Morrissey Central "YOU MUST PLEASE REMEMBER" (March 3, 2021)

Italian horrors are the best!

I'm also quite fond of The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue - it's Spanish.

Italian horrors are the best!

I'm also quite fond of The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue - it's Spanish.

Wow. I’d forgot this existed. I might have to watch it. This DVD arrived a couple of weeks ago, after you piqued my interest. I’ve yet to view it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Wow. I’d forgot this existed. I might have to watch it. This DVD arrived a couple of weeks ago, after you piqued my interest. I’ve yet to view it.

I didn't know I had mentioned it! I thought it was Play For Today!

I have Plays For Britain too. They're amazingly strange. I love that era.

I didn't know I had mentioned it! I thought it was Play For Today!

I have Plays For Britain too. They're amazingly strange. I love that era.

Yes it was Play for Today, which costs a small fortune to buy the box set. But then Amazon Recommended this, I assumed it was an ITV equivalent perhaps?

Yes it was Play for Today, which costs a small fortune to buy the box set. But then Amazon Recommended this, I assumed it was an ITV equivalent perhaps?

Yes, it is.

I've also got their Armchair Theatre series, Armchair Triller, Thriller & Time For Murder.

I was distraught when they burned down network DVDs' warehouse.

Yes, it is.

I've also got their Armchair Theatre series, Armchair Triller, Thriller & Time For Murder.

I was distraught when they burned down network DVDs' warehouse.

I have the Armchair Thriller boxset, and it’s wonderful.

Network’s warehouse burnt down? I think I remember something about that, a decade ago? I trust they didn’t have any masters destroyed?

There is something wonderful about the look of those 80s TV shows; perhaps because they tended to use video tape rather than film to record them?

You might like a kid’s show called Shadows which was wonderful and surprisingly sophisticated—especially Series One.

Can I assume you’ve seen the Ghost Stories for Christmas box set? They used to film one a year, but they were all compiled together several years back for a single release.

I have the Armchair Thriller boxset, and it’s wonderful.

Network’s warehouse burnt down? I think I remember something about that, a decade ago? I trust they didn’t have any masters destroyed?

There is something wonderful about the look of those 80s TV shows; perhaps because they tended to use video tape rather than film to record them?

You might like a kid’s show called Shadows which was wonderful and surprisingly sophisticated—especially Series One.

Can I assume you’ve seen the Ghost Stories for Christmas box set? They used to film one a year, but they were all compiled together several years back for a single release.

Yes, it was in the London riots. It was their stock, took them ages to build it back up.

I love Shadows! It's so creepy. I've also got Dramarama & The Tomorrow People (where they joke on the commentary about how the director perved on them as kids - proving the 70s had serious boundary issues).

Also love the ghost stories!

I prefer studio taped dramas. They're like theatre. You can also see the flagship stuff had huge costume, set & props budgets. Nearly everything these days is out of a skip, held together by gaffa & overlaid with CGI.

I don't think John Robb is a fan of Morrissey judging by the things he says about him.

Maybe John Robb was a Morrissey fan in days gone by but not anymore.

the nutter claims

The world is ours​

No corner of the planet is beyond bounds. Norwegian death metal, Brazilian freak punk, Baille funk, Mexican quiff bop, English punk, electronic pop, Angolan Kuduro music, north African hip hop, the foulest bedsit dubstep, Manchester lad bands, Turkish gypsy music, Goa Trance, Japanese freak noise, African rhythms, Karnatik folk, Greek Mohawked anarchists and Indian metal hardcore – it’s all in here and more; we celebrate the classic Anglo American axis but we are not constrained by it. We are open to suggestions. We are open.

"We" being his own daft self, who writes disrespectful open letters to Moz wherein he blows smoke up Le:frogface: axx:bactriancamel::

Your old mucker Johnny Marr seems to embrace the perceived Smiths spirit musically and politically and is doing it with a dignity the more you seem to move away from it.

after reading this bit:handpointup:
its obvious he is out of sense. DramaJ has dignity? LePew? with all manner of wigs and tats all over himself at 60 yrs of age???:crazy:

I don’t like Eric Morecambe....
Eric Morecambe is my favourite comedian of all time. Morecambe & Wise were one of the last links to the old time British "Music Halls". They call that "Vaudeville" entertainment in America. It is so sad he died relatively young. I wish he was still around.

I never really thought about what Eric Morecambe's politics might of been. His comedy didn't seem to be political at all and he never really spoke about politics publicly. There was no swearing in the comedy. It wasn't cruel comedy. It would of been great to meet Eric Morecambe maybe somewhere like Blackpool, Lancashire in the 1950s after the Second World War. Another time, another era.

Eric Morecambe was very different to Morrissey in some ways. Eric Morecambe accepted an honour from the Queen that is something Morrissey would never do. Eric Morecambe was Church of England ('Anglican' or what Americans call 'Episcopalian') not Roman Catholic. Eric Morecambe probably would of eaten meat and he did fishing as a hobby something Morrissey would never do. I used to like Vic Reeves (Jim Moir) but after Morrissey had a falling out with him I stopped liking him out of loyalty to Morrissey.

I forgot to say that Eric Morecambe was a family man he had two biological children a son and a daughter and one adopted son. So he had three children in total. Eric Morecambe was always loyal and faithful to his wife. Morrissey has never married or had any children. Eric Morecambe used to smoke a pipe and before that cigarettes. I don't think Morrissey smokes. It doesn't bother me if Eric Morecambe and Morrissey had vastly different views about Margaret ('Maggie') Thatcher. Nobody knows what Eric Morecambe would think of Margaret Thatcher if he was still alive today or what he would make of the Conservative government today if he was still alive. I still cry about that Eric died way too young. Medicine is better today than it was in the 1980s. Eric Morecambe used to have a hobbies birdwatching and fishing among other things. Morrissey doesn't approve of fishing or eating meat. I love both Eric Morecambe and Morrissey I know they were quite different in some ways.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom