Which of these Smiths/Morrissey reissue/repackage albums do you own/will you buy?

Which of these albums do you own/will you buy (in the case of GH)?

• Total voters
So with all this debate about the GH tracklisting let us see if we actually have bought/will buy (in the case of GH) any of them.

I purchased "Bona Drag" and "World of Morrissey" both used. I purchased "My Early Burglary Years" new. I passed on Rhino's "Best of" collection and will pass on the upcoming "Greatest Hits".

I'll purchase the two new tracks via download, but I will not be purchasing a "Greatest Hits" album. I already own not only the albums the songs were originally released on, but the CD singles for the vast majority of the songs too.

for Smiths I have Louder than Bombs and The World Won't listen. I dont own any of those "greatest hits" or "singles" comps. for Moz I have Bona Drag, World of Morrissey and Early Burglary Years. I never listen to World of Morrissey though. I dont have any "Best of" or "Greatest hits" Moz cds. and i def won't be buying this upcoming one.

I am not what my record-collecting ex would call a "Completist" when it comes to owning every conceivable permutation of an artist's work (particularly when there are no new versions of the same old songs on repackaged product). Of those, I only have My Early Burglary Years. I will prolly buy the CD single of People Throw Up when the new greatest comes out, and/or get the new song/s off iTunes, but won't splash out for the CD.

--jeniphir

Last edited:
i have all in the list and have purchased BONA DRAG like 11 times in my life...

whether it be that i played them to death, or gave them away to people when they say they've never heard of morrissey, or because i cannot stand seeing MORRISSEY in the used section.

i have all in the list and have purchased BONA DRAG like 11 times in my life...

whether it be that i played them to death, or gave them away to people when they say they've never heard of morrissey, or because i cannot stand seeing MORRISSEY in the used section.

ha, no offense, but thats just ridiculous and a little insane.

I purchased "Bona Drag" and "World of Morrissey" both used. I purchased "My Early Burglary Years" new. I passed on Rhino's "Best of" collection and will pass on the upcoming "Greatest Hits".

I'll purchase the two new tracks via download, but I will not be purchasing a "Greatest Hits" album. I already own not only the albums the songs were originally released on, but the CD singles for the vast majority of the songs too.

Johan the question is though will you be in France? :)

So nearly half of us are going to buy it, and this could increase when the album is actually released.
More people will buy this then The Best Of Morrissey, which is not surprising considering GH has 2 new songs and The Best Of... had none.
I just don't remember the same amount of criticism when The Best Of was released.

So nearly half of us are going to buy it, and this could increase when the album is actually released.
More people will buy this then The Best Of Morrissey, which is not surprising considering GH has 2 new songs and The Best Of... had none.
I just don't remember the same amount of criticism when The Best Of was released.

Well, timing for one. When The Best Of was released, wasn't it during the seven year drought? So, I think we were amazed anything was being released.

Also, I think it is the inclusion of the new tracks. They simply serve to raise the dander of his core fan base because we all collect nearly everything he releases, but this just reeks of a cash grab because there is no way anyone here buys the Greatest Hits without the inclusion of the new tracks, and then you're back to having to pay $15 for two unreleased songs. Not cool...

my first smiths cd was "singles" and it really beats the best of 1 and 2 by miles cause the best of was really trhrown together..they surely had adviced some trainee in their company to put songs together and it was by far the imprudentliest compilation ever ..moz and marr wasnt involved in best of 1 and 2 and you could tell

but singles is great and great for a first contact with the band starts with hand in glove and ends with there is alight (even though light wasnt a official single)

you could see that they arent not only a album band but a singles band as well and both of them confirm and spoke a lot about that
the singles they released mean as much to them as the albums

i have world of morrissey because of the nonreleased stuff and decided angainst suedehead-best of cause world of only cost me 4 euro...and uedehead about 14.99 so "orld of was"the one i chooseand my ealy
burlgary years which cost me about 6-8 euro so i saw no need to buy "suedehead" since all the non releasedsongs were also on
world of and burlgary

Back
Top Bottom