Your Pets And Their Names

Scarlet Ibis

The Chicken of D.C.
What are your pets' names and why did you choose that name for them? Also, what kind of animals are they?

I had a cat called "Mugsie" a few years ago! sadly now passed on to the great cattery in the sky.

"Dog". had 'em for more than 2 months and its the best name I could russell up.

:guitar:

I have a cat and a dog who live with my mother in NZ. Tha cat's name is Brandy but we call her Bubba cos she's so small, and the dog's name is Zoe :).

My dog, who died about a month ago, was called Alfie. He was a bit mental, and he liked watching TV and eating electrical goods. Sigh. :( I miss him.

EDIT: I have goldfish too, Hector and Billy Budd. ;) And a cat, but she's got quite a few names, Tabby being the main one.

We're crazy animal people. We have:

rat terrier/chihuahua mix - Fritz
GSP/beagle mix - Kitty
cockapoo - Louise
black cat - Eleanor
long haired red tortie cat - Pearlie
dilute tortie - Prudence
blue rat - Robert Smith
blue and white rat - Teddy Roosevelt
hermit crab - Princess
hermit crab - Pookie
hermit crab - Violet
(all of our hermit crabs are extremely elderly... like freaky old)
crayfish - Reggie
crayfish - Ronnie
transparent river fish - Little Innards Skynard
bristle nosed suckerfish - FishKeepinggg
... and I think that's it.

Any other crazy animal people out there, or am I the only one?

We have lots of nameless fish. If I had a cat/dog s/he would be called Archie.

I think Little Innard Skynard's the best name ever. :)

Cocker Spaniel: Barney
Chihuahua/Terrier mix (my sisters but household pet) : Teddy
Canary: Jerry

I have a three year-old dog named Fugazi, who we adopted. He's a Terrier mix and one of my best-friends ever. Named after one of my favourite bands.

2u8wfpc.jpg

I also have two cats - Zambezi, and the one below is called Fonz.

11m70py.jpg

Last edited:
Mrs Miggins, named after the character in blackadder :thumb:

Shes a brindle boxer

Two dogs, Rhona, meaning Seal in Gaelic, and Winston, because he had a fat unattractive face as a puppy. Later found out Bodie had a spaniel called Winston. Both Sprocker spaniels.

Cats: Paul, Persian. Paul after various Pauls, and Persian after the Pokemon.
Rabbit: Bunnicula. After the kids book. He's got the same fur patterns as the bunny in the book.
Pigeons: Fred, Walter. Fred after various Freds, namely my grandfather, Walter after Walter Pidgeon.
Bantam Hen: Spike. Her feathers have a spikey pattern, and her personality is that of a miniature giant death urchin.
Hermit Crabs: Howard, Steve, Richard, David, Marc. Richard after my bessie bud, and the rest most people here can guess.
Dogs: Ballpark Frank and Boo. Ballpark is a Daschund so you can see where we went with that, and Boo... idk idk idk. I avoid her.

I declare myself winner of the pet contest as of now, and award myself one internet.

Last edited:
My family has one pet, a female Beagle named Willow. My daughters named her and they mostly call her Willy. Great dog but so hard headed.

Back
Top Bottom