Where can I find a video of David Bowie performing with Morrissey?

The concert was filmed, and there is a VERY brief snippet of film in the 'Importance of Being Morrissey' documentary (literally a few seconds), but the footage of the entire performance has never been released, and no bootleg videos are known to exist.

There is an audio bootleg, which is easy to find - but that's it...so far.

In my brain. Because I was there. :cool:

It isn't very good footage though because we had the cheap seats on the side of the stage so all we saw was profiles all night.

I was wrong, he kept facing us. :sweet: This was before cameras were common at concerts. Bowie never turned our way but Morrissey did the whole time. I do remember saying "Whats the big deal? I came here to see Morrissey." :p My friend Bryn was aghast, I didn't give a shit about David Bowie at the time. :o

I always wondered why Morrissey hated sharing the stage with Bowie. Now I know.

Morrissey is a performer. Bowie is an actor.

Morrissey is not an actor, and his performance comes off very phony and corny. He just can't sell something that he is not into.

David on the other hand, is nothing but a salesman. Like the world's hottest and best car dealer.

Morrissey is not an actor, and his performance comes off very phony and corny. He just can't sell something that he is not into.

David on the other hand, is nothing but a salesman. Like the world's hottest and best car dealer.
Bowie is great.
Clearly one of the most significant artists of our time (and I'm not even a fan!).
All that stuff about acting and selling cars, very flakey and insubstantial.

I think Bowie is one of the biggest frauds of all time. He usually writes a good song every decade. He is like Madonna and his true talent is knowing who to work with. More than one person has called him a creative vampire. He seems to get the acclaim Kate Bush deserves. Now that is creativity and imagination.

A thousand times this.

I think Bowie is one of the biggest frauds of all time. He usually writes a good song every decade. He ily s like Madonna and his true talent is knowing who to work with. More than one person has called him a creative vampire. He seems to get the acclaim Kate Bush deserves. Now that is creativity and imagination.
Are you sure this theory hangs together?
Bowie has been massive since the 70's and is generally spoken of as an elder statesman of Pop. Can all of this be achieved by a fraud?
How about the Beatles? They got lucky and leaned heavily on George Martin.
Everyone has their little theories.
It's cool just not liking someone.

Tags
david bowie morrissey
Back
Top Bottom