The Morrissey-solo Wiki is a continual work in progress, most of the data still needs to be populated. See the To Do page if you want to help.
Covered I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday live in 2017.
US multi-instrumentalist and music producer from Los Angeles, born October 3, 1979.
Josh Adam Klinghoffer (born October 3, 1979) is an American musician best known for being the guitarist for the rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers from 2009 to 2019, with whom he recorded two studio albums, I'm with You (2011) and The Getaway (2016), and the b-sides compilation, I'm Beside You (2013). Klinghoffer took the place of his friend and frequent collaborator John Frusciante in 2009, after a period as a touring member. Klinghoffer was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with the Red Hot Chili Peppers in 2012, becoming the Hall of Fame's youngest-ever living inductee at the time, at age 32, passing Stevie Wonder, who was 38 when he was inducted.In 2020, Klinghoffer joined Pearl Jam in a touring and session capacity, performing guitar, additional percussion and backing vocals on their tour in support of Gigaton (2020). That same year he joined frontman Eddie Vedder's solo band, the Earthlings, alongside his former Red Hot Chili Peppers bandmate Chad Smith. A multi-instrumentalist, Klinghoffer also fronts the alternative rock band Dot Hacker, a group made up of former touring members of Gnarls Barkley. He is also a former member of the bands Ataxia, Warpaint and The Bicycle Thief. Klinghoffer most commonly plays guitar or drums, and sings backup as well as lead vocals. He has also both recorded and toured as a session musician with notable artists including PJ Harvey, Beck, the Butthole Surfers, Vincent Gallo, Sparks, Golden Shoulders and Cate Le Bon. Klinghoffer also releases solo materials under the pseudonym of Pluralone, originally a working title for the group Dot Hacker.He has released three solo albums, To Be One with You (2019), I Don't Feel Well (2020) and This Is the Show (2022) plus multiple non-album singles and b-sides under the name Pluralone.
Related Forum Threads
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Cover (snippet) "That Joke..." live - Morrissey-solo (May 24, 2016)
- Josh Klinghoffer(Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist) covers "Jack The Ripper" - Morrissey-solo (Oct 20, 2016)
- Red Hot Chili Peppers /Josh Klinghoffer covers "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday" live - Morrissey-solo (Oct 19, 2017)
- Billboard: Andrew Watt & Josh Klinghoffer on the ‘Childhood Dream’ of Working With Eddie Vedder - Klinghoffer plays on Bonfire (February 10, 2022) - Morrissey-solo (Feb 10, 2022)
- Tuna on Toast with Stryker Podcast: Josh Klinghoffer - Morrissey mentions (May 31, 2022) - Morrissey-solo (May 31, 2022)
- Josh Klinghoffer Blames 'the Culture' for Morrissey Album Delay - Ultimate Classic Rock (June 5, 2022) - Morrissey-solo (Jun 08, 2022)