"Your Arsenal" re-issue reviews - Q (4/5), Mojo (4/5), Uncut (9/10), Daily Express

Great stuff. Thanks for posting that. Interesting that the often Moz-baiting Harris notes that "2014 arguably finds Morrissey's esteem at an all-time high..."

There is a Place from KROQ appeared on My Love Life
Aye - true dat. But the initial poster was getting his knickers in a twist about the review slating 'My Love Life' - the A Side, which was certainly not recorded by the same band as played on 'Your Arsenal', whatever the sleeve may say.

I mean, personally I love 'My Love Life' and 'Your Arsenal', but they ain't by the same band*

(*extra track on the CD/12" excepting!)

Interesting that all the reviews slag the inclusion of the US Mix of Tomorrow when including that may be the only wise decision made in any of these recent remade,remodeled releases. That mix is 1000 times better and more exciting than the limpish LP mix it replaced.

It's not clear from the press release as to which guitar part Mick Ronson played on "Seasick, Yet Still Docked". He may have just played some accoustic guitar rather than the beautiful sepia tinged top line. Having heard the demo version of the song there isn't much difference between the two (I suppose Ronson could have played on both). So even when Morrissey tries to clarify things, we are no nearer to who played what and when.

Ronson played the eerie wailing electric lines with an eBow throughout the version we know and love from the album.

The woodwind on That's Entertainment is actually a cor anglais and is credited on the sleeve to one Kate St. John.

Ronson played the eerie wailing electric lines with an eBow throughout the version we know and love from the album.

Cheers Jamie. That's the line that gave me an out-of-body experience back in the day. Beautiful to think that it was Ronno playing it. It'll make it seem all the more haunting when I hear the DM version.

For me, as a single instance of instrumentation on a Morrissey recording, it's among the best - along with Boz's woodwind (recorder?!) note on 'Wide to Receive'.

'And I've never felt quite so alone / As I do right now...' etc.

Was pretty certain that the CD/DVD reissue was available in the U.S. through Amazon but i no longer see it when I search. Anyone have any info as to what has happened? Still see it listed on Amazon UK so maybe the DVD was never intended for U.S. release?

Was pretty certain that the CD/DVD reissue was available in the U.S. through Amazon but i no longer see it when I search. Anyone have any info as to what has happened? Still see it listed on Amazon UK so maybe the DVD was never intended for U.S. release?
It has the wrong version of the cover at the moment, but here it is:
http://www.amazon.com/Your-Arsenal-...OCOE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392957205&sr=8-1

I'm sure it's still intended for the U.S. because it's mentioned at Rhino Records, which is a U.S. label:
http://www.rhino.com/tags/your-arsenal-definitive-master

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom