Who thinks oasis are past it.,

Thats cause your from f***in finland and probably didnt or havent had anything musically to celebrate since the world began:lbf: Oasis defined a generation, gave hope to millions of people, brought guitar music back with avengence and a swagger that just said "if you dont like us or our music then f*** off", so i think u know what im goin to say....f*** Off:thumb:

Wow.. nice responce. I find it quite sad that to save this generation you only need a laddish f*** off-attitude, some noise from the quitar section and lyrics drained bereft of anything that could be considered intelligent or witty. Then again it might be something to do with being english and that's something I wont even try to understand.

can i ask, did u read my next post? i explained in that post that i had worded my responce a bit wrong, sorry. i was trying to say that i didnt think Oasis would have the same effect on the rest of the world as the U.K. and yes the "laddish attitude" is the northerner in me

can i ask, did u read my next post? i explained in that post that i had worded my responce a bit wrong, sorry. i was trying to say that i didnt think Oasis would have the same effect on the rest of the world as the U.K. and yes the "laddish attitude" is the northerner in me

Yes, I read it.. only afterwards though. But to speak the truth, I never have quite understood this great hype that surrounds such a mediocre band.

Yes, I read it.. only afterwards though. But to speak the truth, I never have quite understood this great hype that surrounds such a mediocre band.

There not a mediocre band though, thats the problem. even if you dont like them u cant deny that they are a brilliant band....take my example of metalica on a previous post for example. Its like people will think the smiths were a mediocre band, but there not. its just personal opinion. any way were is the girl who started this thread, she aint sed a word for a while

There not a mediocre band though, thats the problem. even if you dont like them u cant deny that they are a brilliant band....take my example of metalica on a previous post for example. Its like people will think the smiths were a mediocre band, but there not. its just personal opinion. any way were is the girl who started this thread, she aint sed a word for a while

Well, I don't know what attributes does an average person demand from a band so it can be called brilliant, but I just find Oasis dull as hell.

They're still, and allways will be, 2000000000000x more interesting than the shite that passes for rock these days, im talking razorshite and the like. Far from past it also, they still continue to release strong albums to this day bar the overproduced Be Here Now.

Noel, as brash and thuggish as he can seem to the idiots who don't listen to what he says, has overcome a shite upbringing in a terible family to reach the heights of over-indulgence in the milionare lifestyle. People seem to have problems with this yet blubering herion-veined pete dickerty is void from critisism? Anyway, he continues to keep a clear head and speak more sense than anyone else out there apart from you know who to this day, and still writes brilliant records ignored by the snobs due to it being a totally different style from "the first two albums®"

of course, if they'd have carried on like they were they'd have been bollocked for not doing anything different

fickle fickle fickle

Worst band of all time. Simply a Beatles tribute act, who have not developed at all in terms of musical style.

Noel's a funny lad though.

They're still, and allways will be, 2000000000000x more interesting than the shite that passes for rock these days, im talking razorshite and the like. Far from past it also, they still continue to release strong albums to this day bar the overproduced Be Here Now.

Noel, as brash and thuggish as he can seem to the idiots who don't listen to what he says, has overcome a shite upbringing in a terible family to reach the heights of over-indulgence in the milionare lifestyle. People seem to have problems with this yet blubering herion-veined pete dickerty is void from critisism? Anyway, he continues to keep a clear head and speak more sense than anyone else out there apart from you know who to this day, and still writes brilliant records ignored by the snobs due to it being a totally different style from "the first two albums®"

of course, if they'd have carried on like they were they'd have been bollocked for not doing anything different

fickle fickle fickle

Here Here my northen friend:thumb: there seems to be a growing bandwagon that people are jumping on for some strange reason

Worst band of all time. Simply a Beatles tribute act, who have not developed at all in terms of musical style.

Noel's a funny lad though.

worst band of all time????????? you really must have only listened to them and the smiths then:crazy:

I like the what story album.And the wonderwall song is very catchy i have heard some of thier new stuff it not as good.

Andy Bell must have been very hard up to join Oasis after Ride. :crazy:
(Don't mention Hurricane #1)

i remember first seeing that recent single's video and thinking f***in hell, when did oasis turn into a boyband?? it practically looked like a cologne advert.

nevertheless, wonderwall is by no means the only good thing on what's the story, and overall i like them. i used to be a bit too snobby for them :p but i saw the light eventually. can't resist really.

After "Definately Maybe", Oasis seem to care less about the quality of their songwriting and more and more of the music they release is utterly forgettable. I really like the new single "Shock of the Lightning", but most of the album barely warrants a second or third turn. LIVE, however, they are excellent. I caught their show here in Winnipeg with Ryan Adams & the Cardinals and the whole show was powerfully done.

Andy Bell must have been very hard up to join Oasis after Ride. :crazy:
(Don't mention Hurricane #1)

My thoughts as well. I have heard that he was playing in Gay Dad when he got the call, maybe it was for the best.

Not really and have never been my cup of tea, do find their interviews very very funny though.

Me. Quite liked them during the first two albums, but don't really care for them since... Listened to the last album once and got bored quite quickly.

Not my favourite band, but 'what's the story..' and 'Definitely Maybe' were immense. Nowadays I think it they've accepted that their music will never be as good as it was back in the day, and it shows in their recent music. Still, as said in a previous post compared to some modern shite like Razorlight, Kaiser chiefs et al, Oasis are in a different league.

Somebody once described Oasis as 'a sort of Stone Roses for morons', which I still find hilarious, if a bit harsh. The first album was excellent, but very little they've done since then has appealed to me. 'The Importance of Being Idle' is an excellent song, though.

Tags
nostalgia spelling errors
Back
Top Bottom