A montage based on an image of bassist Dee Dee Ramone and singer Joey Ramone (1977) was used as a backdrop in 2017/18.
A Joey Ramone montage was used in 2019:
- Danny Fitzgerald
- Kill Uncle Tour 1991 Pre-show Tracks
- Your Arsenal Tour 1992 Pre-show Tracks
- Boxers Tour 1995 Pre-show Tracks
- Outside/Southpaw Grammar Tour 1995 Pre-show Tracks
- Maladjusted Tour 1997 Pre-show Tracks
- Under The Influence
- Tour Of The Tormentors MMVI 2006-2007 Pre-show Tracks
- Greatest Hits Tour 2007-2008 Pre-show Tracks
- Desert Island Discs - BBC Radio 4 (2009)
- Morrissey's favourite 13 albums of all time (2010)
- World Peace Is None Of Your Business Tour 2014-2017 Pre-show Tracks
- Best of the Ramones - release information (August 24, 2014)
- Morrissey Curates The Ramones
- Low In High School Tour 2017-2018 Pre-show Tracks
- Morrissey antes de su visita a Argentina: "La censura está más fuerte que nunca" - La Nación (Argentina) (December 4, 2018)
- North America Tour 2019 Pre-show Tracks
- EXCLUSIVE: Morrissey - Music-News.com (May 27, 2019)
- FOR HISTORIC RECORD, BEFORE I DIE. ...the ten most important recordings - Morrissey Central (2019)
- Live In Concert 2020 Pre-show Tracks
- Live In Concert 2021 Pre-show Tracks
- Live In Concert 2022 Pre-show Tracks
American punk rock band formed in 1974 and disbanded in 1996.
Hailing from Forest Hills - a neighborhood of Queens, New York City (USA) - the original line-up consisted of singer Joey Ramone (Jeffrey Hyman, born May 19th, 1951, died April 15th, 2001), guitarist Johnny Ramone (John Cummings, born October 8th, 1948, died September 15th, 2004), bassist Dee Dee Ramone (Douglas Colvin, born September 18th, 1952, died June 5th, 2002) and drummer Tommy Ramone (Tom Erdelyi, born January 29, 1952, died July 11th, 2014).
After Tommy left the band in early 1978 he was replaced by Marky Ramone (Marc Bell). He was fired in 1983 and was then replaced by Richie Ramone (Richard Beau). In 1987, he then left the band and was briefly replaced by Elvis Ramone (Clem Burke) for two performances (August 28 & 29, 1987) before Marky returned in September, 1987. In 1989, Dee Dee left and was replaced by C.J. Ramone (Christopher John Ward).
In 2001, Joey Ramone passed away, a victim of Lymphoma. The following year, Dee Dee died in Los Angeles on June 5th, 2002. Johnny Ramone died in his sleep in Los Angeles on September 15th, 2004. Tommy died 10 years later, on July 11th, 2014, making him the last original member of the Ramones to die.
Inducted into Rock And Roll Hall of Fame in 2002 (Performer).
The Ramones were an American punk rock band that formed in the New York City neighborhood of Forest Hills, Queens, in 1974. They are often cited as the first true punk rock group. Despite only achieving limited commercial success during their time together, the band is today seen as highly influential. All of the band members adopted pseudonyms ending with the surname "Ramone", although none of them were biologically related; they were inspired by Paul McCartney, who would check into hotels under alias "Paul Ramon". The Ramones performed 2,263 concerts, touring virtually nonstop for 22 years. In 1996, after a tour with the Lollapalooza music festival, they played a farewell concert in Los Angeles and disbanded.By 2014, all four of the band's original members had died – lead singer Joey Ramone (1951–2001), bassist Dee Dee Ramone (1951–2002), guitarist Johnny Ramone (1948–2004) and drummer Tommy Ramone (1949–2014). Each surviving member of the Ramones – bassist C. J. Ramone (who replaced Dee Dee in 1989 and stayed with the band until its dissolution) and drummers Marky Ramone, Richie Ramone and Elvis Ramone – remains musically active. Recognition of the band's importance has built over the years. The Ramones ranked number 26 in Rolling Stone magazine's list of the "100 Greatest Artists of All Time" and number 17 in VH1's "100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock". In 2002, the Ramones were ranked the second-greatest band of all time by Spin, trailing only the Beatles. On March 18, 2002, the original four members and Tommy's replacement on drums, Marky Ramone, were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in their first year of eligibility. In 2011, the group was awarded a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.
Related Forum Threads
- Projection Lights & Staging News: "Morrissey Tour 2019" (December 13, 2019) - Morrissey-solo (Dec 20, 2019)