While we wait for the next good news...

Erik

Subscriber
Vauxhall & I vs. Your Arsenal

I would really like to know why so many of you regard Vauxhall as the better album and as his solo career best so far. I have never understood it myself. I mean don't get me wrong there are parts of Vauxhall that I really love but I just don't see how it stacks up better then Arsenal. If I rated both these albums (and since I've been a religious devotee to the cause since 1987) - I feel I have enough sense to rate these songs objectively. So based on the 1/10 scoring range - just like the songs we have been rating on the board for a while now - here goes..

YOUR ARSENAL - 7.85 avg per song

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side - 7.5
Glamorous Glue - 7
We'll Let You Know - 8.5
The National Front Disco - 8
Certain People I Know - 5.5
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful - 8
You're The One For Me, Fatty - 5.5
Seasick, Yet Still Docked - 10
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday - 8.5
Tomorrow - 10

VAUXHALL & I - 7.04 avg per song

Now My Heart Is Full - 9.5 (this may seem crazy to some of you - but I'm taking all aspects into account. Melodically it's a 10+ Lyrically not so relatable - especially to us American fans)
Spring-Heeled Jim - 5
Billy Budd - 7
Hold On To Your Friends - 8.5
The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get - 9
Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself - 9
I Am Hated For Loving - 5
Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning - 4
Used To Be A Sweetboy - 4
The Lazy Sunbathers - 6.5
Speedway - 10

I would definitely say Vauxhall is a close 2nd but not #1. I would love to know why you disagree IF YOU DO

I love both albums to death, but Vauxhall is a much deeper album musically and lyrically (to me).

My two favorite albums. If forced to choose I say "Vauxhall and I". When I much younger "Your Arsenal" was definitley my most played, but as I have packed on the years "Vauxhall" has become the favorite. Definitley deeper to me as well.

a 5 for " I am Hated For Loving"??????????:confused:

Back
Top Bottom