Would you ever cry at a Morrissey show?

i got teary this past april in houston during "Seasick, Yet Still Docked" and tweeted about it as it happened.

Well...I've only seen Morrissey once and the second he walked on stage I was bawling uncontrollably. He hadn't even said hello yet!! I also started crying again during "Seasick, Yet Still Docked"

The first time I saw him the tears started pouring out the second he came out on stage. "Oh, my god. That's Morrissey. The actual Morrissey. And he's old! Which means... so am I. And all those years are gone." The Queen is Dead. Weep, weep, weep.

So the next morning I started making changes.

I cried over "Seasick" at the Dallas show in April. It was the first Morrissey song I ever heard and is my favorite. I was so happy that he sang it (and wonderfully) that I bawled! Not ashamed, either.

I guess I could. I'm too sensetive sometimes.
I've never been to a concert with him. Maybe I'd just cry for seeing him ;)

I have welled up many a time from sheer joy and because of the beauty. But then I am a weller upper. Diy SOS and the Dog Whisperer often make me cry.
Love life, asleep and break up the family would have me wailing.

I'm 45 fat and past it ( sounds like a great Morrissey lyric ). Mozzer/ The Smiths remind me so much of my late teens, early 20's, Loughborough Uni, a Social Psychology degree, a 6 month stint on a Kibbutz and all that tortured emotion.

Got to say when he came out at Ally Pally and sang 'This Charming Man' two weeks ago I had tears in my eyes, I haven't got hero's as such but I'll be inconsolable when he finally snuffs it.

I have cried at a Morrissey show, when he used his teeth.

I cry every time I see Morrissey live. Usually at the end when I know the show is almost over. However, when he played Seasick at Myrtle Beach in March, I was in tears. It was so moving...

I almost cried out of sheer awe at seeing him when he first stepped on stage at Swindon, even though I was quite far away (which was kind of a good thing, considering).

I think I would probably sob if I heard him sing 'Now My Heart Is Full', 'Seasick, Yet Still Docked' or 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out' live. The WPTMIM (I think) video of the latter makes me really emotional. :o

Last edited:
Tags
cry teary
Back
Top Bottom