will NYC happen?

All the projects I'm working on will keep going until the government brings in a ban (probably next week, the way it's looking), apart from one show which we've already pushed back (because the lead actor was sending us minute by minute virus updates).

All the projects I'm working on will keep going until the government brings in a ban (probably next week, the way it's looking), apart from one show which we've already pushed back (because the lead actor was sending us minute by minute virus updates).

Get yourself designated, "mission essential" and next to nothing stops you!

Do you know how many hoops one has to go through to collect on most of those insurance offers? They are condition heavy and designed to provide a false-sense of security.
I hear ya, but It's a gov't ban and not some sketchy life insurance plot

You mean theatre ISN'T already 'mission essential', how can this be? :drama:

haha - I was going to ask if you were in the "industry" or a professional by the sound of your earlier statement.

So how does it work usually - does the venue exert greater control over a promoter/performer with respect to cancellation, or is it vice-versa?

haha - I was going to ask if you were in the "industry" or a professional by the sound of your earlier statement.

So how does it work usually - does the venue exert greater control over a promoter/performer with respect to cancellation, or is it vice-versa?

It's the venue - but they almost never would - so in practice it's usually the promoter/performer who will cancel (& will be cursed three ways to the wind for it).

"Promoters and artists looking to protect their losses with insurance policies are somewhat out of luck. “Communicable disease coverage can be included, but by late January a separate and specific exclusion for coronavirus has been added to policies across the board,” says Cameron Smith, senior vice president for entertainment industry solutions at insurance provider HUB International. “So, if a festival or event purchased their cancellation coverage prior to that time, they may have limited coverage, but absolutely no one is covering coronavirus on newly bound policies.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...sic-concerts-coronavirus-risks-losses-965482/

"Promoters and artists looking to protect their losses with insurance policies are somewhat out of luck. “Communicable disease coverage can be included, but by late January a separate and specific exclusion for coronavirus has been added to policies across the board,” says Cameron Smith, senior vice president for entertainment industry solutions at insurance provider HUB International. “So, if a festival or event purchased their cancellation coverage prior to that time, they may have limited coverage, but absolutely no one is covering coronavirus on newly bound policies.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...sic-concerts-coronavirus-risks-losses-965482/

This is a very complicated situation.

Considering Broadway has gone dark, I would be surprised if his shows aren’t cancelled.

Unlikely....Unfortunately. Maybe I can sign up for a Private concert out of my garage. Think that The Moz charges a lot? LOL

Apollo Canceled According to Website

1584112095997.png

Back
Top Bottom