As much as I love Liverpool....

• Thread starter Martin the Liverpool
  • Start date
M

Martin the Liverpool

I do love Liverpool. I am partly Irish but from London Irish people.I don't like it when people say bad things about the Irish and when people say oh Liverpool is just full of Irish people. What they forget is that London has always had a big Irish community just like Liverpool has and also Manchester has lots of Irish and Birmingham has an Irish community. So think about London, Manchester and Birmingham as well when you think of Irish in England not just THE pOOL. Liverpool was made rich by the Slave Trade and sugar and in Victorian times Liverpool was very rich and had a very important port and docks and ship building, the North of England was very rich in Victorian times. It is sad to see that Liverpool has lots of poor people, drugs and crime now. The Scalleys, Scausers or Chancers or what ever they are called I don't have a clue who they are, are they agressive? Liverpool has lots of poets, writers, artists,photographers,comedy and comedians,actors,dancers,hairdressers, buskers, music and creative stuff I think? But I think Liverpool is living off the past too much. The place is full of stuff about the great rich Victorian days and then all that tourist Beatles Mersey Beat/Sound beat groups movement 1960s thing.They need to look ahead to the future to make Liverpool great again I know the Port is not as important as it was. Some people think The Beatles ruined the music scene in Liverpool because they became so important.When The Beatles were growing up they had all the influances of living in a very multi-cultural place (Jewish, Black, Chinese, Irish and Welsh all in Liverpool)and a diverse, artistic very musical place, now all you get is Kareoke Beatles tunes all day to bring in the money that the tourists have, oh and football, churches/cathedrals, hairdressers, drinking,smoking, fights, shouting in the streets, poverty, homeless, unemployment,divourse, teenage parents, fishing, crime, boxing and drugs and macho people who seem anti-gays, what happened to Liverpools great gay community and the great over-head railway?

Re: Airport.

The perry boys of manchester have an Airport and so does liverpool.

Back
Top Bottom