"Your Arsenal" (remastered) debuts at #49 in UK album charts

You have to wonder about the great position when the songs were not really changed and the CD came with a bonus DVD. I think Vauxhall will do better just don't mess with the track listing (unless you remove "Used To Be A Sweet Boy"). So with Vauxhall please give us the Wolverhampton show or something really cool.

You have to wonder about the great position when the songs were not really changed and the CD came with a bonus DVD. I think Vauxhall will do better just don't mess with the track listing (unless you remove "Used To Be A Sweet Boy"). So with Vauxhall please give us the Wolverhampton show or something really cool.

I disagree about Sweet Boy; I think it's a brilliant track. The one I'd nix is Lifeguard Sleeping. It's a novelty song, and it kills the flow of the record. Not a terrible song in and of itself but it's not album worthy. I would take that off and include I'd Love To and A Swallow On My Neck, both of which, for me, are among his greatest works. Even Black Eyed Susan, another outtake from those sessions, would be cool, if it wasn't for the dumb, pointless, "experimental" middle part.

Is anyone surprised Jack The Ripper wasn't added to YA? I realize the live version seems to find its way onto other comps, but it's always been one of my favorite tunes and could have use a little boost and/or remaster. Surely should have been released as a single back then.

Is anyone surprised Jack The Ripper wasn't added to YA? I realize the live version seems to find its way onto other comps, but it's always been one of my favorite tunes and could have use a little boost and/or remaster. Surely should have been released as a single back then.

The Loop also, was in the Arsenal tour setlist, as Jack the Knife

'and they say he's mentall' ... Beethoven was Deaf...

The Loop also, was in the Arsenal tour setlist, as Jack the Knife

'and they say he's mentall' ... Beethoven was Deaf...

So what?

Please spell mental correctly, especially as you have it as part of your tiresome signature

If there is a weak track on Vauxhall, it's 'The Lazy Sunbathers'. My hunch is Moz will pull this track and replace it with 'I'd Love To'.

I don't think they should remove or add anything. I like the original record remastered and that's it. Removing one track, like they did with "Ordinary boys" from Viva Hate is a crime.
I really like the Your Arsenal remaster, it sounds fantastic and a bonus dvd is great (even if the quality this time is not too great)

I bought the remastered Your Arsenal on vinyl as I have recently bought a great new Project turntable and have fallen back in love with real records. It sounds and looks superb but I was a little disappointed that for £22 there was no DVD included, whereas I could have bought the CD for £10 and got the DVD. Why no DVD with the vinyl??

I disagree about Sweet Boy; I think it's a brilliant track. The one I'd nix is Lifeguard Sleeping. It's a novelty song, and it kills the flow of the record. Not a terrible song in and of itself but it's not album worthy. I would take that off and include I'd Love To and A Swallow On My Neck, both of which, for me, are among his greatest works. Even Black Eyed Susan, another outtake from those sessions, would be cool, if it wasn't for the dumb, pointless, "experimental" middle part.

Oh dear boy (That was my Dr. Smith impression), I totally agree with everything stated in your post, and that extremely long break in Black Eyed Susan always makes me imagine Morrissey leaving the studio for a couple of minutes and the band is just continuing while they wait for him to pop back in. Obviously, that's not the case, but it just seems a bit awkward; otherwise, it's not a bad song, and "I'd Love To" and "Swallow on My Neck" are definitely included in my favorites.

lynnda

I'd just add them as bonus tracks. But your right Lifeguard isn't the best recording on that album.

Edit: I think this remaster is probably the best remaster so far...apart from "Tomorrow", I didn't like the remastering on that at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank the Good Lord he barely messed with perfection on this re-release. And pray that he doesn't touch a note except to remaster it when it's Vauxhall's turn.

Maybe it would have placed higher if I could find it in any record shops! Not even HMV had it in Devon

Maybe it would have placed higher if I could find it in any record shops! Not even HMV had it in Devon

Devon should concentrate on getting electricity before worrying about noises to play on one of these new fangled magical sound machines they have nowadays. Eat up your Ambrosia. Use a spoon you uncouth country bumpkin.

Record shops? What the-? Have we entered a time-warp and gone back to the 1980's or something? If you can get online to moan on Solo, I'm sure you can click a few more buttons and find somewhere online to order it. I've heard about this great new site called Amazon. Apparently you can order records and CDs 'online', and then get them delivered right to your house. Fancy that!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom