Yokohama show cancelled due to "logistical issues" - Creativeman Productions (Oct. 1, 2016)

https://www.creativeman.co.jp/event/morrissey2016/

OCT 1 Sat - KANAGAWA : YOKOHAMA BAYHALL - CANCELED

We are sorry to announce the cancelation of the Morrissey performance at Yokohama Bay Hall on Saturday, October 1st, due to logistical issues.

Your ticket for the show will be refunded during Sunday, October 2nd and Monday, October 17th at point of purchase.

Please contact Creativeman for the refund process.

The show at Osaka, IMP Hall is still scheduled for Sunday Oct 2nd.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this cancelation.

UPDATE 5:20 PM PT:

Posted by Uncleskinny:

My daughter, who has taught English in Japan, has provided this translation of the Japanese text from the Creativeman website.

"Notice of cancellation of performance at Yokohama Bay Hall

We have received notice today from Morrissey that he has judged there to be difficulties with fully providing the staging that the artist himself would wish for. We had been in negotiation with Morrissey in order that we might somehow fulfil his wishes regarding changes to equipment such as the usage of videos and instrumentation, but due to Morrissey's strong desire that the concert cannot take place if everything is not exactly in place, we have been forced to cancel this show. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to all the fans who were looking forward to the concert. We also apologise that this announcement comes at such late notice.
"

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it's not that tiny. I went there once and the capacity of standing is about 1100.

surface, after downing several :8ball::8ball: considers it a huge arena holding many thousands.:crazy:
so better revise your figures before he pitches his customary fit.

its a 35o seat 'venue'. thats your answer for the cancellation. thats 35o minus the tix not allocated. you can add and subtract and have your answer.

Well at least they can afford the fuel for the tour bus this time...
I'm guessing someone packed Diocalm too.
These kinds of ups and downs are to be expected - especially for Morrissey fans.
Personally, besides the frustration of mentioning a load of potential new songs and having a label (as such), the missed opportunity to try some out is my own tour 'moan'.
Arigatou gozaimasu,
FWD

FWD san,
Really liked your post.
Feel sorry for you and all other fans.

The understated frustration you feel has been described perfectly and I believe sums it all up in an indirect but very sensitive way for a Moz fan without the need to insult and to behave like a cry-baby.

For us, fans, we have to accept.
Acceptance is the only way, or stop being a fan.
Cheers

This is not good at all. How can the management not have known of these logistical issues way ahead of time? If I was a Yokohama-n I'd be live beyond belief!

This is not good at all. How can the management not have known of these logistical issues way ahead of time? If I was a Yokohama-n I'd be live beyond belief!

No. That IS the question. And the reason why so many people start speculating about other issues resulting in the cancellation.
Somebody said the tour manager is the same as that of Ryan Adams and they never had any problems. :rolleyes:

If you're talking about the other type of management, maybe they need more time to adjust to Moz.
Don't know if he gives it them.
I would not be surprised if he fires them but maybe he has become mild and forgiving o_O

No. That IS the question. And the reason why so many people start speculating about other issues resulting in the cancellation.
Somebody said the tour manager is the same as that of Ryan Adams and they never had any problems. :rolleyes:

If you're talking about the other type of management, maybe they need more time to adjust to Moz.
Don't know if he gives it them.
I would not be surprised if he fires them but maybe he has become mild and forgiving o_O
Hey look I know Moz would be difficult to work with. All artists with a unique vision are in some way, shape or form including me. But that 'difficulty' is usually because certain people just don't get the point of it all.

That being said it seems like a lame excuse for cancelling a gig that was sold out and those fans have been waiting 4 and a half years for this.

Hey look I know Moz would be difficult to work with. All artists with a unique vision are in some way, shape or form including me. But that 'difficulty' is usually because certain people just don't get the point of it all.

That being said it seems like a lame excuse for cancelling a gig that was sold out and those fans have been waiting 4 and a half years for this.

I agree with you totally marred.

Morrissey is fantastically unique in so many ways and after all these years is it really so surprising that he cancels last minute....what gets me is some of the obsessive fans....when he walked off in Liverpool a few years back i was seriuosly pissed off as i had travelled a bit to get there but shit happens.... yet some of the more extreme fans were in tears afterwards incase someone may have hit him with a bottle of piss...trying to excuse him ...i just dont think he was in the form that night so he was waiting for an excuse to walk off....cost me a lot but still love Moz gigs..best in the world when they come through......anyway this is the life of Moz fan

I called it, but I didn't think the wheels would start coming off until Austrialililia and then he will probably add shows in California and then an LA New Years Eve show again. This sucks, I actually have other plans for New Years Eve this year, now I am am going to have to go see Uncle Steve again....:unamused:

Think about it, where can he get good spaghetti with marinara sauce, Corona beer, and chocolate chip cookies in Yamahayokoonoha. If Manc Chetser wasn't such a huge payout with all the merch, he would of cancelled there. He wants out and I am sure Nancy has had it and misses her kitchen in Malibu. Cancel...Cancel...Cancel....

Last edited:
So glad I couldn't get a ticket to this show because it was quickly sold out and then found one for Tokyo instead. If I'd gone all the way from Kyoto to Yokohama and found out it was cancelled I'd have been devastated. So sad for those fans who were going. Here's hoping nothing gets in the way of a good show tomorrow in Osaka! I'll be there!

you delusions of grandeur the obvious result of too much :babybottle::babybottle::eyes:
maybe cutting down to ine single:8ball: at night is the answer.:crazy:

I would stop posting after a long shift doing whatever it is you do as it appears to affect your ability to post anything that makes any sense.

