Will we see vinyl re-issues of YATQ & ROTT?

snoddywilko

Just wondering if anybody knows why both You Are The Quarry & Ringleaders Of The Tormentors haven’t been re-issued on vinyl?

Also, will we ever see his full back catalogue re-issued, including the live albums? I know certain albums were re-issued with extra unreleased tracks, sometimes with alternate versions replacing the originals, & in different sleeves, but it would be really nice to be able to buy Southpaw, for example, on vinyl with its original sleeve & tracklisting intact, without having to submit myself to weeks of medical testing to raise the funds. I bought it upon release, with the booklet featuring silly photos of Moz posing, trying to look tough with fake scars & bruises (surely his worst ever ‘look’), but returned it, swapping it for god knows what, as I didn’t like it.I thought Moz needed to step out of the corner with something to say & get a new band. Though I’m quite fond of the album now.

I’d even buy Maladjusted (for the first time) with Roy’s Keen in its rightful place. I don’t know why people dislike it so much; it’s classic silly Moz pop, a song only he (& George Formby) would write, & is a lot more memorable than some of the albums more forgettable tracks like, um......

Just wondering if anybody knows why both You Are The Quarry & Ringleaders Of The Tormentors haven’t been re-issued on vinyl?

Also, will we ever see his full back catalogue re-issued, including the live albums? I know certain albums were re-issued with extra unreleased tracks, sometimes with alternate versions replacing the originals, & in different sleeves, but it would be really nice to be able to buy Southpaw, for example, on vinyl with its original sleeve & tracklisting intact, without having to submit myself to weeks of medical testing to raise the funds. I bought it upon release, with the booklet featuring silly photos of Moz posing, trying to look tough with fake scars & bruises (surely his worst ever ‘look’), but returned it, swapping it for god knows what, as I didn’t like it.I thought Moz needed to step out of the corner with something to say & get a new band. Though I’m quite fond of the album now.

I’d even buy Maladjusted (for the first time) with Roy’s Keen in its rightful place. I don’t know why people dislike it so much; it’s classic silly Moz pop, a song only he (& George Formby) would write, & is a lot more memorable than some of the albums more forgettable tracks like, um......
I'm the same,roys keen is a decent fun pop song.

The mastering on 'Ringleader' is terrible - it has the worst dynamic range of any Morrissey album (http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=Morrissey) , so fingers crossed a remaster across all formats will happen eventually. If someone could stop Morrissey from altering the tracklisting/artwork when it happens, that would be great. :thumb:

Given the frequency of reissues with earlier albums (Southpaw several times already), I can only think the 'issues' are wrapped up in red tape with Sanctuary/Attack - which both albums mentioned were released by. This might also explain why the Rhino reissues planned around the YATQ release (that gave us the 'reference' CDs) were shelved/cancelled too.
As for WPINOYB thereafter, well the 'official' reissue has never surfaced despite the online sightings - so don't hold your breath.
I'd agree Ringleader could do with a sonic spruce up too if it was to appear again.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
The mastering on 'Ringleader' is terrible - it has the worst dynamic range of any Morrissey album (http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=Morrissey) , so fingers crossed a remaster across all formats will happen eventually. If someone could stop Morrissey from altering the tracklisting/artwork when it happens, that would be great. :thumb:

Do you have any faith there will be a sonic improvement regarding Ringleader? Often times, remasters have less dynamic range than the original releases.

Back
Top Bottom