• Start date
there is new news on mozcentral.
anybody?
okay, here...
wait....

YOUNG THE GIANT. - Morrissey Central
August 11, 2019

The Forum, Los Angeles

" … just … just … magnificent. Catch them if you can. Sameer is the best singer in the world today. And yesterday. And tomorrow."

Morrissey
10 August 2019

according to the young giant wikipedia "began work on its debut album with Grammy-winning producer Joe Chiccarelli"

according to morrissey wikipedia "producer, Joe Chiccarelli, were officially announced"

both groups share more in common.

from 2012 fans react to the group
m7mgdv-b78978068z.120120723092324000g801990jp.1.jpg

I don't understand what Moz hears in them to be honest.

Musically I don't understand it either but I watched some live videos on YouTube and I get what he likes about Sameer as a singer. He's very intense on stage. Unusual voice, too. And it doesn't hurt that he's very handsome.

Apartment, that’s enough.

I decided to check out Young the Giant back when Moz recommended their debut. They're not bad at all, but every song is the same banal, unremarkable pop-rock - they're a poor copy of more successful 'modern' indie bands like the Strokes, Kings of Leon, Killers, etc.

The singing is great - that's the focus here. Whereas Brian Flowers from the Killers has a horrible singing voice. Like the wee guy from Shed 7 but even worse. And the Kings of Leon could be the worst band of all time. Like an even more shit Bon Jovi fronted by Curtis Stigers.

Has he announced yet another example of his awful taste in music?
I never shared music taste with men much older than me.
It all sounds like the Rolling Stones.

Giant shrug from arsehole to the scalp turning the hair on me legs into carpets.

Soft generic melting vanilla gloop.
Compare that broken down elevator musak to the edginess of Joy Division. No comparison. Or to the voice of Brett Anderson, or Matt Johnson, or John Grant, or Siouxsie. The list goes on.

Has he announced yet another example of his awful taste in music?
I never shared music taste with men much older than me.
It all sounds like the Rolling Stones.

Giant shrug from arsehole to the scalp turning the hair on me legs into carpets.
I have to say I thought his Under The Influence compilation was a woeful load of bollox.

from 2012 fans react to the group
m7mgdv-b78978068z.120120723092324000g801990jp.1.jpg
Girls raised in houses or villas always look it. No council estate piglets in crap clothes. Girls raised in posh houses all look like lollies on legs.
It's a phenonemon and if dad is a lawyer and mom runs a business the daughter will look as tasty as a bowl of candy.

(It's true all men look at girls far too young for them)

The singing is great - that's the focus here. Whereas Brian Flowers from the Killers has a horrible singing voice. Like the wee guy from Shed 7 but even worse. And the Kings of Leon could be the worst band of all time. Like an even more shit Bon Jovi fronted by Curtis Stigers.

Let’s nit be silly. Kings of Leon are well below Morrissey’s current crop of weak-kneed slags in the running for that title, son. You might not like their music but they can play their instruments and have transcended the Top-5 in Poland many, many times. ;)

I have to say I thought his Under The Influence compilation was a woeful load of bollox.
Glad I never listened cause he's never made me like any of the things he's into except for those tunes he used before going onstage that always felt fitting somehow building up the expectation.
But I do like the voice of Tommy Körberg just like he does.

Girls raised in houses or villas always look it. No council estate piglets in crap clothes. Girls raised in posh houses all look like lollies on legs.
It's a phenonemon and if dad is a lawyer and mom runs a business the daughter will look as tasty as a bowl of candy.

(It's true all men look at girls far too young for them)

They enjoy the music and singing. They are not here for one of your candy parties.

It looks like Morrissey once again gives kudos to a very average act who has never received a five-star review anywhere. 98% of the times, he's got impeccable taste in music, but once in a while, he praised something quite common, remember Kristeen Old, anyone ?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom