British-based Morrissey fans; you're in for a treat this weekend!

Maurice E

Why?
Coz it's the first time in many, many years that Moz has kicked off a world tour over here in his home country. Possibly, since the Boxers tour.
Morrissey's always had a tricky relationship with the British music press, especially since the early 90's. This is partly why he's never started a tour here since then. He's wanted it to be a well rehearsed set with all glitches ironed out before facing his hyper-critical home crowds.
The downside of this is that the setlist has never been a secret. Even before the internet became huge in the early 2000's, we could read reviews of his tours (in the music press) before they reached the UK. But those attending Birmingham on Friday night genuinely won't know what they're about to hear (altho I guess we can assume it'll be about 70% the same as the tour earlier in the year). There's almost bound to be a rarely played Smiths songs and, with any luck, some early solo stuff. I'm also hoping (perhaps a little optimistically) for a brand new song. It must be nearly two years since he introduced a new, unreleased song into the set (maybe the January 2008 tour?).
So, British-based fans, make the most of this weekend; it may not happen again!

i'm confused, is the a 'swords' tour? Or just finishing what he started back in the summer when he let us all down woth cancellations? By the way, I want some bloody kill uncle stuff! Aaaaahhh a girl can dream! :blushing:

Cant wait for tomorrow night now, should be a great gig and hoping for a few gems in the set list

i'm confused, is the a 'swords' tour? Or just finishing what he started back in the summer when he let us all down woth cancellations? By the way, I want some bloody kill uncle stuff! Aaaaahhh a girl can dream! :blushing:

It is officially called the 'Swords' tour -- even those rescheduled dates.
And I agree with you on the KU material :guitar:

Several continental ladies fly over too to enjoy him kickstarting the tour ...

(at least 3 germans that I know of) :guitar::guitar::guitar:

as long as he sings and enjoys it, we'll most likely wil too ...

(he would change the setlist .. and KU is a very appreciated era for me)

Last edited:
It is officially called the 'Swords' tour -- even those rescheduled dates.
And I agree with you on the KU material :guitar:

Thanks sweety!

LMAO whats that kewpie shyte about? Oh by the way, does anyone know if shes going to be in Swindon on Sat? I sincerely hope not.

Does it REALLY matter if she is or not? Will it really ruin the night for you? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

I wasn't f***ing asking you guv. Yeah it doesn't make queueing very enjoyable. By the way blur are shit.

i really hope kewpie is going swindon, as i wont be there

I hope he doesn't sing any new songs - IMO it lessens the impact of a new album if everyone is listening to youtube versions of the songs over and over before offical release.

I hope he doesn't sing any new songs - IMO it lessens the impact of a new album if everyone is listening to youtube versions of the songs over and over before offical release.

Very true.
It might have been slightly better for YOR though had it been released in September as originally planned instead of February.

You don't HAVE TO listen.

I really hope he changes up the setlist, at least by the time he hits the states because this one is pretty mediocre. Black Cloud, Ok By Myself, Carol, and Poor Education should be jettisoned. That said, it's wonderful he's playing Cemetary Gates, it's one of my fav Smiths tracks.

I really hope he changes up the setlist, at least by the time he hits the states because this one is pretty mediocre. Black Cloud, Ok By Myself, Carol, and Poor Education should be jettisoned. That said, it's wonderful he's playing Cemetary Gates, it's one of my fav Smiths tracks.

And it's really all about you, isn't it :D

And it's really all about you, isn't it :D

I did not mean to imply that Moz should be my personal dancing bear. However, if the setlist remains the same, this might be the first Morrissey show since I first saw him that I don't attend. I'll really have to think about it. I love Moz to death, but I wouldn't even put those songs on my MP3 player. I've seen him five times so far. I'll have to think about it.

I did not mean to imply that Moz should be my personal dancing bear. However, if the setlist remains the same, this might be the first Morrissey show since I first saw him that I don't attend. I'll really have to think about it. I love Moz to death, but I wouldn't even put those songs on my MP3 player. I've seen him five times so far. I'll have to think about it.

Well to those of us who've only gotten to see him once (or even not at all) it seems like a chance thrown away, no matter what he's singing :blushing:

Back
Top Bottom