"World Peace Is None Of Your Business" - new album title

Is the suggestion here that the British government were (perhaps still are) trying to destroy Morrissey's career?

That would be the only conceivable reason for The Youngest Was The Most Loved not entering the charts at #1...:lbf:

That would be the only conceivable reason for The Youngest Was The Most Loved not entering the charts at #1...:lbf:

Particularly as it is Harriet Harman's favourite Morrissey track. :(

Well, that and Sweetie P.I.E.

Morrissey may be 'beyond ecstatic' with the new album.
However, if People Are The Same Everywhere is the lead single (or even on the album at all) anyone who knows the song will be 'beyond suicidal'.

I suppose it depends on how it is meant.

As a statement of pure fact it is pretty accurate. If factions wish to kill each other in Bangui or Homs, I can't honestly say I care very much. Nor can I, or a million placard wielding do-gooders, do a damn thing about it.

As he likely means it, a Rustle Brained sixth-form political statement, it is a bit... well... rubbish. If he, like Brand, is serious in his sudden conversion to revolutionary politics (from his infinity pool overlooking Los Angeles) he can hardly continue this line of "I don't need to defend my own point of view." as he astonishingly claimed in his recent Q&A. Yes, he does. He absolutely does.

He is a public figure who uses his fame to promote his unusual (and somewhat recent) political beliefs, which appear at times to be best described as Anarcho-UKIP. Unless he is able to expound on those opinions in a lucid manner he'll fall into the same simple and embarrassingly obvious trap Brand did in his recent Paxman interview, and many will suspect that like Jeremy Clarkson, for example, he holds contrary and controversial viewpoints because it puts cash in his pocket.

When he keeps to his own little world and coterie of yes men and salt wranglers, then fine, but step out into the real world and he'll need some real answers. It is time he put himself up in front of an Andrew Neil or Jeremy Paxman, so we can see and hear the breadth of his conviction.

Bets can also start to be taken on whether the cover will feature an up to date photograph. He seems to have decided that ten year old shots do him more justice, and that the only time modern Morrissey will be seen is like the Phantom of the Opera before him, emerging briefly from the shadows, stage left.

My only real hope for the album is that it is Quarry style good, and that post-Savile he decides that this time around the cover will not feature him grabbing a baby by the balls.

He would annihilate Paxman et al.

I've been thinking about your comment a bit more. He does indeed do this. On stage, he says things between songs, then turns around and nods his head to the drummer to begin another song and then he moves across the stage to do something different and says different things in the lyrics of the next song. It's very, very exciting to watch. It's an exciting album title.

I am excited for a new album.

Play cat you are a real trooper here with brummie. Someone said solo is supposed to be fun and make you crack up. This post made me fall out of the chair. It's like I could hear a narrator read in a deadpan voice these subtle witty comments in my head. Play you had a valid comment and brummie just made it fun, for you and me.

Dear Mr. Humasexual,

We can haz official track listing now pls?

I am excited for a new album.

Play cat you are a real trooper here with brummie. Someone said solo is supposed to be fun and make you crack up. This post made me fall out of the chair. It's like I could hear a narrator read in a deadpan voice these subtle witty comments in my head. Play you had a valid comment and brummie just made it fun, for you and me.

Yeah, he's a funny guy.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom