Worst Music Video Ever?

I love the November video, it's incredibly beautiful. I wish I could go to that desert and take the rock. I wasn't fond of the Oujja Board video, it just didn't work out well.:confused:

Totally agree NSAM video is superb. I didn't get it the first time I saw it but it's well shot and provocative. A wonderful piece of film. 'Ouija Board' is a crap song, and crap video as far as i'm concerned.

Other non-favourite? 'Girlfriend In A Coma' aside from not liking the song much a vid had to be cobbled together because of the split.

The best “video” however was Vic N Bob in Catterick when the killer bloke is singing the words to Satan Rejected My Soul.[/QUOTE said:
Yeah, fantastic. Funny show too.

Have you seen an outake (think it might be from 'Catterick') where Matt Lucas says the words to 'Please Please Please...' in character. They abandoned it in the end I think because everybody was pissing themselves.:)

Other non-favourite? 'Girlfriend In A Coma' aside from not liking the song much a vid had to be cobbled together because of the split.
It's still better than that piece of garbage that How Soon Is Now? video is, the band didn't even have anything to do with its making.

This was the video proposal I submitted for First of the Gang... Obviously it never got made, but I think it would've turned out quite well, if I do say so myself.

-----

“The First of the Gang to Die”
Video Proposal
by King Leer (name changed to protect the not so innocent)

Copyright (c) 2004 xxxxxx xxxxx

A small, dusty border town, late afternoon. Main street, in front of a club with a very long queue out front. The camera tracks along the line of people. They are from all walks; white, Mexican, black, goths, middle-aged couples, teenagers, rockabilly types, etc. A neon sign above the entrance flickers: “MORRISSEY”.

Dissolve: inside the club. It’s jam-packed with people, crammed up against the stage. The lights are low, dark blue. Boz Boorer, Alain Whyte, Gary Day, Dean Butterworth, and Mike Farrell are already onstage. The crowd chants “Morrissey! Morrissey! Morrissey!”. The first chords of the song sound, as bright light illuminates the stage and Morrissey strides out to manic cheering. He begins to sing the song.

On the streets of the town, Morrissey walks down the center of the road toward the camera, holding a single long-stemmed rose. He sings the lyrics in sync to the live performance as we cut back and forth. As Morrissey walks down the street, various people shake his hand, pat him on the back, kiss him on the cheek...

The third element of the video involves the ghostly image of a young Hispanic man with an angelic face, wearing a white undershirt, jeans, and greased-back hair. His ghostly image appears in various scenes around the town, but nobody can see him: next to a group of tough teenaged boys; sitting on a porch next to an elderly lady in a rocking chair; behind the wheel of a parked muscle car; at a movie theatre next to a beautiful girl; in a photograph on the wall under a picture of Jesus. This is all intercut with the performance and Morrissey’s stroll. At one point the ghost tries to touch Morrissey, but his hand passes right through him. Morrissey feels his presence and nods in acknowledgment.

Back in the club, people clamor to get on stage as the song comes to an end. Morrissey waves and walks off as the band play the final bars of the song.

Backstage. Morrissey grabs the rose and opens the venue’s rear exit to blinding white light...

Slow motion: Morrissey places the flower at the humble grave of “Hector”.

END

I know it seems strange but I would have to say that I happen to like the Every Day is Like Sunday video. One of the newer ones I also like, and I play it over and over, is TYWTML video. I know it's just of Morrissey being taken to a car in handcuffs (nothing wrong with Morrissey in handcuffs if you ask me!) but the facial expressions he gives and the little grin he gets on his face makes me melt every single time. I would have to agree on the FOTGTD video, not the best made.

Sunny is just odd, it doesn't fit the song in any way.

What music video do you absolutly despise, or think is just plain strange? I'm talking of course of The Smiths and Moz.
I just looked up Ouija Board and OMG! Little kids dancing around with some crazy old lady? I couldn't even watch the whole thing, I was quite embarrassed:o My second runner-up would have to be November Spawned a monster. Moz dancing around with a see through shirt, band aids on his nipples and basically humping a rock? As much as I would like to be the rock in this case, I really can't bring myself to watch this video!
Ok, now lets hear it from the rest of ya's!

You Moron, November is one of his best videos ever?!!!!!

We all know Moz’s video appearances aren’t exactly Ultravox, Duran Duran or Queen in the 80s but some of them are completely atrocious. After seeing the video montage of influences on the final leg of ROTT tour, I think he could do SO MUCH BETTER!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Irish Blood- all those misfit LA kids… pith off! Sorry no offence but they look like complete tossers. And as a powerful song the video does it a total disservice in my opinion.

2) FOTGTD- Cobbled together shite. Exclusive backstage footage?!? Again the song could have had such a more imaginative video but there we go!

3) Sunny- What? On earth?

