Your prediction of the critical verdict (average score out of 10) for the new album?

What's your prediction of the average review rating for 'Dog on a Chain'

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Metacritic averages out the scores for albums across all major reviews. www.metacritic.com/person/morrissey
For context, the most recent Morrissey albums (rounded up or down to the nearest half) received:
6/10 Low in High School
7/10 World Peace
8/10 Years of Refusal
7.5/10 Ringleaders
7/10 You are the Quarry

Metacritic averages out the scores for albums across all major reviews. www.metacritic.com/person/morrissey
For context, the most recent Morrissey albums (rounded up or down to the nearest half) received:
6/10 Low in High School
7/10 World Peace
8/10 Years of Refusal
7.5/10 Ringleaders
7/10 You are the Quarry
That says it all, they are pointless...

It will probably be another 7 or 7,5 out of 10.

That says it all, they are pointless...

It will probably be another 7 or 7,5 out of 10.

He'll probably lose a mark across the board for his decision to publicly endorse a far-right political party.
I'll optimistically guess that it's worth an 8 but will receive an average of 7s (and is therefore better received than High School).

Between six and seven with a lot of “even this return to form and experimentation can’t erase the loss of faith and good will needed to make these songs come alive. A shame since the bands better than ever with only morrissey letting everyone down.” Blah blah blah

It remains to be seen whether the album will be better than Low In High School.
2 songs aren't really enough to judge.

Also, remember that some of the declarations and incidents that pissed fans and journalists off occurred after the release of Low In High School, resulting in some serious Moz bashing. I think that will be reflected in album reviews.

In fact, I think it will be best to wait for the release and then find out for ourselves how much we like it, how his lyrics are turning us on / off, etc.

Between six and seven with a lot of “even this return to form and experimentation can’t erase the loss of faith and good will needed to make these songs come alive. A shame since the bands better than ever with only morrissey letting everyone down.” Blah blah blah

That sounds likely - although a few might really hate the style of music or lay into the lyrics on political grounds.

That sounds likely - although a few might really hate the style of music or lay into the lyrics on political grounds.

this is true but so far the political lyrics seem scarce which might limit or minimize that line of attack. As for the style sure some morrissey fans are really stuck with either the jangle or the alt pop but in terms of the general public the style he’s chosen at least so far seems good for the moment. I think he might get a few cynical, he’s just trying to stay relevant or he’s trying to cash in etc but Either way it’s a popular production and musical right now

Back
Top Bottom