"World Peace Is None Of Your Business" - new album title

Jacqueline is really looking forward to hearing the new album, especially the lyrics. Thank Gawd for Father Morrissey, forever & ever. AMENx

If you didn't like his book, you simply are not a fan. National fron disco is crap? Hmm, I see...

So, you decide who is a fan and who is not… And National Front Disco is not a political song. Politics in that song is superficial, the message is far deeper. Try harder next time.

The book fabrication it's an act you stupid twat. Most of it isn't true. It's everything Morrissey isn't in someways.

I found the autobiography very honest and true. You found it horrible and you're defending it by saying that "book fabrication it's an act?". Really?... :thumb: Stay in this fansite, cursing everything he does and everyone who happens to like it.

The written word is different to what's sung though. Morrissey's greatest strength is probably expression rather than his writing. His words are great but he expresses his emotions in song probably better than anyone else. I like the book but if you're not an avid reader it could be a bit heavy.

It has nothing to do with being an avid reader. I'm a big reader and did not find the book 'heavy' in the slightest. It was enjoyable but totally lopsided and wrecked my head with the everlasting whining about the court case. Judge Weeks gets 60 pages while The Smiths scrapes by on 10 or 20 pages. Moz needed an editor to say: 'I love your style but this is not an autobiography. It is a rant. Please don't waste this opportunity to reward your fans with insights and 'new' news.' But of course this didn't happen. Same way Visconti produced that ridiculous in-studio recording session of the new tracks (as shown on Moz 25 blu ray which I bought) and said 'that sounded great' instead of telling the truth and saying 'what is wrong with you? Ditch that God forsaken useless band and get some decent songwriters and bring back Alain quick'. But that won't happen because the sychophantic slags are too busy being real 'fans'. I hope to be proven wrong with the new album and welcome that day with open ears.

I found the autobiography very honest and true. You found it horrible and you're defending it by saying that "book fabrication it's an act?". Really?... :thumb: Stay in this fansite, cursing everything he does and everyone who happens to like it.

Do you know him personally orestes?

I recently finished reading the book and now I'm listening to the audio CDs (all library check-outs of course.) It's definitely powerful and heavyweight; a real winner. I love how just when you think Moz is done telling the court case saga, he tells it some more. The "web of sorrow." Moz keeps giving; that's what I love about him. He could never have received a fair trial from a judge appointed by Thatcher. If his lawyers didn't tell him that, then shame on them (shame is the name.)

Did you miss the part of the book where Alain tells Moz he knows who's planning his downfall, but it was not him?

It has nothing to do with being an avid reader. I'm a big reader and did not find the book 'heavy' in the slightest. It was enjoyable but totally lopsided and wrecked my head with the everlasting whining about the court case. Judge Weeks gets 60 pages while The Smiths scrapes by on 10 or 20 pages. Moz needed an editor to say: 'I love your style but this is not an autobiography. It is a rant. Please don't waste this opportunity to reward your fans with insights and 'new' news.' But of course this didn't happen. Same way Visconti produced that ridiculous in-studio recording session of the new tracks (as shown on Moz 25 blu ray which I bought) and said 'that sounded great' instead of telling the truth and saying 'what is wrong with you? Ditch that God forsaken useless band and get some decent songwriters and bring back Alain quick'. But that won't happen because the sychophantic slags are too busy being real 'fans'. I hope to be proven wrong with the new album and welcome that day with open ears.

Morrissey could call his new album 'I Done a Big Ploppy Poop in My Pants' for all I care. All that matters is the quality of the songs - the album title is irrelevant.

I have to thank posters like you because I feel I was saved the money and disappointment of purchasing a book in which he spent so much time talking about the court case, and as you said very little "insights" or "new news". I am really only interested in his music, lyrics and singing, and now on the borderline of even that. Ever since Quarry the music has been slipping. A few good tracks on Tormentors, but it was the first Morrissey album I was sorry I bought, and I haven't purchased anything since. I hold onto the hope that he will again value the worth of a good tune, and unless Alain returns or someone without a tin ear I doubt that will happen.

I am roughly his age and I can think back to when I was young and what it is to be "Dear God Please Help Me" "middle aged" now. There is a certain "softness" that comes with age. Not just in the mid-section, but things are not as immediate as when I was younger, nor as important. Introspection and angst replaced by complacency and acceptance. I hear this in his music and lyrics as the years drag on. "Explosive kegs between my legs" an early indication of this. The 80s and 90s Morrissey was brash, energetic, magnetic, electric, and for me...now...simply entertaining. It is rare to find pop stars lasting past their 30s and even rarer for them to continue to produce current, popular music. As one long-time fan, I wish he would.

I don't think the title is bad at all, actually I am growing to quite like it

what I don't like is that it paves the way for 'People Are The Same Everywhere' to be lead single :sick:

songs were first aired in 2011 surely hes got more in his locker !?!

Art-Hounds & Action should be on the album, everything else isn't going to get any better so B-side status

Scandinavia, Istanbul etc don't fill me with much hope

Morrissey could call his new album 'I Done a Big Ploppy Poop in My Pants' for all I care. All that matters is the quality of the songs - the album title is irrelevant.

Yes with songs like

Peoples ploppy poop is the same everywhere
Farthounds
Scandacrapia
Tomato penne pasta bum gravy

Sounds a load of poop

Re: "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" - new album title

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm. How are they more precise than the rest of the species?

No no, we are just more literal-minded. It comes from a widespread discouragement of imagination, and most of all a dislike of communicative ambiguity, which is considered somehow unfair.

I don't think the title is bad at all, actually I am growing to quite like it
what I don't like is that it paves the way for 'People Are The Same Everywhere' to be lead single :sick:
songs were first aired in 2011 surely hes got more in his locker !?!
Art-Hounds & Action should be on the album, everything else isn't going to get any better so B-side status
Scandinavia, Istanbul etc don't fill me with much hope

Of course there are more songs - it will be a 12 song album, and both Steve and Jesse have said there are two albums' worth stashed away.
If People Are The Same is lead single it will (at a stroke) puncture any optimism that any of us has managed to muster up.

Re: "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" - new album title

- - - Updated - - -

No no, we are just more literal-minded. It comes from a widespread discouragement of imagination, and most of all a dislike of communicative ambiguity, which is considered somehow unfair.
yeah, right on brother :thumb:
anyways, the title is too long :straightface:
still, looking forward to the album and hoping its all new tracks :guitar:

He could never have received a fair trial from a judge appointed by Thatcher. If his lawyers didn't tell him that, then shame on them (shame is the name.)

Did you miss the part of the book where Alain tells Moz he knows who's planning his downfall, but it was not him?

Is the suggestion here that the British government were (perhaps still are) trying to destroy Morrissey's career?

Alain Whyte was actually a deep cover secret agent placed in the band by the Conservative government in 1991. When his role was uncovered, he was forced to leave the band.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom