Where/how do you store your music?

I've just bought a new laptop with 750 gb harddrive, my 140 gb of music is on there as well as a backup on an external hdd. Plus i've got some of the music on my smartphone 32 gb external card.

Still I will always buy cds and vinyl as long as it will be available. My livingroom is basically packed with them with books and to a lesser extent dvds etc.

Every CD I buy I digitize and I've digitized most the old ones, I keep them on a terrabyte drive, cost about $100 if I recall. Instead of selling my CDs, I keep the sleeve's which are small and easy to store so I at least have a hard copy of the art and liner notes and toss the CD case.

Hi EP, if you go digital make sure you back up to an external hard drive. My laptop died taking all my itunes library with it :tears:

I wanna know what it is like to buy music and get a cd to take back home. Last time I did that was in 2000 or 2001 I think. I stopped downloading music when it became illegal here in Sweden and just about that time music became uninteresting and bad and I have since lived with the feeling that nothing of interest has been released during this time.

All on me pc, but I need a portable hard drive for my birthday. So I can be 100% sure that none of the files disappear forever.

Hi EP, if you go digital make sure you back up to an external hard drive. My laptop died taking all my itunes library with it :tears:

I hear you. Everybody knows about the need for backup, yet everybody's too lazy to make backup copies. Myself included. ;)

I wanna know what it is like to buy music and get a cd to take back home. Last time I did that was in 2000 or 2001 I think. I stopped downloading music when it became illegal here in Sweden and just about that time music became uninteresting and bad and I have since lived with the feeling that nothing of interest has been released during this time.

I agree with you, sort of. Nothing really impressed me musically in the last couple of years, with the exception of Lana Del Rey's Video Games. Other than that, I have a hopelessly outdated musical taste.

On my shelves

:thumb: Me too, but it'll have to change, I'm running out of storage space.

On the subject of buying music...

Since I've started using eBay and Discogs, I've taken great pleasure in being able to score dirt-cheap brand new, unopened CD's and shit, sometimes rare stuff if I really luck out.

There's just something really awesome about getting to open a time capsule like that... That, and knowing you aren't getting screwed on an "EX" disc that's scratched to shit and riddled with pinholes.

I have a portable harddrive for now.
I had to use a program to burn songs from my ipod when my old harddrive suddenly needed new formatting.
I have cds too but going through the trouble of burning them all again?

Back
Top Bottom