Will Mozza ever get outstaning contribution to music award

Re:

Only few songs Morrissey has been credited as piano which happened more than 25 years ago.

Mike? It's mic, an abbreviation of microphone.

I really don't like people like you who blindly worship him.

I'm going to bed now.

YOU'RE giving spelling lessons! :lbf:

Re:

Morrissey has a Colonel Parker somewhere in his circle. Have you seen his merch table lately? His punk idols would sooner have tea with the queen than offer seventeen different versions of their face on a shirt to the slobbering fans. I suspect there's a number cruncher telling him to do that.

He doesn't need a Colonel Parker figure to sell 20 different Tshirts at live shows.
He knows these things will bring money.

Re:

Morrissey has a Colonel Parker somewhere in his circle. Have you seen his merch table lately? :straightface: His punk idols would sooner have tea with the queen than offer seventeen different versions of their face on a shirt to the slobbering fans. I suspect there's a number cruncher telling him to do that.

And I suspect you’re pissed cause you haven’t touched him yet.

- - - Updated - - -

He doesn't need a Colonel Parker figure to sell 20 different Tshirts at live shows.

AND, the shows are already selling out, what does that tell you!?

Re:

That's my point, Kewpie. Colonal Parker turned Elvis into a cash cow when all he wanted to do was sing. He took him further and further away from the the root of music and morphed him into a bizarre version of himself focused on money and ratings. I suspect someone is doing that to Moz, I wish I could pluck him out of that and take him to an honest place where he could just sing.

Re:

And I suspect you’re pissed cause you haven’t touched him yet.

- - - Updated - - -

AND, the shows are already selling out, what does that tell you!?

Somebody's gotta soothe the ZOMBIE apocalyse. Might as well be MOZBIE.

zombies.jpg

Re:

That's my point, Kewpie. Colonal Parker turned Elvis into a cash cow when all he wanted to do was sing. He took him further and further away from the the root of music and morphed him into a bizarre version of himself focused on money and ratings. I suspect someone is doing that to Moz, I wish I could pluck him out of that and take him to an honest place where he could just sing.

You can hardly compare Morrissey to Elvis when it comes to being a "cash cow". Morrissey or his "Coloner Parker" dosent even come close to promoting himself that way. Not even in the same financial ballpark.

- - - Updated - - -

Somebody's gotta soothe the ZOMBIE apocalyse. Might as well be MOZBIE.

zombies.jpg

I'm the tattooed one in the front! :guitar:

Re:

You can hardly compare Morrissey to Elvis when it comes to being a "cash cow". Morrissey or his "Coloner Parker" dosent even come close to promoting himself that way. Not even in the same financial ballpark.

The amount of money is irrelevant. It's the relationship I suspect exists, he takes counsel from somewhere that compromises his artistic vision and outlook. I could be wrong. I doubt Cilla Black would sell mini boxing glove key chains with her name on it in the foyer. It's just cheap shit made in factories in China.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm the tattooed one in the front! :guitar:

No, you're on the floor and one of the zombies is eating your brains and you're using all you have left to post on solo.

Re:

The amount of money is irrelevant. It's the relationship I suspect exists, he takes counsel from somewhere that compromises his artistic vision and outlook. I could be wrong. I doubt Cilla Black would sell mini boxing glove key chains with her name on it in the foyer. It's just cheap shit made in factories in China.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you're on the floor and one of the zombies is eating your brains and you're using all you have left to post on solo.
Actually, I’m the one on stage hugging Morrissey and you’re the one in the audience looking on with envy because you’re too fat to get on the stage.

Re:

Playcat2000 and CrystalGeezer, please go to the pigsty.

Be respectful to smithsman and refrain from posting if you are not on topic in this thread.

Re:

To me he deserves to be recognised for over 30 years of contribution to the music industry as both Band member and solo artist.
I also believe he has a big fan base in the UK as the music papers will make any reason to honour the Smiths/Morrissey so they can sell their publications.
They have honoured the queen is dead album and now the smiths album and lets not forget the special editions they do. They see the fans as a cash cow.
No other band gets their albums honoured this way but still no recognition for Morrissey or even Johnny Marr.
I believe it is down to his views on the royals and animal rights that stops him getting honoured, if this is the case it is not fair as it is a music award.
Love Morrissey or hate him he is an icon to a massive fan base worldwide and spanning different generations.

P.S I am loving the banter from this post.

Re:

To me he deserves to be recognised for over 30 years of contribution to the music industry as both Band member and solo artist.
I also believe he has a big fan base in the UK as the music papers will make any reason to honour the Smiths/Morrissey so they can sell their publications.
They have honoured the queen is dead album and now the smiths album and lets not forget the special editions they do. They see the fans as a cash cow.
No other band gets their albums honoured this way but still no recognition for Morrissey or even Johnny Marr.
I believe it is down to his views on the royals and animal rights that stops him getting honoured, if this is the case it is not fair as it is a music award.
Love Morrissey or hate him he is an icon to a massive fan base worldwide and spanning different generations.

P.S I am loving the banter from this post.

Yes, getting awards is one forms of recognition, but the hardest part is to stay in the game.

Their music keeps getting new fans because it has timeless quality.
It is better than getting life time achievement award.

Not many people remember who won which awards anyway.

It's not only his views on the Royals and animal rights, but also his personality and attitude put off these people I suppose.
He is notorious for being stubborn and misanthropic.

Re:

It is impossible to achieve it without other people's help.

He has some ideas for vocal melody, however, too lazy to learn to compose music and play instruments.

I really hate to join in the general Kewpie abuse here, but that is utterly moronic

Back
Top Bottom