You Were Good In Your Time

Come Back to Camden is my favourite Morrissey song of his entire catalogue. It even beats "I Know It's Over" in my book.

Yes I agree with this.I adore it so much.I think if more people heard it they would come to like Moz.

does anyone else think "dear god please help me" is just "come back to camden" but set in rome?

no problem ..

now i would like to know what exactly they were saying there?i cant speak french so...anyone? guillaume for example?thanks

Can we just take a moment to acknowledge how incredible this song is? It's YOR's "Come Back To Camden," imo. Both haven't been played live and both are as beautiful as each other.

Neither of these songs are good in my book. I find the lyrics very clumsy and it makes me cringe . I also believe Morrissey's delivery is gauche on both tracks - 'I will make these lyrics fit, even if I have to shoehorn them in'

Funny how we all have such different views. I much prefer his faster numbers.

Its tender at the start 'but the heart has a will of its own', booms it out further along 'all of those syrupy sentimenal things that we said', followed by the Morrissey yodel, its achingly gorgeous, the softeness, tenderness and underlying pain of his voice contrasting with the harsh lyrics shows his voice off to its full extent, anyone else feel the same way about it? I always have it on repeat....its interesting the songs we find a connect too.

I agree! :) I do like YWGIYT, but it's not my favourite from YOR, as much as I love the album. The atmospherics at the end annoy me on record, but they work really well as entrance music live- it's eerie hearing them in a crowded hall, as the lights sweep over the crowd.

Last edited:
Will you come again?
- Tomorrow.

- You sure?
- Same time.
-Here?

-I really like you.
You're beautiful.

(...)

-What did you do before?

-Before what?

-Before the jewels.

-I wanted them.
You really can't get rid of this Casbah?

-Why do you ask? No, they've got me boxed in. I can't hole up anywhere else.They're hunting me.If I leave here, they nail me.
So, Happy now?
You're reassured.

-I'm neither happy nor reassured.

-You're right, because if you don't come back I could do anything, even come looking for you.

(Only because sistasheila isn't a dick.:thumb: Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye this time. :) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfZQ6IrgZXk (complete dialogue, included the bit about chips. Yes, chips are mentioned.:thumb: )

Last edited:
It's simply stunning! It was immediately my favourite song from Years Of Refusal. Only Morrissey can write songs like this.

Will you come again?
- Tomorrow.

- You sure?
- Same time.
-Here?

-I really like you.
You're beautiful.

(...)

-What did you do before?

-Before what?

-Before the jewels.

-I wanted them.

-Why do you ask? No, they've got me boxed in. I can't hole up anywhere else.They're hunting me.If I leave here, they nail me.
So, Happy now?
You're reassured.

-You're right, because if you don't come back I could do anything, even come looking for you.

(Only because sistasheila isn't a dick.:thumb: Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye this time. :) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfZQ6IrgZXk (complete dialogue, included the bit about chips. Yes, chips are mentioned.:thumb: )

You know French, mon chien? :eek:

You know French, mon chien? :eek:

Oh. My. Dog. :straightface:
The 1000 paws Statement: I am used to dealing with deaf, self-centered, extremely slow people. I've even met guys who'd try to explain the Bible to Jeezus. Or guys who'd try to sell "Godopedia" to the Man Upstairs. No amount of silly denial will make this doggy slash her paws. :rolleyes: But keep trying anyway, oh forum people, nobody minds. :p Surrealist situations like this can be very... inspiring. Thought-provoking, even. Non?

:lbf:

Last edited:
Will you come again?
- Tomorrow.

- You sure?
- Same time.
-Here?

-I really like you.
You're beautiful.

(...)

-What did you do before?

-Before what?

-Before the jewels.

-I wanted them.

So, Happy now?
You're reassured.

lovely ! thanks!

Back
Top Bottom