Why the hell are any of us still here?

Skylarker

People come second, or possibly third.
Just curious. Why do we who still post here still post here?

As for me I still love Morrissey as much as I did when I discovered him 30 years ago. I still enjoy engaging in lighthearted and/or serious discussion about his career -past and present- with likeminded folk. And I still enjoy sharing compilations and downloading cool shit that is shared by the actual fans among us.

I don't get much out of trolling or being trolled anymore...nowhere near as much fun as it used to be plus almost everyone else here sucks at it now. When the best character is Brummie Boy, and then you scroll through the archives at the ones who went before, you realize this is like Joe DeRita-era 3 Stooges...

Sad.

Anyway what about the rest of you...why do you come here and why do you hang around?

Just curious. Why do we who still post here still post here?

As for me I still love Morrissey as much as I did when I discovered him 30 years ago. I still enjoy engaging in lighthearted and/or serious discussion about his career -past and present- with likeminded folk. And I still enjoy sharing compilations and downloading cool shit that is shared by the actual fans among us.

I don't get much out of trolling or being trolled anymore...nowhere near as much fun as it used to be plus almost everyone else here sucks at it now. When the best character is Brummie Boy, and then you scroll through the archives at the ones who went before, you realize this is like Joe DeRita-era 3 Stooges...

Sad.

Anyway what about the rest of you...why do you come here and why do you hang around?
I hope to reach Morrissey, and make some friends along the way.

I tell you specific, relatively small forums like this are one of the few throwbacks to the greatness of ''old'' internet. Have you seen twitter or reddit? This place can be pretty salty, but endearingly so. Places like reddit and twitter are f***ed and almost always echo-chambers.

I love how a thread about the main forum was moved to a sub-forum.

The hell with this "place."

If you have a ghost fetish, though, have at it.

I tell you specific, relatively small forums like this are one of the few throwbacks to the greatness of ''old'' internet. Have you seen twitter or reddit? This place can be pretty salty, but endearingly so. Places like reddit and twitter are f***ed and almost always echo-chambers.

I think that depends on where you go on Reddit. My street wear sub has like a million members and it’s pretty chill. So is the succession sub

I think that depends on where you go on Reddit. My street wear sub has like a million members and it’s pretty chill. So is the succession sub
I'm glad you can get something out of it. I've been a part of some smaller groups in the past which had better but still mixed results. I found myself several times asking perfectly reasonable questions and getting down-voted for it, the mods tend to lean power-hungry, and very few people have a sense of humor.

Well to put it plainly, my fans
(haters here) love me! don’t be jealous! There’s a great demand for my posts. It’s difficult sometime because I’m so so so so so so so so so busy, but I put my time in here whenever I can, you’re welcome. Plus I’m trying to raise my post count, I believe it will help me when I reach the gates of Hell.

Btw, who’s Morrissey?

VIVA VERONICA !!!

:p

Well to put it plainly, my fans
(haters here) love me! don’t be jealous! There’s a great demand for my posts. It’s difficult sometime because I’m so so so so so so so so so busy, but I put my time in here whenever I can, you’re welcome. Plus I’m trying to raise my post count, I believe it will help me when I reach the gates of Hell.

Btw, who’s Morrissey?

VIVA VERONICA !!!

:p
Exactly. I'm here for you, Nerak and a few others. Also, Uncle Skinny's posts always make me laugh.

Ketamine Sun, you wear your Morrissey fan medals loudly, but then why are you so petty?

Back on ignore then, Ketamine. You've posted some interesting things at times, but then you turn around and laugh at my hope.

I'm glad you can get something out of it. I've been a part of some smaller groups in the past which had better but still mixed results. I found myself several times asking perfectly reasonable questions and getting down-voted for it, the mods tend to lean power-hungry, and very few people have a sense of humor.

It’s been fun and more importantly really informative at times. Here’s an example of what I mean though. Thousand plus comments since Sunday and it’s nothing but reasonable comments about the show

Well, @Born to Harangue , you don't wear loud fan badges except as a rifke fan. Your rating my post as funny doesn't seem hypocritical. It's to be expected of you. No shock there.

Well, when you've been hanging out at the same place for over twenty years, it's hard to find another place where you feel at home.

Some of the insults aimed at Skinny are very funny.

Back
Top Bottom