4) Our Frank- featuring the misunderstood sub-culture of skinheads in London, why not make a new video concerning alleged Muslim extremists making non-alcoholic fruit drink cocktails but then the police break the door down and accuse them of making Molotov cocktails and then proceed to kick them and shoot them etc. Closing shot of Bin Laden but as he removes his false beard it’s actually a Mike Joyce look-a-like in disguise!
As a Brazilian Pele could make a guest appearance, though knowing Moz he would go for Garrincha, the little bird. (Ganglord.)

6) My Love Life- Yawn. It may be very well be the red light strip in Phoenix or wherever but yawn, yawn, yawn. And yawn again.

7) Pregnant For The last Time- lets prance around Berlin, “I AM HAPPY I HAVE NEW FRIENDS.” Oh heres a Jobriath record. A nation turns its back and gags (well the fifty-four people watching the Chart Show anyway!)

8) Fatty- Perfunctory video for a perfunctory song.

The other videos serve a purpose my Top 10 being in no particular order.

Interesting Drug
Alma Matters
November Spawned A Monster
Last Of The Famous…
Suedehead
Sing Your Life
You Have Killed Me
Tomorrow
We Hate It When Our Ice Cream Gets Licked By Spencer
Glamorous Glue (NICE SHIRT MOZ!!!! Bring back the lamè!)

That just about covers most of them then!!!

The best “video” however was Vic N Bob in Catterick when the killer bloke is singing the words to Satan Rejected My Soul.

Wow you have just listed all my favourite videos bar Sunny!

Are thee any videos you like or did you just get up on the wrong side of the bed?

Wow you have just listed all my favourite videos bar Sunny!

Are there any videos you like or did you just get up on the wrong side of the bed?

my Top 10 being in no particular order

This was the video proposal I submitted for First of the Gang... Obviously it never got made, but I think it would've turned out quite well, if I do say so myself.

-----

“The First of the Gang to Die”
Video Proposal
by King Leer (name changed to protect the not so innocent)

Copyright (c) 2004 xxxxxx xxxxx

A small, dusty border town, late afternoon. Main street, in front of a club with a very long queue out front. The camera tracks along the line of people. They are from all walks; white, Mexican, black, goths, middle-aged couples, teenagers, rockabilly types, etc. A neon sign above the entrance flickers: “MORRISSEY”.

Dissolve: inside the club. It’s jam-packed with people, crammed up against the stage. The lights are low, dark blue. Boz Boorer, Alain Whyte, Gary Day, Dean Butterworth, and Mike Farrell are already onstage. The crowd chants “Morrissey! Morrissey! Morrissey!”. The first chords of the song sound, as bright light illuminates the stage and Morrissey strides out to manic cheering. He begins to sing the song.

On the streets of the town, Morrissey walks down the center of the road toward the camera, holding a single long-stemmed rose. He sings the lyrics in sync to the live performance as we cut back and forth. As Morrissey walks down the street, various people shake his hand, pat him on the back, kiss him on the cheek...

The third element of the video involves the ghostly image of a young Hispanic man with an angelic face, wearing a white undershirt, jeans, and greased-back hair. His ghostly image appears in various scenes around the town, but nobody can see him: next to a group of tough teenaged boys; sitting on a porch next to an elderly lady in a rocking chair; behind the wheel of a parked muscle car; at a movie theatre next to a beautiful girl; in a photograph on the wall under a picture of Jesus. This is all intercut with the performance and Morrissey’s stroll. At one point the ghost tries to touch Morrissey, but his hand passes right through him. Morrissey feels his presence and nods in acknowledgment.

Back in the club, people clamor to get on stage as the song comes to an end. Morrissey waves and walks off as the band play the final bars of the song.

Backstage. Morrissey grabs the rose and opens the venue’s rear exit to blinding white light...

Slow motion: Morrissey places the flower at the humble grave of “Hector”.

END

Gimme goosies that, i would have loved to have seen something like that:)

I don't like the YHKM video because it's a little boring (as much as you can see the idea behind, doesn't really hold one's attention very well), but the one and only video I find quite dreadful is Alma Matters, for two reasons - the dreadful green colour scheme, and it reflects a terrible period in Morrissey's life.

I think the Thompson Twins have the worst videos of all time.

You Moron, November is one of his best videos ever?!!!!!

LOL I share your exasperation. I think it's one of his best as well! And I think the see-through shirt is HOT! he's hot in that video!

I think the Thompson Twins have the worst videos of all time.

Doctor Doctor is an amazing video and I believe was nominated for the inaugural Brit award for best video along with such luminaries as Ultravox's
Love's Great Adventure and Duran Duran's Wild Bos (the winner!)

How I remember this when I can't even remember to pick my keys up in the morning is a mystery of modern science!!!!

I haven't seen all Morrissey's videos, therefore I can't tell what's the worst one. I think a bit of Everyday Is Like Sunday is really pathetic, the bit in which the girl sees the chickens at the butcher. Oooooh, her face is like she's discovering that animals and killed and sold to be eaten. Frankly, it is not credible.

Back
Top Bottom