Win Mike Joyce's Queen Is Dead Platinum Disc

Raising money for the Back On Track charity

full

Excerpt:

A message from Mike:
"Hi folks, I’d like to invite you to be in with a chance of owning a unique piece of music memorabilia whilst also helping a charity I am involved with. I’ve been working with Back on Track for the last few years and I’m taking this opportunity to try and generate some much needed funding for the people they support in Manchester. Every penny that is raised from this venture will go towards the fantastic work that the charity does.

So here’s the story... I’ve been invited By Tim Burgess to play 'The Queen is Dead’ in its entirety at his now infamous Listening Parties and that was the catalyst to attempt to raise some money to coincide with the event.

The platinum disc was presented to me by Warner’s Music. It’s an extremely rare piece of music memorabilia and as such, it’s virtually impossible to quantify what it’s worth as this is the very first time such a unique item has ever been offered to the public, and it could be yours…for just £5!

I decided that it would be a better idea to have a raffle rather than an auction as it means that everyone who buys a ticket has a chance of owning it. Of course you can buy as many tickets as you wish and you just need to make a donation on this page. I can sign the disc to the winner and it will come with a signed letter of authenticity. Good Luck folks, and many thanks for helping."

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is exactly why he only deserved 10% of “The Smiths” profits. He’s nothing more than a session musican, and not real good one or else hed have a job. Morrissey is the Smiths and Marr . So sad he’ll do anything to squeeze the last beads of sweat of The Smiths

Mike wasn't crap, he just never had the professional drive that most muscians do -The Smiths made him enough money to live off and that was all he seemed to want. Andy's post-Smiths career has been the real tragedy. So many great basslines and then he settles out of court for a paltry amount, ends up bankrupt, scrapes by as an Internet DJ.

You think it's bad now? Wait until the resident racists show up later.
Or worse yet the pederasts and nazis who log in to a website every day about an artist they hate

Mike wasn't crap, he just never had the professional drive that most muscians do -The Smiths made him enough money to live off and that was all he seemed to want. Andy's post-Smiths career has been the real tragedy. So many great basslines and then he settles out of court for a paltry amount, ends up bankrupt, scrapes by as an Internet DJ.
well said .. such a dreadful musician would have worked with Buzzcocks, Sinead , The The , PIL, Julian Cope etc etc .. and of course if he was so bad then why did Moz continue to work with him after the smiths ? ..get lives people

Mike Joyce is a decent fella. Moz hates him so legions of fans feel the need to hate him too. He was brilliant on drums with The Smiths and he idolised Moz.
I am a Morrissey fan, but I don't fell the need to hate Mike Joyce or any other person Moz's had personal problems with.

Actually, I feel that donating such an important object to charity is a really nice move.

From my understanding, what Joyce did to Moz (and Marr) in the 90s and 00’s was dreadful, but in almost every other instance he seems to be a genuinely nice bloke. Rourke, as well.

From my understanding, what Joyce did to Moz (and Marr) in the 90s and 00’s was dreadful, but in almost every other instance he seems to be a genuinely nice bloke. Rourke, as well.
and your understanding would be based on information from ? ive met them all ..in their own way they are all very nice people. always good to remember there are two sides to every story

truly very sad ..
Don't give up on the site just yet. Yes, it is populated by some absolute scum, but the majority of regular posters are worthy of your time - engaging, interesting, funny and insightful. Simply put everyone else on ignore (save yourself some time and start with Uncleskinny - a tedious, loathsome, self-regarding bore who posts drivel on here countless times a day whilst claiming to not actually like Morrissey. The others to avoid will make themselves clear if you stay on the site for more than a few minutes.) Welcome to Solo!

