Why Does Morrissey HATE Kill Uncle? (The Production?)

SNS22

Not Dead Yet
Because it sounded awesome live...

Of note, he has never played any of the songs live again since the end of the tour since 1991

I would love to hear/read any recent interview where he comments on Kill Uncle

Here is:Kill Uncle-Live

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9r5u0k

1 Our Frank (Belgium 4-30-91)
2 Asian Rut (Paris 4-29-91)
3 Sing Your Life (At KROQ)
4 Mute Witness (Costa Mesa 6-1-91)
5 King Leer (Paris 4-29-91)
6 Alsatian Cousin (Hammersmith 10-4-91)*
7 Driving Your Girlfriend Home (Hammersmith 10-4-91)*
8 Angel, Angel Down We Go Together (Houston 6-17-91)
9 I'm The End Of The Family Line (Costa Mesa 6-1-91)
10 There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends (At KROQ)
11 That's Entertainment (Belgium 4-30-91)*

* Bonus Tracks in place of Found, Found, Found, Harsh Truth Of The Camera Eye, Tony The Pony (US Version)

chart success? the reviews at the time? or just bad memories of recording/process of the album. i only bought kill uncle recently but i think its a pretty good album.

Because it sounded awesome live...

Of note, he has never played any of the songs live again since the end of the tour since 1991

I would love to hear/read any recent interview where he comments on Kill Uncle

Here is:Kill Uncle-Live

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9r5u0k

1 Our Frank (Belgium 4-30-91)
2 Asian Rut (Paris 4-29-91)
3 Sing Your Life (At KROQ)
4 Mute Witness (Costa Mesa 6-1-91)
5 King Leer (Paris 4-29-91)
6 Alsatian Cousin (Hammersmith 10-4-91)*
7 Driving Your Girlfriend Home (Hammersmith 10-4-91)*
8 Angel, Angel Down We Go Together (Houston 6-17-91)
9 I'm The End Of The Family Line (Costa Mesa 6-1-91)
10 There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends (At KROQ)
11 That's Entertainment (Belgium 4-30-91)*

* Bonus Tracks in place of Found, Found, Found, Harsh Truth Of The Camera Eye, Tony The Pony (US Version)

Have any of those last three songs ever been played live? I would KILL to hear Tony The Pony live. Great, great upload BTW.

Peter

I don't know why he hates it but me i love you :o

Are you going to upload all the Morrissey (Live album versions) now? oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i'll never finish. (joking)

I know they're extras but many songs don't belong to this album.

Last edited:
Thanks SNS! Good stuff!

Last edited:
:D It's a good album....not his best...but has some good stuff on it. Our Frank is one of my favorites......thanks for posting....

Have any of those last three songs ever been played live? I would KILL to hear Tony The Pony live. Great, great upload BTW.

Peter

Tony The Pony has yet to be played live...

I rated Kill Uncle as better than Maladjusted on the main page and took quite some hits for it...

Yes, Maladjusted has Trouble Loves Me and Wide To Recieve...

But Alma Matters is the only outstanding single from the album...

And The rest of the songs are average-below average

Kill Uncle has two "bad songs" Harsh Truth and Found Found Found...but the rest of the work is Good...and Sing Your Life and Our Frank are both outstading singles...

I rated Kill Uncle as better than Maladjusted on the main page and took quite some hits for it...
Yes, Maladjusted has Trouble Loves Me and Wide To Recieve...
But Alma Matters is the only outstanding single from the album...
And The rest of the songs are average-below average

For me Kill Uncle is better than Tormentors and Maladjusted (taken as whole albums).

Kill Uncle has two "bad songs" Harsh Truth and Found Found Found...but the rest of the work is Good...and Sing Your Life and Our Frank are both outstading singles...

And also "Driving your girlfriend home" and "Mute witness" are nice.
I don't think somehow he hates it.

M: Before Your Arsenal I felt very lonely. I didn't have a regular band and the last album I had recorded, Kill Uncle, frustrated me.
Les Inrockuptibles, 1995
"I do openly admit that some of the songs, some of the solo songs have been substandard," Morrissey now grants. "And when it occurred to me, around the period of the Kill Uncle album, it was a great shock to me to actually make a few records which I didn't really think were exceptional for me. But I think I'm through that time now. It was actually a very bad time for me privately, also."
Dave DiMartino, Raygun, 1994

Interesting Drug would be on the forthcoming Bona Drag-Live production...

If Morrissey LIKES Kill Uncle why hasn't he played any song from in over 15 years? Since the tour he did for it....

he brought back Viva Hate songs in 2000 and 2002....Bona Drag and Your Arsenal songs in 2004, 2006, and 2007....

Still waiting since I missed them the first time

If Morrissey LIKES Kill Uncle why hasn't he played any song from in over 15 years? Since the tour he did for it....

Because he likes the other albums MORE?..

he brought back Viva Hate songs in 2000 and 2002....Bona Drag and Your Arsenal songs in 2004, 2006, and 2007....

When I think about the songs separately, I find them rather period-specific, in the lack of better expression, that is, I could perhaps only imagine him performing Driving Your Girlfriend Home now.
Well, strange things happen.

Thanks,

Instead of putting
6 Alsatian Cousin (Hammersmith 10-4-91)* and
8 Angel, Angel Down We Go Together (Houston 6-17-91),
to this compilation, I think that it would be better to put My love life, Pregnant for the last time or The Loop! They all come from Kill Uncle era.
These are more Viva hate!

Anyway good work and thanks!

Interesting Drug would be on the forthcoming Bona Drag-Live production...

I see yer point, but he began many shows [on european soil] from kill uncle
tour, with 'interesting drug' thats why my frown

and indeed 'our frank'or 'mute witness'or 'sing yer life' , or at least one
song from kill uncle shoud've been on his setlist

anyway thank for putting this up for DL

Wow. I'm speechless. I love this album. Oh thank you, to hear a live version of it is fantastic:]

Anyone remembers the old Kill Uncle appriciation thread here?:)

Think the production of this album is quite like the one of YATQ in many ways. How should we say, it's quite plain and uninnovative. This is of course a disaster since Kill Uncle is a one of a kind Moz album, nothing like it hasn't been done by him. Still it got that distant and dreamy edge but Th'Lads were succesful translating that into live music plus making it their own. That's truely impressive.

1. Vauxhall & I 2. Viva Hate 3. Your Arsenal 4. Kill Uncle 5. You Are The Quarry
6. Southpaw Grammar 7. Ringleader Of The Tormentors 8. MAladjusted

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom