Which would you rather?

L

LittleBastard

Someone has gone back in time and messed with the best band's lineup. Would you rather:

A. The Smiths, but having been fronted by someone other than Moz (i.e. completely different lyrically, vocal melody, etc.)
B. The Smiths, but without Marr and all he brought to the table (i.e. completely different musically but Moz's same lyrics, vocal melody, etc.)

I hate the idea of either, but A for me (as long as it wasn't someone who is complete shite like Eddie Vedder).

I'd rather have Spandau Ballet than either of those hellish options.

I can't pick one b/c I don't think either of those options would have given us anything close to what we know as The Smiths. As much as some want to ascribe most of The Smiths brilliance to one person either Johnny or Morrissey... the truth is that they encouraged each other and grew together as songwriters.

i cant even see the options,what is it meant to be,some sort of poll.if its a choice between M and marr then everyone knows where i would fling my coat.

Like others on the site I was lucky enough to see The Smiths (3 times )and wouldn't wish to go back in time to see something that could never be The Smiths. The only reason I would like to go back in time for something Smiths related, would be to go back to the Preston Guild Hall gig in 86 and stop the twat who threw the coin that hit Morrissey on the head halfway through the QID, ending the gig after 1 f***ing song!!

Like others on the site I was lucky enough to see The Smiths (3 times )and wouldn't wish to go back in time to see something that could never be The Smiths. The only reason I would like to go back in time for something Smiths related, would be to go back to the Preston Guild Hall gig in 86 and stop the twat who threw the coin that hit Morrissey on the head halfway through the QID, ending the gig after 1 f***ing song!!
Very sad indeed - https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-smiths/1986/preston-guild-hall-preston-england-2bd7d41a.html

Back
Top Bottom