Who thinks oasis are past it.,

Are they f***!! Still the second best band to ever have graced a stage(after the smiths of course) They are not passed it, selling out wembley stadium 3 times over this year adn heaton park would suggest that they are still in the publics views as being a great band worth seeing. i dont get this ANTI OASIS thing that has been goin round for the past couple of years which more and more people are juming on. Their latest album Dig out Your Soul is a great album that put most other bands to shame last year with their offerings, and so do all Oasis other albums

I do . used to be a massive fan,, now i just tnink they are shit.:lbf:

and how the f*** do you go from being a MASSIVE fan to thinking they are shit.......different if you just dont like a particular new song or new album, but to go from MASSIVE fan to shit!!! your weird:crazy:

If the last 4 albums had been their only 4 albums they'd be a very poor band, probably about 5 good songs in all of those. Thankfully they produced 3 excellent albums before that.

If the last 4 albums had been their only 4 albums they'd be a very poor band, probably about 5 good songs in all of those. Thankfully they produced 3 excellent albums before that.

well its all about personal taste really, cause i love all there albums and especially the much hated Standing on The Shoulders, but to say they are shit is a massive understatment. For example i hate Metalica, but i'd never say they are "shit" becuase obviously they are a massive band with many fans so they are obviously not shit, not just my cup of tea

I heard their latest song on the radio this weekend and thought it was great. (I don't know if it was brand new, or their most recent single). Sometimes I thought some of their stuff sounded a bit "same-y", which put me off them slightly. I think Noel is great, both as a songwriter and a storyteller. Did you hear about his "get cape, wear cape, F*** OFF" remark to Noel Fielding? Classic

Yes, is this only now being raised as an issue? There hasn't been anything since "What's the story..." that I'd even bother with.

They have been past it since the first record ever came out.

Thats cause your from f***in finland and probably didnt or havent had anything musically to celebrate since the world began:lbf: Oasis defined a generation, gave hope to millions of people, brought guitar music back with avengence and a swagger that just said "if you dont like us or our music then f*** off", so i think u know what im goin to say....f*** Off:thumb:

Well tehy still have their timeless hits ya; however, they have had a long rest period. You do have to remember they wrote those songs that made yuo a huge fan years ago. I struggle with the band personally because of a crappy experience with them after a show in the early 90's. Liam the bugger that we all know, love and hate was very offensive to a dear friend of mine, who at teh time held Liam very high. I wish I had never stopped to think about the big doormen backstage, as I nearly kicked him in the face where he sat on a couch. I woul've never made it out. I would still love them teh same if Liam would change his stage stance of supremacy, and they took a chance away from one of teh beatles many sounds. Love em, hate em and owe a lot of years of partying to them. Neutral I guess, but I have seen bands come and go that were honest and hard working.

I still really quite like Oasis. more for their potential to still put out great music than them actually doing so. I was on board with them from the start when a mate of mine here in States told me about them after a trip to the UK back in the day. I bought the cd and me jaw dropped immediately.

Much like Morrissey, the b-sides were even great back then. I still think they are better than 99% of most other bands out there but every since they went for the layer upon layer of sound I've found myself a little less interested.

In the past, I'd say each of the early records had maybe 1-2 songs that I felt weren't up to the rest. Now with the last 3 records I'm finding myself only REALLY loving about 3-4 songs.

I really just liked the more simple stuff they used to do. Even stuff like D' Yer Wanna Be A Spaceman was great. These days I get the feeling of sameness on some of the songs but I still like them... just not sure I can say I love them like I used to. I kinda wonder if their isn't something to be said for the lineup change...

Thats cause your from f***in finland and probably didnt or havent had anything musically to celebrate since the world began:lbf: Oasis defined a generation, gave hope to millions of people, brought guitar music back with avengence and a swagger that just said "if you dont like us or our music then f*** off", so i think u know what im goin to say....f*** Off:thumb:

Yeah, you can only appreciate the music that originates in your home country can't you? The views you've just put forward sum up an Oasis fan, and partly the reason I now feel embarrassment when telling people I love the band. I don't want them to think I am like you. They had a couple of effective lyrics, such as "Is it worth the aggravation to find yourself a job...", but really most of the lyrics Noel wrote was absolute nonsense. I hate how he still tries to pass himself off as a working class hero, from his mansion, with all his mountains of cash.

Yeah, you can only appreciate the music that originates in your home country can't you? The views you've just put forward sum up an Oasis fan, and partly the reason I now feel embarrassment when telling people I love the band. I don't want them to think I am like you. They had a couple of effective lyrics, such as "Is it worth the aggravation to find yourself a job...", but really most of the lyrics Noel wrote was absolute nonsense. I hate how he still tries to pass himself off as a working class hero, from his mansion, with all his mountains of cash.

Never sed that you can only appreciate music from your own country, probably did word it a bit wrong in my defence, but i was trying to say that their huge impact in the early 90's probably wasnt the same for someone in finland or kenya or tazmania as it was for people in the U.K. Noel is brilliant and just cause he is now rich doesn't mean he has to change his "working class" views on life. Money cant change the way you feel really on political issues in my opinion. can i just ask were your from in england, north/south?

Never sed that you can only appreciate music from your own country, probably did word it a bit wrong in my defence, but i was trying to say that their huge impact in the early 90's probably wasnt the same for someone in finland or kenya or tazmania as it was for people in the U.K. Noel is brilliant and just cause he is now rich doesn't mean he has to change his "working class" views on life. Money cant change the way you feel really on political issues in my opinion. can i just ask were your from in england, north/south?

Ok I can understand that yeah, but you could say that about many bands. I just don't think it warrants dismissing the opinion giving by someone in such a way as telling them to "f*** off", but this is a forum afterall, and I'm sure you are quite lovely really. ;)

I'm not saying he should change his views at all, but when I read stuff where he is talking about "getting really pissed with the lads", I just think that he is now far too old to be saying things like this, and it stinks of him trying to desperately relate to the working class, which he really no longer is a part of. I am from the South of England, a.k.a I'm a southern fairy/poof.

I am from the South of England, a.k.a I'm a southern fairy/poof.

Enough said:D.....only kiddin. as a workin class lad though i still find Noel's views on Britain and life to be interesting, i still think of him as a working class lad with workin class views, but that might just be because im from the North a.k.a im a loud beer drinkin knobhead:D

Tags
nostalgia spelling errors
Back
Top Bottom