Why Haven't You Downloaded YOR?

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
I'm curious as to why any fan would abstain from downloading Morrissey's newest album? As best as I can tell, the arguments boil down to: "I'm saving myself for the street date, or it's somehow stealing from Morrissey." Both just seem screwed up to me. As mediocre as I find the album to be, I'll buy it when it comes out. I'm a completest, I want every album. As for this idea of stealing from Morrissey, what do you call charging $11.99 a piece for an import CD single of "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" for the title track and one b-side. That's highway robbery.

Anyway, I want to hear from all you morally superior Years of Refusal virgins.

I'd rather buy a CD and listen to the album.

Also I'm not a computer savvy, don't bother download it.

I have a promise ring to remind me of my pledge not to lose my YoR virginity until it's officially released.

4110F2R28ZL._AA280_.jpg

I'd rather buy a CD and listen to the album.

Also I'm not computer savvy, don't bother download it.

So, you're "not computer savvy" but you moderate an online forum? WTF?:confused:

I have a promise ring to remind me of my pledge not to lose my YoR virginity until it's officially released.

4110F2R28ZL._AA280_.jpg

I know that's exactly what it reminds me of. I find the mindset truly disturbing. Do these people think they have a special relationship with Morrissey? Do they think he knows they exist?

I know that's exactly what it reminds me of. I find the mindset truly disturbing. Do these people think they have a special relationship with Morrissey? Do they think he knows they exist?

"These people"? You mean me? I just have no interest in pre-release pirated copies. I've never downloaded anything that people here have PMed me before the release date.

Luckily vBulliten software is designed for someone like me. :p

You know Kewpie. Somehow I think if you applied yourself, I truly believe you could save a file to your PC...

"These people"? You mean me? I just have no interest in pre-release pirated copies. I've never downloaded anything that people here have PMed me before the release date.

Yeah, you too biiatch!:):):):)

Explain yourself!:D

See, the thing is, I'm doing very well right now (thank you, drop dead :D). But in all honesty, I've had this eerie feeling recently that something bad is going to happen in my life very soon, so I'm waiting til whatever that is to happen so I can have YoR to fall back on. Yes, it may seem a little strange. But that's because it is! :)

I know I've given my reasons in other threads, but basically...

This.

And Vaux, you're the one linking me to stuff :rolleyes: ;)

Hehe... I know. I try to hook you up, and you dis me!:D

I really don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to download the album, especially these hardcore fans. They'd end up buying it anyhow. And these people, myself included, probably spend a couple hundred dollars for concert tickets, following him around everywhere, so I don't know why they'd feel guilty or anything.

See, the thing is, I'm doing very well right now (thank you, drop dead :D). But in all honesty, I've had this eerie feeling recently that something bad is going to happen in my life very soon, so I'm waiting til whatever that is to happen so I can have YoR to fall back on. Yes, it may seem a little strange. But that's because it is! :)

Did you ever consider that YOR might be "the something bad" about to happen?:)

I really don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to download the album, especially these hardcore fans. They'd end up buying it anyhow. And these people, myself included, probably spend a couple hundred dollars for concert tickets, following him around everywhere, so I don't know why they'd feel guilty or anything.

I know! By the time February comes the only thing left to talk about will be the linear notes and b-sides.:)

It's not guilt issue.
I'd like to listen to a proper album.
The quality of the sound is slightly different.
I use a laptop which sound quality isn't the same as officially manufactured CDs.

that's my thesis..!

You sir, are a complete throbber.

Tags
dave's behind 7 proxies tinfoil hat
Back
Top Bottom