Why do YOU not have freedom of speech? Or freedom to wear a badge on TV? - @officalmoz / Twitter

401388C0-BA44-4270-A54E-08F8ABB06FE6.jpeg

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
You see, your mistake there is conflating my abuse, when I want to do it, with your use of a pejorative term for someone who cannot change who they are. I know when I want to abuse people. I also know that using disabled people as an insult is not right, just as it's not right to use someone's skin colour or sexuality. You used a disability as an insult.

And yet you called M a "nutter",for possibly having mental health problems.

You are a hypocrite.

*sigh*

He HAS freedom of speech. He just uses it to make an arse of himself, repeatedly.

Ah, but his rabid acolytes determine free speech to mean that Morrissey can be as 'controversial' and racist as he likes and must not be contradicted. Only he speaks the truth. If you look at some of the posts from his arch-racist supporters their pitiful attempts to 'own' words* - largely words they don't seem to understand - and repeat those words ad nauseam, a la Trump, speaks to their ignorance.

*sections cut and pasted from unsourced, online articles and paraded as their own. Not clever at all but what else would you expect?

As ever, Morrissey created this mess and now he pays the price: genuine fans leaving in their droves (specifically in the UK), a growing racist fan-base supporting his every word - fuelling his agenda of hate, albums sales falling off the edge of a cliff (despite the albums themselves being quite good) and UK tour dates pulled because of lack of sales.

Morrissey has spoken quite freely. His erstwhile UK fans have spoken louder and clearer.

Resoting to “free speech”, when it’s never been removed is a bit rich of him. He has free speech, expression, association etc. That’s not in any danger. His beef is that everybody else has the right to respond, and he cannot deal with that. He’s as bad as Trump shouting “Fake News”.

For a man who is known to craft the English language so well, and let’s not take that way from him, he has little by way of coherence to respond to criticism. And so you know what? He never has. Morrissey has never been able to deal with conflict or criticism.

Morrissey, dear, you and people like you have free speech. You can wear any badge you choose and have plenty of platforms to express your views. No one is stopping you from doing or saying or wearing whatever you want.
You just don't like the reaction.
Just because crowds of people aren't screaming you're the smartest boy in the world, you sulk and sigh and say you are being oppressed. :rolleyes:
His narcissism is clearly on view as, once more, he proudly and very clearly in his recent tweet nails his flag firmly to the mast of the far right.

Fair point deleted it now, just can’t understand how someone could talk about violence when it wasn’t mentioned anywhere in the post?
yeah a bit like people saying he supports Tommy Robinson when all he said was " what happened to Tommy Robinson was wrong "

As people have already commented on many many occasions on that Tweet - he has the freedom to wear a badge, and others have the freedom to criticise him for it.That's how freedom of speech works, but he seems to think it's only freedom of speech if people don't get to criticise him.
Well, exactly. But show me a right-wing c*** who's not slippery, inconsistent and dishonest.

I'm afraid, despite the many posts, free speech does not exist. It comes at a cost. A cost that Morrissey is paying now for his feckless comments. Even within the confines of this forum Davidt and his band of elves have consistently neutured comments that don't meet their own agenda or that they believe might get them into trouble with the 'man' (the 'man' for sake of argument in this instance is not Morrissey). The discourse about free speech is about as naive as those who live in the UK who constantly bang on about living in a democracy. The UK has never operated a democracy - ever. It has put a little sheen on things, granted, but we remain ruled from on high by a largely white, middle/upper class male elite. The same is true of America, France, Germany ...... it's an extremely long list.

For those enamoured by the likes of Trump, Macron, Corbyn, Johnson or Farage - they are the elite and it is they that attempt to keep us all as dumb as a box of frogs - they seem to be doing a damn good job of it. To paraphrase: "it can be better to have a benign dictator rather than a dumb democracy". Although where you'd find a benign dictator is anyone's guess.

So, when I see comments here relating to free speech and democracy I do 2 things:

1. I yawn and wonder how long it will take the alt-right element of this forum to jump in - wellies on - and blame everything and everyone (except the white population) for eradicating their precious values of democracy and free speech; all the while remaining blissfully unaware that they have never had either.
2. Pour myself a large vodka to numb myself from the inevitable wave of hate and gross stupidity from people who think themselves somehow superior and intellectual because they have white skin.

It is extraordinary how so many people here do not get what he meant. Skinny the self proclaimed genius states that he CAN wear a pin or badge but that is not the point skinny puppy.

The point here is that if he does it creates a million articles across the globe where he is attacked and ridiculed by some and applauded by others.

We have reduced ourselves to outrage over a badge while people in Sudan are starving to death.

It is extraordinary how so many people here do not get what he meant. Skinny the self proclaimed genius states that he CAN wear a pin or badge but that is not the point skinny puppy.

The point here is that if he does it creates a million articles across the globe where he is attacked and ridiculed by some and applauded by others.

We have reduced ourselves to outrage over a badge while people in Sudan are starving to death.

Why would they understand? I think you are wasting your time here. This IS a losing strategy.
I'm nothing if NOT deeply strategic.

I understand your comment re: Sudan. However, what on earth do you think the symbolism and message of that badge is? It's not to assist the Sudanese or any other person of ethnic origin. Sudan has a 97% recogniton of Islam as it's main religion. Do you really think the Islamophobic Britian First, Waters, Morrissey and their band of mealy-mouthed haters would lift a finger to assist the Sudansese?

I understand your comment re: Sudan. However, what on earth do you think the symbolism and message of that badge is? It's not to assist the Sudanese or any other person of ethnic origin. Sudan has a 97% recogniton of Islam as it's main religion. Do you really think the Islamophobic Britian First, Waters, Morrissey and their band of mealy-mouthed haters would lift a finger to assist the Sudansese?
What you and Skinny puppy forget is that we live in a democracy but people like you are already behaving like we live in anarchy.

If anything people like you pointing at people all the time is the problem and it is hate mongering that creates terrorists who murder the innocent. You all have blood on your hands without knowing it and are setting yourself up for a society where you would not cope for 5 minutes.

Sometimes I wish people like you could be careful with what you wish for cause it might come true and you stand no chance if it does. The ones in power with the military power are all right wing conservatives and see you as welfare peasants.

This is all about people like you not able to take that someone disagrees with you and you are still a toddler with broken toys in the sand box.

Grow the help up and lay off the mind altering soy.

I have freedom of speech. So does he. But that freedom of speech allows me to say that Morrissey is a far past his prime washed up moany old c*** with nothing left in the creative tanks who should probably retire because it's all a bit pathetic in that old shouty "I'm right and the rest of the world is wrong" baby boomer sort of way.

But that same freedom of speech is probably going to lead to people on here calling me an asshole, marking this as troll, etc. That doesn't mean I'm not free to call Morrissey a far past his prime washed up moany old c*** with nothing left in the creative tanks who should probably retire because it's all a bit pathetic in that old shouty "I'm right and the rest of the world is wrong" baby boomer sort of way.

What you and Skinny puppy forget is that we live in a democracy but people like you are already behaving like we live in anarchy.

If anything people like you pointing at people all the time is the problem and it is hate mongering that creates terrorists who murder the innocent. You all have blood on your hands without knowing it and are setting yourself up for a society where you would not cope for 5 minutes.

Sometimes I wish people like you could be careful with what you wish for cause it might come true and you stand no chance if it does. The ones in power with the military power are all right wing conservatives and see you as welfare peasants.

This is all about people like you not able to take that someone disagrees with you and you are still a toddler with broken toys in the sand box.

Grow the help up and lay off the mind altering soy.

ER, no. We don't live in a democracy - not in the UK anyway. We live with the illusion of it. I have no blood on my hands and never intend to, thank you very much. Did you actually read what I wrote? Or, did you read it and not understand it? You commented on the situation in Sudan. I explicitly provided you with reasons why the 'badge' would not assist the people of Sudan in their plight. In fact it would harm their cause as they define themselves largley as muslim. Morrissey, Britian First, Waters and the haters here all have their role to play in stoking Islamic hate.

I neither agreed or disagreed with anyone. I made a statement.

ER, no. We don't live in a democracy - not in the UK anyway. We live with the illusion of it. I have no blood on my hands and never intend to, thank you very much. Did you actually read what I wrote? Or, did you read it and not understand it? You commented on the situation in Sudan. I explicitly provided you with reasons why the 'badge' would not assist the people of Sudan in their plight. In fact it would harm their cause as they define themselves largley as muslim. Morrissey, Britian First, Waters and the haters here all have their role to play in stoking Islamic hate.

I neither agreed or disagreed with anyone. I made a statement.
Have to agree with the beginning there.

They want to limit immigration which means taking care of muslims who have been given areas that turned into ghettos.
Do you honestly feel muslims in Britain was given a fair chance?

They even made Bradford roads the most unsafe in the world and cop shows on tv cannot even deny it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom