Yokohama show cancelled due to "logistical issues" - Creativeman Productions (Oct. 1, 2016)

https://www.creativeman.co.jp/event/morrissey2016/

OCT 1 Sat - KANAGAWA : YOKOHAMA BAYHALL - CANCELED

We are sorry to announce the cancelation of the Morrissey performance at Yokohama Bay Hall on Saturday, October 1st, due to logistical issues.

Your ticket for the show will be refunded during Sunday, October 2nd and Monday, October 17th at point of purchase.

Please contact Creativeman for the refund process.

The show at Osaka, IMP Hall is still scheduled for Sunday Oct 2nd.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this cancelation.

UPDATE 5:20 PM PT:

Posted by Uncleskinny:

My daughter, who has taught English in Japan, has provided this translation of the Japanese text from the Creativeman website.

"Notice of cancellation of performance at Yokohama Bay Hall

We have received notice today from Morrissey that he has judged there to be difficulties with fully providing the staging that the artist himself would wish for. We had been in negotiation with Morrissey in order that we might somehow fulfil his wishes regarding changes to equipment such as the usage of videos and instrumentation, but due to Morrissey's strong desire that the concert cannot take place if everything is not exactly in place, we have been forced to cancel this show. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to all the fans who were looking forward to the concert. We also apologise that this announcement comes at such late notice.
"

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
So f***ing lame, thats another 2-3000 fans he's pissed off...what ever happened to the 'show must go on'
What a f***ing drama queen
It's just one concert. If they really want to see him they can travel to Osaka. Although, i probably will be singing a different tune if he cancels CA shows....

My daughter, who has taught English in Japan, has provided this translation of the Japanese text from the Creativeman website.

We have received notice today from Morrissey that he has judged there to be
difficulties with fully providing the staging that the artist himself would wish for. We had been in negotiation with Morrissey in order that we might somehow fulfil his wishes regarding changes to equipment such as the usage of videos and instrumentation, but due to Morrissey's strong desire that the concert cannot take place if everything is not exactly in place, we have been forced to cancel this show. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to all the fans who were looking forward to the concert. We also apologise that this announcement comes at such late notice.
"

When I began reading this thread I thought of how often Morrissey trumpets the claim that "it's all about The Voice" and how he derides other groups for their elaborate stage shows which he's claimed hide an absence of authenticity and raw talent in the vocal stakes. Given that, I'd have thought he'd just brush aside the absence of a smoke machine/gong/hackneyed back-drop images for one night and just.....'sing your life'....it's a long way to Yokohoma just to sit in a hotel room on a Saturday night sulking because your hissy fit D List Diva needs weren't met.

The only valid reasons to cancel a gig at this short notice is a genuine medical emergency or a threat to the health and safety of the audience. Morrissey appears to be revealing that, despite his Piaf-inspired claims, he simply cannot stand alone with just his Voice under the spotlight, he needs his circus props around him to disguise his artifice. A strangely revealing incident.....

best
'BrummieBoy'
The Shires of England.

When I began reading this thread I thought of how often Morrissey trumpets the claim that "it's all about The Voice" and how he derides other groups for their elaborate stage shows which he's claimed hide an absence of authenticity and raw talent in the vocal stakes. Given that, I'd have thought he'd just brush aside the absence of a smoke machine/gong/hackneyed back-drop images for one night and just.....'sing your life'....it's a long way to Yokohoma just to sit in a hotel room on a Saturday night sulking because your hissy fit D List Diva needs weren't met.

The only valid reasons to cancel a gig at this short notice is a genuine medical emergency or a threat to the health and safety of the audience. Morrissey appears to be revealing that, despite his Piaf-inspired claims, he simply cannot stand alone with just his Voice under the spotlight, he needs his circus props around him to disguise his artifice. A strangely revealing incident.....

best
'BrummieBoy'
The Shires of England.

I think the excuse is bollocks. He took too much on in a short period of time and he is f*cked. If he gave the real reasons, people would still be pissed off but possibly more accepting. Christ I'm younger than him but still take 3 days to get over chunky time zone changes. It's a shame though as from the footage I have seen recently his voice has sounded great.

I bet a bit of pee came out for you Benny when you realised you could finally shift this missive from your drafts folder, some 18 months and 83 played shows later. Get a f***ing grip, really.
SOSB

My comments are very valid pal, especially if you look back that I actually predicted this was going to happen. It wasn't rocket science, just look at the distances travelled and how close together the dates are. There's no way sicknote Stevey could complete them given his "health issues". What's really sad though is how the venue is the latest victim to take the blame for him and his travelling circus not being up to it. It's a very poor excuse to all those who purchased tickets now in the knowledge that there is no rescheduled date. It all just smells of a "tough shit" attitude as far as the fans are concerned.
This is classic text book Steven the wizard of moz up to his usual CrankFraud tricks.

So I suggest you stop having a pop at me as a smokescreen to divert attention from the fact that Steven is a CrankFraud and get back on topic STEVE 4KS UP AND LETS HIS FANS DOWN BIGTIME YET AGAIN.:guitar:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

L O L :laughing: !
Just as I called it in an earlier post* (see below) Silly Steven has bitten off more than he can chew.
Diesel ! Call for Dr Jeremy quickly :rofl:!

Logistics my arse :drama:

*Entirely his own stupid fault, all sympathy goes to the poor audience who got a lower than normal below par performance. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the true to nobody webshite announces that a lawnmower part is suddenly critically ill with with a bruised big toe.
Should have taken more time to acclimatise and get used to the local 5* cheese, dairy and sushi.
Look on the bright side though ! At least the pop up shop can keep popping up ¥ching, ¥ching !
Can Dr Jeremy Fine make him fine again but obviously not in the gossamer way ? :laughing:
Will he patch his chest up with fake blood patches ? :laughing:

Watch this space people :tiphat: this could be the funniest routine that Silly Steven the clown has ever performed ! ! !
Oh yes it could !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain:
:knife:

Wednesday at 9:00 PM
+ QuoteReply

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I wonder if davidt still considers Benny's comments to be valid insights rather than trolling?

Every other website on the internet manages to eliminate trolls without compromising any naive notions of freedom of speech.
I wonder if davidt still considers Benny's comments to be valid insights rather than trolling

Yes. And 99 percent of them are boring. :sleeping:
I guess solow is the 1 percent, for me though.
But you can call me a troll, I don't care.
Who does anyway?

As long as I don't do any hateposts, death threats and not insult any people here with another opinion.

I know there are people who do but all the members here who are considered by many as trolls never, ever insulted me,........so far. :popcorn:
And it almost feels like an honour if they make me laugh.
And some of them are quite witty, funny and entertaining.

I bet a bit of pee came out for you Benny when you realised you could finally shift this missive from your drafts folder, some 18 months and 83 played shows later. Get a f***ing grip, really.
SOSB

More like you got a 4kin horrible migraine :tiphat: :popcorn: L O L ! :rofl:

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

Bay Hall seems to be a TINY venue, capacity around 400 ? Look at their website, looks like a club...
400 people and THIS gong, no way:)

Maybe it was about requirements and needs to produce a good concert, and not just about "wishes".

Changes to the usage of video and instrumentation.
Not wishes by Moz but by the venue, cause they found out at the last moment they couldn't deliver as was agreed previously by contract?
Shit happens and if he would get on stage he would be slagged of by everyone for lack of quality, poor sound, etc. etc.

The auditorium is tiny, with a capacity of 300 standing and 80 seated. The stage is small with no space for the backdrop. Presumably is there's a safety barrier added the capacity is reduced further. Unfortunately it wouldn't work for a Morrissey gig. I feel sorry for the fans who won't get to see him there. Someone must have realised before now that the Bay Hall is a different scale to the other venues he's played. They should have spoken up earlier. Glad it isn't due to illness, just a cock-up.

We have received notice today from Morrissey that he has judged there to be difficulties with fully providing the staging that the artist himself would wish for. We had been in negotiation with Morrissey in order that we might somehow fulfil his wishes regarding changes to equipment such as the usage of videos and instrumentation, but due to Morrissey's strong desire that the concert cannot take place if everything is not exactly in place, we have been forced to cancel this show. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to all the fans who were looking forward to the concert. We also apologise that this announcement comes at such late notice.
"
Bloody hell that's a right balls up. Moz is such a single-minded control freak. I honestly think he doesn't give a damn about his fans. Its all about him. Very unfair to the ticket holders. Cancelling due to sickness or exhaustion is one thing but if the text above is true then its unforgivable.

The auditorium is tiny, with a capacity of 300 standing and 80 seated. The stage is small with no space for the backdrop. Presumably is there's a safety barrier added the capacity is reduced further. Unfortunately it wouldn't work for a Morrissey gig. I feel sorry for the fans who won't get to see him there. Someone must have realised before now that the Bay Hall is a different scale to the other venues he's played. They should have spoken up earlier. Glad it isn't due to illness, just a cock-up.
f*** the backdrop. There is only so much crass homoerotic recycled photos we can take. Good forbid Moz would just walk on stage and sing. His pre concert videos are pure crap anyway. Usually (but not always) the same can be said for the support acts. If he had any balls he'd adapt to tiny stage and do acoustic versions with Boz on guitar. The rest of the band are a bit lacking anyway.

No, it's not that tiny. I went there once and the capacity of standing is about 1100.

f*** the backdrop. There is only so much crass homoerotic recycled photos we can take. Good forbid Moz would just walk on stage and sing. His pre concert videos are pure crap anyway. Usually (but not always) the same can be said for the support acts. If he had any balls he'd adapt to tiny stage and do acoustic versions with Boz on guitar. The rest of the band are a bit lacking anyway.

I guess it would be satisfying for you as well as for other fans if he would do just that, but the fact he is a control freak also applies to the quality of the show as he seems fit. (Not always bad to be a control-freak)

Maybe it would be more accepted and acceptable if found out earlier and announced it would be like you suggested.

I don't agree with you about the preshow-videos and what you said about the homoerotic photo-backdrops.
They are always interesting and by the way, not all of them are homoerotic, not that I would care if they were.
Cheers Acton

We can tell when its time for your meds as your posts stop making even less sense then they already did. BTW Benny is the emoji king, your just ........ well, not very good at it.

you delusions of grandeur the obvious result of too much :babybottle::babybottle::eyes:
maybe cutting down to ine single:8ball: at night is the answer.:crazy:

Well at least they can afford the fuel for the tour bus this time...
I'm guessing someone packed Diocalm too.
These kinds of ups and downs are to be expected - especially for Morrissey fans.
Personally, besides the frustration of mentioning a load of potential new songs and having a label (as such), the missed opportunity to try some out is my own tour 'moan'.
Arigatou gozaimasu,
FWD

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom