Morrissey Central "YOU MUST PLEASE REMEMBER" (March 3, 2021)

TMYIMTCIG is probably the closest Morrissey came to being a "crossover" pop star. He mentioned this period in Autobiography and how the record company decided to heavily promote Alanis Morissette instead of him. That's the gist anyway, I don't recall the exact details.

Last edited:
TMYIMTCIG is probably the closest Morrissey came to being a "crossover" pop star. He mentioned this period in Autobiography and how the record company decided to heavily promote Alanis Morissette instead of him. That's the gist, I don't recall the exact details.

I thought that was for Your Arsenal?

TMYIMTCIG is probably the closest Morrissey came to being a "crossover" pop star.
In the US, it was his biggest hit by a long way, but it the UK, it's fair to say he really was a "proper" pop star in 1988-9, even if he wasn't a very usual one.

TMYIMTCIG is probably the closest Morrissey came to being a "crossover" pop star. He mentioned this period in Autobiography and how the record company decided to heavily promote Alanis Morissette instead of him. That's the gist, I don't recall the exact details.
that alanis morrissette album was huge,sold 33,000,000 copies.you can see why the record company went with her.she had the big sales but M has the longevity.

that alanis morrissette album was huge,sold 33,000,000 copies.you can see why the record company went with her.she had the big sales but M has the longevity.
‘No, not Van Morrison... Morrissey’ was replaced ‘No, not Alanis Morrissette... Morrissey’—as words I was sick of saying to DJs, by the end of 1995.

‘No, not Van Morrison... Morrissey’ was replaced ‘No, not Alanis Morrissette... Morrissey’—as words I was sick of saying to DJs, by the end of 1995.
good one.jagged little pill was an album that seemed to be only bought by women.

In what way did Morrissey have the longevity, she released a new album last year.

TMYIMTCIG is probably the closest Morrissey came to being a "crossover" pop star. He mentioned this period in Autobiography and how the record company decided to heavily promote Alanis Morissette instead of him. That's the gist anyway, I don't recall the exact details.
I always thought that Home is a question mark related to the time when the record company chose to invest in AM rather than Moz?

In what way did Morrissey have the longevity, she released a new album last year.
She’s still on the go as you say, I watched something about her only the other week.... but not for to long.
Unfortunately it was her new stuff if I recall correctly.

I thought that was for Your Arsenal?

Think it's not quite clear - it's kind of placed between Arsenal and Vauxhall ("...dreaming of how Vauxhall and I could have sold 27 million copies had the head of Warner warmed to the weave of my sleeve.") in the narrative but he speaks of her first album. That would indicate 1991 but he obviously means her third album (first on Reprise) Jagged Little Pill, which was released in 1995.

not you again,you didnt mention the one before that which was only 9 years ago in 2012,shes hardly chucking them out these days.

😐

FFS ignore 'surface' and his moronic Alanis Morrissette posts.(n)
he wouldnt know her from Vic Damone :lbf:

I know exactly what you mean...
I’m stuck in watching Ben Fogle wandering about Chernobyl....

Come come nuclear bomb......
Did you see the Eric Morecambe documentary programme on the BBC? It was really interesting.

I don't keep old TV Guides sometimes I wish I did. Once the week is up they go in the recycling. It is sometimes nice to look back at old TV Guides to see what we watched on a certain day. 📺 🖥

...Hey did anyone around here ask for Git? Because git we did get! And it is the git that keeps on giving. The more I see Central...the more I wonder how many of them there are exactly.

When you're sedated in a suite somewhere, it must be hard to remember it was more or less just you people were interested in, once...Doesn't it now seem like...a different life you never had...buried closer to the the centre of Nothingness with every Central post...

Funny how the man who said to not be a nobody couldn't manage to not disappear himself. (it must be hard to exist when you're related to such a megastar as Sammy Melvis Jr, but, all the same...)

Did you see the Eric Morecambe documentary programme on the BBC? It was really interesting.

I don't keep old TV Guides sometimes I wish I did. Once the week is up they go in the recycling. It is sometimes nice to look back at old TV Guides to see what we watched on a certain day. 📺 🖥
I don’t like Eric Morecambe....

I don’t like Eric Morecambe....
Oh why is that? I think Eric Morecambe was great and he was a Bevin Boy in the Second World War.

There is something about old magazines, fanzines, TV Guides and so on to me they are a part of social history. I have lost and put many magazines and fan stuff and so on in the recycling.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom