The Morrissey-solo Wiki is a continual work in progress, most of the data still needs to be populated. See the To Do page if you want to help.
Difference between revisions of "Hairdresser On Fire"
|Line 72:||Line 72:|
Revision as of 16:03, 2 October 2021
|Name||Hairdresser On Fire|
|Release||15 February 1988|
Here is London, giddy of London Is it home of the free, or what?
Can you squeeze me Into an empty page of your diary And psychologically save me? I've got faith in you
I sense the power in the fingers Within an hour, the power Could totally destroy me Or it could save my life
Oh, here is London "Home of the brash outrageous and free" You are repressed But you're remarkably dressed, is it real?
And you're always busy, really busy Busy, busy, oh, oh, hairdresser on fire All around Sloane Square
And you're just so busy Busy, busy, busy scissors, ooh, oh Hairdresser on fire Only the other day
Was a client, over-cautious He made you nervous And when he said "I'm gonna sue you" Oh! I really felt for you
So, can you squeeze me Into an empty page of your diary And supernaturally change me? Change me, change, oh
Here in London "Home of the brash, outrageous and free" You are repressed but You're remarkably dressed, is it real?
And you're always busy Really busy, busy clippers Oh, oh, hairdresser on fire All around Sloane Square
And you're just too busy To see me, busy clippers Oh, oh, hairdresser on fire Only the other day
Play count (Morrissey concert): 178
Morrissey live history:
- Tempe, Arizona 1999-10-05 (Morrissey concert)
- Santa Barbara, California 1999-10-06 (Morrissey concert)
- Indio, California 1999-10-09 (Morrissey concert)
- Deinze, Belgium 1999-10-12 (Morrissey concert)
- Köln, Germany 1999-10-13 (Morrissey concert)
- Hamburg, Germany 1999-10-14 (Morrissey concert)
- Bremen, Germany 1999-10-16 (Morrissey concert)
- Berlin, Germany 1999-10-19 (Morrissey concert)
- Leipzig, Germany 1999-10-20 (Morrissey concert)
- Tilburg, Netherlands 1999-10-22 (Morrissey concert)
- Suedehead (single)
- Viva Hate
- Bona Drag
- The CD Singles '88–91'
- ¡The Best Of! Morrissey
- Who Put The 'M' In Manchester?
- The HMV/Parlophone Singles '88–'95
- Bass Guitar, Guitar - Stephen Street
- Cello - Mark Davies (2)
- Cello - Rachel Maguire
- Cello - Robert Woollard
- Drums - Andrew Paresi
- Engineer - Steve Williams (6)
- Guitar, Keyboards - Vini Reilly
- Management - Gail Colson
- Photography By [Picture By] - Eamon J. McCabe
- Producer - Stephen Street
- Viola - John Metcalfe
- Violin - Fenella Barton
- Violin - Rick Koster
- Voice - Morrissey
Originally issued with the Japanese edition of Viva Hate.
Pressed with black labels, and 非売品 (Promo/Not for Sale) printed on the labels. B-side graphic-etching of Morrissey “HAIRDRESSER ON FIRE” and the silhouette artwork used for the Suedehead single. One-sided, black-&-white, English/Japanese lyric insert included.
- Hairdresser On Fire - Discogs master release: https://www.discogs.com/master/
- Hairdresser On Fire (7" 45 RPM Single Sided Single Etched) - Discogs release: https://www.discogs.com/release/8905152-Morrissey-Hairdresser-On-Fire
"Hairdresser on Fire" is a 1988 song by Morrissey, first released as a B-side to his debut solo single "Suedehead". Co-written by Morrissey and producer Stephen Street, the song features lyrics expressing Morrissey's frustration with being unable to see his hairdresser. In addition to its appearance on the "Suedehead" single, "Hairdresser on Fire" has appeared on the American release of Morrissey's debut solo album Viva Hate, as well as his 1990 compilation album Bona Drag. Since its release, the song has seen critical acclaim for its jangly, string-inflected music and Morrissey's witty lyricism. It has since become a fan favorite, appearing on multiple compilation albums and as well as multiple iterations of Morrissey's live setlist.
Related Forum Threads
- Morrissey A-Z: "Hairdresser on Fire" - Morrissey-solo (Mar 16, 2021)