The Morrissey-solo Wiki is a continual work in progress, most of the data still needs to be populated. See the To Do page if you want to help.
Difference between revisions of "Earth Is The Loneliest Planet (single)"
|Line 107:||Line 107:|
Revision as of 20:39, 29 May 2021
|Name||Earth Is The Loneliest Planet|
|Release||04 June 2014 (Digital Download)|
|Chart position||UK - did not chart|
Earth Is The Loneliest Planet
→The Bullfighter Dies
Earth Is The Loneliest Planet was the third single released off Morrissey's tenth solo album, World Peace Is None Of Your Business. The song was produced by Joe Chiccarelli and co-written by Gustavo Manzur.
Morrissey began the recording of World Peace Is None Of Your Business on 1 February 2014 in France with producer Joe Chiccarelli. On 7 March 2014 it was announced that the forthcoming album was finished and provisionally set for a late June/early July release through the Harvest Records label.
Earth Is The Loneliest Planet was released as a digital single on 04 June 2014.
It was included on a limited edition 4-track white label 10" EP released 07 July 2014.
Earth is the loneliest planet of all
earth is the loneliest planet of all day after day you say “one day” day after day you say “one day” but you’re in the wrong place and you’ve got the wrong face and humans are not really very humane and earth is the loneliest planet of all
Earth is the loneliest planet of all live with aloneness that no one else knows time after time you say “next time” time after time you say “next time” but you fail as a woman and you lose as a man (we do what we can) and earth is the cruelest place you will never understand
but you're in the wrong skin and the skin that you're in says "urgh, let it begin" and earth is the loneliest planet of all
Earth is the loneliest planet of all earth is the loneliest planet of all day after day you say “one day” day after day you say “one day” but there's always a reason why you're refused they always blame you, you, you and there is nothing anyone can do.
- Morrissey - Vocals
- Boz Boorer - Guitars, QChord, clarinet, sax
- Jesse Tobias - Guitars
- Solomon Walker - Bass guitar
- Matt Walker - Drums, tubular bells, percussion
- Gustavo Manzur - Keyboards, piano, organ, synths, trumpet, accordion, flamenco guitar, didgeridoo, QChord, backing vocals
- Kristeen Young - Backing vocals
- Christophe Minck - Harp
- Producer - Joe Chiccarelli
- Directed by Natalie Johns
Play count (Morrissey concert): 44
Morrissey live history:
- San Jose, California 2014-05-07 (Morrissey concert)
- Santa Ana, California 2014-05-08 (Morrissey concert)
- Los Angeles, California 2014-05-10 (Morrissey concert)
- El Paso, Texas 2014-05-13 (Morrissey concert)
- Albuquerque, New Mexico 2014-05-14 (Morrissey concert)
- Salt Lake City, Utah 2014-05-16 (Morrissey concert)
- Denver, Colorado 2014-05-17 (Morrissey concert)
- Lincoln, Nebraska 2014-05-19 (Morrissey concert)
- Lawrence, Kansas 2014-05-20 (Morrissey concert)
- Dallas, Texas 2014-05-22 (Morrissey concert)
- www.thesmithschile.cl. (2014-07-01). "World Peace Is None Your Business" [10 Inch Vinyl Indie Exclusive] 4 track EP released (July 7, 2014). Morrissey-solo. Retrieved from morrissey-solo.com.
Release in plastic sleeve with album artwork picture insert. The track title is truncated / mi-spelt to 'Earth Is The Loneliest Plane' on both insert and CD.
- Earth Is The Loneliest Planet - Discogs master release: https://www.discogs.com/master/1397031
- Earth Is The Loneliest Planet (Promo) - Discogs release: https://www.discogs.com/release/14748637-Morrissey-Earth-Is-The-Loneliest-Planet
"Earth Is the Loneliest Planet" is a song by English singer Morrissey. It is the fifth track on his World Peace Is None of Your Business album and was released as the third single off the album via digital download on 3 June 2014, through Harvest and Capitol Records. Due to changes in global music consumption, the physical versions of the first four singles from this album were released together as one 10" vinyl.
Related Forum Threads
- Morrissey A-Z: "Earth Is the Loneliest Planet" - Morrissey-solo (Feb 27, 2021)