I think this post confirms that you either, dropped out of school at a very early age, are mentaly not all there or have an alcohol problem.

Good luck going forward and I hope your parents can get you the help you clearly need.

surface, after downing several :8ball::8ball: considers it a huge arena holding many thousands.:crazy:
so better revise your figures before he pitches his customary fit.

Nah tit head as I don't tell lies. Don't forget to take your meds Liar boy as once again you have posted something that makes no sense to anyone apart from you and your backward mind.

Google is helpful for finding the website for the venue. There are photos http://bayhall.jp/about/ The capacity is just 380, so it isn't surprising that the gig was "sold out". If it were announced that Morrissey was to do a gig at the Half Moon in Putney (London) I would say that a mistake had been made. It's the same sort of thing.

By comparison the Yokohama Arena has a capacity of 17,000. Perhaps someone got the two venues confused?

I noticed when I went to buy tickets for the Yokohama show that many were being auctioned off, most likely not real fans buying the tickets but scammers hoping to make cash. The show on the 28th was not as packed a I had thought too. Many open seats in the upper sections. Good show though. Feel terrible for tonight's ticket holders but hopefully they will get refunded. I got burnt back when he cancelled the NYC Carnegie Hall show , travelled down from my university practically broke only to go straight back. Also happened for his book signing at Tower records in NYC. I think when you get to a point in your career when you are as famous as he is and collects off of fans for literally supporting his way of life, he owes them by doing everything possible to ensure the show goes on unless its truely unavoidable due to sickness or natural disasters. Cancelling for the reasons provided is not cool and think its rude and disrespect to the fans who buy an over priced ticket, travel to his show only to find out it has been called off. Sorry again to all those fans tonight who missed out.

f*** the backdrop. There is only so much crass homoerotic recycled photos we can take. Good forbid Moz would just walk on stage and sing. His pre concert videos are pure crap anyway. Usually (but not always) the same can be said for the support acts. If he had any balls he'd adapt to tiny stage and do acoustic versions with Boz on guitar. The rest of the band are a bit lacking anyway.

I think this is the real nub of the matter. He makes a huge deal about other bands having pyrotechnic shows, including U2 but he was happy to support them at Glastonbury. And he was also happy to allow Bono, Eavis and the BBC to censor the backdrop footage for 'Meat Is Murder' as his calculation was that his need to attract a new recording contract meant he didn't dare smear his lovely career by walking out on a support slot to U2. Hilariously, it rained and it was a wash-out, that's karma!

If he could perform without a perfect technical set-up at Glasto he could do so in Yokohama, the difference is that there was real £ at stake in walking out of the censorship at Worthy Farm but nothing to lose by pissing off a mere 360 Japanese fans because he wanted to be a D List Diva. Next time he claims he 'just wants to sing' remember these 2 incidents and see through the dry-ice fog of his public image.

He is a calculating businessman who cannot control his Inner D List Diva, hence is reduced to playing supper clubs in Tokyo suburbs. Presumably he took one look at the venue, decided it wasn't prestigious and would make him look like a loser on the slide so found an excuse to cancel? It would have made more sense to just not sign up for that venue in the first place...or maybe he's finally seen a draft of Marr's memoir.....& is a bit 'depressed'.....LOLOLOLOL!

I noticed when I went to buy tickets for the Yokohama show that many were being auctioned off, most likely not real fans buying the tickets but scammers hoping to make cash. The show on the 28th was not as packed a I had thought too. Many open seats in the upper sections. Good show though. Feel terrible for tonight's ticket holders but hopefully they will get refunded. I got burnt back when he cancelled the NYC Carnegie Hall show , travelled down from my university practically broke only to go straight back. Also happened for his book signing at Tower records in NYC. I think when you get to a point in your career when you are as famous as he is and collects off of fans for literally supporting his way of life, he owes them by doing everything possible to ensure the show goes on unless its truely unavoidable due to sickness or natural disasters. Cancelling for the reasons provided is not cool and think its rude and disrespect to the fans who buy an over priced ticket, travel to his show only to find out it has been called off. Sorry again to all those fans tonight who missed out.

If the tour isn't feeding his ego, then it makes sense that the 'cancellations' will begin. His 'fans' claim every show is sold out but it's pretty clear that his TTY missives refer to initial ticket allocations to agencies, not to actual venue capacities. When he turns up to a supposedly 'sold out' venue only to see empty sections or black curtains, it's bound to anger him. But it's funny!

Nah tit head as I don't tell lies. Don't forget to take your meds Liar boy as once again you have posted something that makes no sense to anyone apart from you and your backward mind.

of course not m'lord, of course not, of course you never lie.:lbf:
right now you probably are flying over the amazon in your lear jet polishing your bald head.:crazy:

switch to:smoking: maybe that will help with the hallucinations.

I would stop posting after a long shift doing whatever it is you do as it appears to affect your ability to post anything that makes any sense.

I think this post confirms that you either, dropped out of school at a very early age, are mentaly not all there or have an alcohol problem.

Good luck going forward and I hope your parents can get you the help you clearly need.

"mentally":mad:
classic freudian slip.:cool:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom