Why Haven't You Downloaded YOR?

You sir, are a complete throbber.

I'm what? What am I? A throbber? I'm fairly sure I've just been insulted, but I'm not sure. Please elaborate, it's okay I'm a big boy I can take it.:)

Hehe... I know. I try to hook you up, and you dis me!:D

Thanks for not pressuring me. :o:p

p.s. I have 6 live YoR tracks on CD, so shush!! :mad:

I get what mcrickson says, you instinctually link music to a lot of different times in your lives. Esp if you're feeling on the verge of something...hopefully good ;) YoR seems to have its highs and lows & an energy of its own even if you think it is medicore. The man could sing me the phonebook and I'd buy it. :guitar:

I get what mcrickson says, you instinctually link music to a lot of different times in your lives. Esp if you're feeling on the verge of something...hopefully good ;) YoR seems to have its highs and lows & an energy of its own even if you think it is medicore. The man could sing me the phonebook and I'd buy it. :guitar:

Especially if he sang your name and number. Then you could be "A SOMEBODY" and Morrissey could be the one to tell you. :sweet: Now if only you could get him to show you your special purpose, then you'd be on to something. :)

I'm curious as to why any fan would abstain from downloading Morrissey's newest album?

Well there's a couple of reasons for me:

1. I'm quite old and still dont own an MP3 player - I still don't see a download as a proper album. I want to get the CD (or vinyl!) in my hands complete with artwork etc.

2. In the early days of Napster I was working at a design agency where we used to regularly download music for free. I was broke back then and saw no harm in stealing music. Now I'm doing ok and feel a bit guilty about my old ways. So I buy my music these days - I can wait! It's bloody frustrating tho' believe me!!!

It's not guilt issue.
I'd like to listen to a proper album.
The quality of the sound is slightly different.
I use a laptop which sound quality isn't the same as officially manufactured CDs.

You've got a point, but for me the difference isn't very big and worth $20. I'll probably end up buying it if it's released as a vinyl though.

ahah, yeah, i bet the tracks would be like:

1. The world if full of phone numbers
2. The more you ignore me the more I call you

:p

Well there's a couple of reasons for me:

1. I'm quite old and still dont own an MP3 player - I still don't see a download as a proper album. I want to get the CD (or vinyl!) in my hands complete with artwork etc.

2. In the early days of Napster I was working at a design agency where we used to regularly download music for free. I was broke back then and saw no harm in stealing music. Now I'm doing ok and feel a bit guilty about my old ways. So I buy my music these days - I can wait! It's bloody frustrating tho' believe me!!!

But if you're going to buy it, what difference does it make? Plus, I'm sure you have a CD player in your car, home, computer, etc.

Come on, all the cool people are doing it!:D

Especially if he sang your name and number. Then you could be "A SOMEBODY" and Morrissey could be the one to tell you. :sweet: Now if only you could get him to show you your special purpose, then you'd be on to something. :)

HA HA! Love ya CG! Hey, I thought I already was somebody... a 'regular fan' :p

ahah, yeah, i bet the tracks would be like:

1. The world if full of phone numbers
2. The more you ignore me the more I call you

:p

lol :D I sense a new thread. :cool:

Moz can reach me at 773-202-LUNA

I personify the reason people shouldn't download illegally. I downloaded it, basically loathe it and won't be spending my hard earned money on it.

Although I have downloaded the albumn, I intend to buy both Standard and Limited Edition of this album, even though I'm not thrilled with it. I will admit, it is the first time I have illegaly downloaded an album, I was very curious like some of you here to hear the new material, I still maintain, the last two singles should have left out, I'm certain there are other B-sides they could have included but oh, well, LOL.

As for imported singles prices, the best thing to do is get someone from the UK mail them to you, providing you pay for the stuff, or in my case, I've had several UK pals send them to me for free but not always, LOL.

But I know what you mean, its a bit too much to have to pay almost $15 for a 2CD set single.

Any idea if Universal USA will release the singles yet, anyone?

I haven't downloaded it. I have already paid for it, twice, via the iTunes presale for one of the shows and from recordstore.uk.

Maybe it's partly because I already know half the songs. I remember the intense excitement of buying an eagerly-anticipated new album. I remember going straight from school on a Tuesday to buy a new CD I'd been waiting for. I remember sitting in the back row of seats on a city bus, peeling the cellophane off my fresh new cassette copy of Strangeways, sliding it into my Walkman, pressing play, and waiting those tantalizing extra few seconds until the first song began. I miss that kind of excitement. So many things in adult life are disappointing. So maybe I am trying to reclaim some of that Christmas Eve excitement, any way I can.

Because they have some bizarre theory about magic CD's that contain the real music.

I remember sitting in the back row of seats on a city bus, peeling the cellophane off my fresh new cassette copy of Strangeways, sliding it into my Walkman, pressing play, and waiting those tantalizing extra few seconds until the first song began. I miss that kind of excitement. So many things in adult life are disappointing. So maybe I am trying to reclaim some of that Christmas Eve excitement, any way I can.
I downloaded the record, put it on my iPod the second it was unzipped, got into bed with my headphones on and listened to it all the way through. It's the same sort of feeling.

Also somebody earlier cited sound quality as a reason for not downloading the record illegally. This is a misconception. This is only a "pirated" version in that it has been released prematurely. The mp3 record I am listening to and the CD version you will be listening to in February are exactly the same.

Also somebody earlier cited sound quality as a reason for not downloading the record illegally. This is a misconception. This is only a "pirated" version in that it has been released prematurely. The mp3 record I am listening to and the CD version you will be listening to in February are exactly the same.

Not exactly. The MP3s were created from a CD, but there's some loss of quality in the conversion process--even if you have 320kpbs MP3s. But close enough.

True, true. I just mean that the problem lies not with the pirating itself but with the format which is the same whether you download it or buy the disc and then burn it.

True, true. I just mean that the problem lies not with the pirating itself but with the format which is the same whether you download it or buy the disc and then burn it.

Ok, I see what you mean.

I don't think I have more than a couple pirated songs in my entire collection. I don't know why; of course I'd have a much, much broader musical knowledge if I grabbed whatever I wanted from wherever I wanted. I guess I like looking at my wall of CDs and knowing that the RIAA can't bust me for having anything pirated, I guess.

Now live bootlegs, on the other hand... :o

Tags
dave's behind 7 proxies tinfoil hat
Back
Top Bottom