"Born to Hang" chords used at O2?

speedfreaks ball

psychobilly member
listening to the radio broadcast were they sneaked in at the beginning and the end of ask?

Re: born to hang chords used at o2?

That's exactly what I thought! I was there on the day and I seriously thought they were about to play Born To Hang at the start of Ask, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this!!

would like to know if this was done intentionely or are the chords so similar? was this a little improvisation by boz?

I think the chords are just very similar, also I think we are just not used to hearing Ask from that band! :guitar:

No, don't get your hopes up. For the time being "Born To Hang" remains in the vaults. We're going to be getting better stuff.

Stephane

No, don't get your hopes up. For the time being "Born To Hang" remains in the vaults. We're going to be getting better stuff.

Stephane

How do you know? And what better stuff?

On a different but slightly related note - listen to My Love Life from Live At K-Roq, then listen to Subway Train from either Who Put the M... or Live at Earls Court straight after. Same tune.

Besides, Born To Hang was done around 1992. Not in the Southpaw era.

On a different but slightly related note - listen to My Love Life from Live At K-Roq, then listen to Subway Train from either Who Put the M... or Live at Earls Court straight after. Same tune.

I was at that first YATQ show in Las Vegas where Subway Train into Everyday Is Like Sunday was first played. I (and everyone around me) thought they were bringing back My Love Life when we heard the first few notes. Alas, it was not meant to be.

joey

I believe it's a bit older than that since I don't think Boz and/or Alain play on that. Wasn't it recorded with the same musicians from the Kill Uncle sessions? So it would be more like 1990. Anyone know more abou it?

joey

Why is everyone so sure that the unreleased tracks are going to be strictly from the Southpaw era?

Why is everyone so sure that the unreleased tracks are going to be strictly from the Southpaw era?

Isn't it something to do with the record company releasing the album only having the copyright to the songs recorded during the Southpaw sessions.

Plus, it kind of makes sense to release songs recorded during the Souhpaw sessions with a re-release of Southpaw Grammar, don't you think...

In Cork, when Ask (I think) was being played, I jumped for joy because I thought it was Born TO Hang (my favourite song:p)

Isn't it something to do with the record company releasing the album only having the copyright to the songs recorded during the Southpaw sessions.

Plus, it kind of makes sense to release songs recorded during the Souhpaw sessions with a re-release of Southpaw Grammar, don't you think...

Not at all. I'm not saying it isn't possible but the only hint we have is 'Unreleased Tracks.' Not necessarily narrowing it down to 1995.

I believe it's a bit older than that since I don't think Boz and/or Alain play on that. Wasn't it recorded with the same musicians from the Kill Uncle sessions? So it would be more like 1990. Anyone know more abou it?

The first session Alain and Boz was involved with occurred at the tail end of the Kill Uncle period when there was an attempt to record an all rockabilly EP. This spawned Pregnant for the Last Time, The Loop, and the unreleased Born to Hang, all co-written by Mark Nevin. The line up also included Jonny Bridgwood and Woodie Taylor, the rhythm section on Vauxhall and I.

As for the unreleased songs on "Southpaw Grammar Redux", surprisingly, one of them is not from the SG sessions. At first I didn't think Sony would be able to get the rights from EMI, but it looks like they did.

Personally I would have loved to see SG reissued as a deluxe edition with the first cd as it was originally released, and the second cd with the Miraval sessions. The latter first sessions for SG were mellower, more like Vauxhall & I. Most of the material was then re-recorded with a harder sound, and that's what we got as SG. A 2-cd set featuring both sides would surely reconcile many fans with that album (which for the record is my favourite Morrissey album). I find that the earlier acoustic versions of certain songs are better than the harder released ones.

Stephane

Somebody could probably read into what Stephane just said and deduce which unreleased tracks will now be released. I can't, personally, but I'm sure someone could.

The first session Alain and Boz was involved with occurred at the tail end of the Kill Uncle period when there was an attempt to record an all rockabilly EP. This spawned Pregnant for the Last Time, The Loop, and the unreleased Born to Hang, all co-written by Mark Nevin. The line up also included Jonny Bridgwood and Woodie Taylor, the rhythm section on Vauxhall and I.

As for the unreleased songs on "Southpaw Grammar Redux", surprisingly, one of them is not from the SG sessions. At first I didn't think Sony would be able to get the rights from EMI, but it looks like they did.

Personally I would have loved to see SG reissued as a deluxe edition with the first cd as it was originally released, and the second cd with the Miraval sessions. The latter first sessions for SG were mellower, more like Vauxhall & I. Most of the material was then re-recorded with a harder sound, and that's what we got as SG. A 2-cd set featuring both sides would surely reconcile many fans with that album (which for the record is my favourite Morrissey album). I find that the earlier acoustic versions of certain songs are better than the harder released ones.

Stephane

Hang on.. so amid all this specualtion, you know what the extra songs will be but you are choosing not to tell us? What a lovely man you must be.

Hang on.. so amid all this specualtion, you know what the extra songs will be but you are choosing not to tell us? What a lovely man you must be.

Well I'm a man who keeps his word, and I gave my word. It's not up to me to make the information public, it's up to Camp Morrissey and Sony/BMG.

However no one said I couldn't build up anticipation. It's quite good for sales. One way or another, you won't get the cd in your hands any quicker, whether I keep my mouth shut like I usually do, or tease you here and there. I just hate to see false rumours (Laughing Anne, Kit, Born To Hang) spread here end up on Wikipedia and other places on the internet and come back as facts. I don't know why it bugs me though... Maybe because I know people are going to complain when they find out they're not getting what the rumour announced. But then I guess people are going to complain anyways... we Morrissey fans are never happy.

Stephane

Well I'm a man who keeps his word, and I gave my word. It's not up to me to make the information public, it's up to Camp Morrissey and Sony/BMG.

However no one said I couldn't build up anticipation. It's quite good for sales. One way or another, you won't get the cd in your hands any quicker, whether I keep my mouth shut like I usually do, or tease you here and there. I just hate to see false rumours (Laughing Anne, Kit, Born To Hang) spread here end up on Wikipedia and other places on the internet and come back as facts. I don't know why it bugs me though... Maybe because I know people are going to complain when they find out they're not getting what the rumour announced. But then I guess people are going to complain anyways... we Morrissey fans are never happy.

Stephane

Sorry, you'll have to excuse me, I couldn't manage to read to the end of your post. I got about halfway through before the overwhelming stench of bullshit got to me.

You know nothing, but you deserve an award for your self-agrandisement. Truly remarkable.

Back
Top Bottom