ive been on this site for a day and its very clear that very few people understand how music works. The songwriters of a record sign their rights to a publisher who pays them usually an advance and then pays them as the money comes in for plays, etc etc .. the people who create the music sign the master records to a record label who pays them an advance and then continues to pay them for future sales. Only two people wrote the songs ..M & M BUT 4 people made the records. neither M nor M wrote bass or drum parts nor did they play them. now most bands understand this and share the master records equally .. for example U2, Blur , Coldplay etc etc .. all share the money from master records equally as they all made the record and in most cases toured it.. that was all the court case was about .. never about the publishing .. neither Andy nor Mike ever claimed to have written a note .. but as they played on the records they deserved to be paid in the same manner as M&M.. im now officially bored .. so for anyone claiming Andy or Mike stole anything maybe you should understand how music works first .. if you wrote a song but couldn't play a note so got a friend to play the music wold you not think it right to give them half of what you got for the music .. while you keep the publishing ..anyway there you go ..enjoy

ive been on this site for a day and its very clear that very few people understand how music works. The songwriters of a record sign their rights to a publisher who pays them usually an advance and then pays them as the money comes in for plays, etc etc .. the people who create the music sign the master records to a record label who pays them an advance and then continues to pay them for future sales. Only two people wrote the songs ..M & M BUT 4 people made the records. neither M nor M wrote bass or drum parts nor did they play them. now most bands understand this and share the master records equally .. for example U2, Blur , Coldplay etc etc .. all share the money from master records equally as they all made the record and in most cases toured it.. that was all the court case was about .. never about the publishing .. neither Andy nor Mike ever claimed to have written a note .. but as they played on the records they deserved to be paid in the same manner as M&M.. im now officially bored .. so for anyone claiming Andy or Mike stole anything maybe you should understand how music works first .. if you wrote a song but couldn't play a note so got a friend to play the music wold you not think it right to give them half of what you got for the music .. while you keep the publishing ..anyway there you go ..enjoy
[/QUOT oh and who do you think should get the money for Oscillate Wildly ?

OK, that was a 'look over there, not here'. So back to my original point, what misrepresentation was made in the original blurb that caused you to say he was 'pulling a fast one'? To help you, the dictionary definition is 'to gain an advantage by trickery'.

On a secondary point, in this particular instance, what is '...not his'?

the disc looks like he stole it and put his name on it, much like the smiths royalties.

the disc looks like he stole it and put his name on it, much like the smiths royalties.

i thought the same thing when i eyeballed it 🤒
he continues to live off Mozz the jobless twat.:rolleyes:
probably printed the suspicious item on a PC bought with money siphoned off Mozz:blushing:

Is that what your parents said when they bought you at the cattle mart?

🤒
you walk and dont run.:rolleyes:
WTF!! do your tight pantlooons 'crack':barf:
if you move too fast going over to 'surface' cul de sac:mad:
disgraceful behavior:poop:
grow up:mad:

Not all bands share performance royalties split equally, some do which is more harmonious. However, with the Smiths, the workload was not equal. The 40% that Morrissey and Marr got was worth it for the extra work they put in. That it was not captured in writing was the tragedy.

Morrissey conceived and worked on those exquisite records covers. Johnny arranged, produced and took on managerial duties. That was covered in that 40%. No one is saying Andy and Mike didn't work hard, but M and M did so much more than just show up and play their parts on the records and on stage.

Not all bands share performance royalties split equally, some do which is more harmonious. However, with the Smiths, the workload was not equal. The 40% that Morrissey and Marr got was worth it for the extra work they put in. That it was not captured in writing was the tragedy.

Morrissey conceived and worked on those exquisite records covers. Johnny arranged, produced and took on managerial duties. That was covered in that 40%. No one is saying Andy and Mike didn't work hard, but M and M did so much more than just show up and play their parts on the records and on stage.
i didnt say all bands do i said many do .. in the case of Blur almost all songs are written by damon and graham and yet they share .. so you believe that all that Andy and Mike did was only worthy of 10% ? as for producing they should have taken producer royalties ..like all other producers. but that would come off the top . likewise art.. you dont give away royalties for artwork design..

i didnt say all bands do i said many do .. in the case of Blur almost all songs are written by damon and graham and yet they share .. so you believe that all that Andy and Mike did was only worthy of 10% ? as for producing they should have taken producer royalties ..like all other producers. but that would come off the top . likewise art.. you dont give away royalties for artwork design..

New Order and James also share equally

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom