right. Many people where I live now have no idea that C-on-M even exists. :mad:

Indeed, C-on-M has the tutu wearing vicar based there.

I get confused by Chorlton On Medlock, I know roughly where it is but I couldn't say where it stops & starts.

Whenever people ask where I live I always say, 'Chorlton, it's where Quentin Crisp died.' Not strictly accurate (Chorlton Green is strictly speaking a village in it's own right)

Incidentally, two things I know about Denton:

It's on a railway line that has one passenger service, one way, per week.

And there's a girl from there who's a total dick (at least she was back in 1998)

I get confused by Chorlton On Medlock, I know roughly where it is but I couldn't say where it stops & starts.

Whenever people ask where I live I always say, 'Chorlton, it's where Quentin Crisp died.' Not strictly accurate (Chorlton Green is strictly speaking a village in it's own right)

Incidentally, two things I know about Denton:

It's on a railway line that has one passenger service, one way, per week.

And there's a girl from there who's a total dick (at least she was back in 1998)

I think everybody gets confused about the boundaries of C-on-M. Even I do. I think this gives an accurate description.

Yes, quite true about the lonesome train commuter in Denton, but I'm not sure what you mean about the total dick of a girl, unless it was an ex-girlfriend. :D

Back
Top Bottom