Who have you seen live? And best gigs in general

Silent Reader

On Timeout
On Timeout
Including the great man, but hopefully also many others, who have you seen live in concert & who was your favourite?

And for that matter, maybe even least favourite!! And why?

For the record, my best ever gig was Depeche Mode, Birmingham NEC 2001. I was right at the front & basically, it was f***ing awesome. They did all the bangers & Gahan was class.

I remember him lifting his hand & 20,000 people did the same back - I thought, that must be a great feeling.

Worst gig - I saw Paulo Nutini once, but that was with a date. Wasn’t really too bad performance wise, just not my cup of tea. I’ve never really been to a terrible gig as I tend to be quite choosy who I go and see.

Best gig, either Morrissey- Manchester 2004, Morrissey- RAH 2009, Tears For Fears - Blenheim Palace 2019, Suede - London 2018 or the time I went to see Culture Club in Bournemouth and their supporting act, the Human League blew them out of the water.

Worst gig, The Damned sometime in Poole who looked bored and were clearly there for the money. I great shame from the best punk band ever

Best gig, either Morrissey- Manchester 2004, Morrissey- RAH 2009, Tears For Fears - Blenheim Palace 2019, Suede - London 2018 or the time I went to see Culture Club in Bournemouth and their supporting act, the Human League blew them out of the water.

Worst gig, The Damned sometime in Poole who looked bored and were clearly there for the money. I great shame from the best punk band ever
Manchester 2004 - was that the 'Who put the 'M' in Manchester' gig?

If so, lucky man! I tried to get tickets but couldn't.

Yeah that show was recorded for the video. I think I managed to get my tickets direct from the venue. Drove all the way up from Somerset for the show and stayed overnight in Manchester, not that we got much sleep as a drunken Man Utd fan decided to sing very loudly outside of our bedroom window for what seemed like hours!

I’ve seen Moz hundreds of times (never with the smiths though) but, the last two Stone Roses gigs were special. Even more so considering, they were dreadful the first time round 26 years ago.

Including the great man, but hopefully also many others, who have you seen live in concert & who was your favourite?

And for that matter, maybe even least favourite!! And why?

For the record, my best ever gig was Depeche Mode, Birmingham NEC 2001. I was right at the front & basically, it was f***ing awesome. They did all the bangers & Gahan was class.

I remember him lifting his hand & 20,000 people did the same back - I thought, that must be a great feeling.

Worst gig - I saw Paulo Nutini once, but that was with a date. Wasn’t really too bad performance wise, just not my cup of tea. I’ve never really been to a terrible gig as I tend to be quite choosy who I go and see.

Yeah DM has gotta be up there with the best of live gigs.

The Jam 1979 Setting Sons tour,I was 14 in the upper circle for my first concert and nothing prepared me for the volume and the performance of the band,it literally stunned me.

Best gig Morrissey at O2 Arena London, loved the scale of the gig and Moz was genuinely appreciative that such a huge crowd had turned up to see him and the band. Aftershow at a venue inside the O2 was great too.
Worst gig The Courteeners at Glasgow Academy about five years ago. There was a huge fight on the floor before the band came on and security didn't want to know, they just let folk get beaten up and the thugs stayed to watch the show. Then when the gig started I've never seen so many pints thrown throughout a gig in my life, absolute scum were at that gig and I regret not cutting my losses and leaving early. Since that night I've not listened to a Courteeners cd as the whole experience just put me off the band and their followers.

@Mandingo - i really think you should sign up to this forum, you make some good posts & they are in danger of maybe getting lost in a thread due to moderation.(y)

That's genuine by the way, i'm not taking the piss.

@Mandingo - i really think you should sign up to this forum, you make some good posts & they are in danger of maybe getting lost in a thread due to moderation.(y)

I've said as much previously. jftr.

I've considered a bit of blocking myself but I think threads wouldn't make as much sense if you didn't see it all.
Understood, but if there's ambiguity, & it might be of interest, then I 'show' the anon posts. Works for me. Most anon posts are trolling shit which I can't be arsed looking at. Same with some account holders if I'm honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Appreciate that SR and Mozmar, thanks for the support. I actually don't make that many posts tbh, I thought if I was a named guest my posts would be shown as long as mods passed as acceptable?

My first concert was Bruce Springsteen in July 1978. "Prove it All Night" still makes my nipples hard.
My favorite Morrissey show is August 9, 2002 at the Celebrity Theatre in Phoenix. First solo performance of "I Want the One I Can't Have" and "There is a Light That Never Goes Out." Enough said.
My all-time favorite was seeing The Clash on May 26, 1983. I was able to go back stage after the concert and eat Chinese food and drink Becks beer with them. Joe was incredibly kind and Mick had a girl on both arms.

Appreciate that SR and Mozmar, thanks for the support. I actually don't make that many posts tbh, I thought if I was a named guest my posts would be shown as long as mods passed as acceptable?
Yes that’s right Mandingo, but they can take a few minutes to appear, that’s all. So if the thread was moving thick & fast, you could end up a few posts behind by the time yours appears.

No, that's not the case as some people who have accounts, such as me, choose to block 'anon' posts (for the reasons already explained), which would include those anons which are named. Even with an account, if you don't feel the need to make many posts, then that's fine. There are some people who have had accounts since 2006 etc. for example, who barely post at all. Just sayin'.

No, that's not the case as some people who have accounts, such as me, choose to block 'anon' posts (for the reasons already explained), which would include those anons which are named. Even with an account, if you don't feel the need to make many posts, then that's fine. There are some people who have had accounts since 2006 etc. for example, who barely post at all. Just sayin'.
Ok thanks Mozmar.

Back
Top Bottom