chris evans comments in 99

• Thread starter the topless tandoori
  • Start date
T

the topless tandoori

on the morning of the leeds town and country gig in 99 i was driving to work listening to virgin awful radio when chris evans started listing that evenings gigs , i think his actual words were "morrissey plays leeds town and country tonight but i wouldnt bother to go see him cos hes past it"
if i was moz i would tell the smarmy c*** to stick his radio 2 show up his ginger arse or maybe moz would like to raise the subject of his 1999 comments
(the gig was ace bye the way)

I don't know the year but Morissey did an appearance on TFI Friday, he performed Satan Rejected My Soul.

Chris Evans introduced him as "The finest living Englishman"

I guess he changed his mind !!

> I don't know the year but Morissey did an appearance on TFI Friday, he
> performed Satan Rejected My Soul.

> Chris Evans introduced him as "The finest living Englishman"

> I guess he changed his mind !!

yes that was 97 i suppose moz was an easy target in 99 being un popular to the masses as he had become

put this in yer piper and smoke it..

I was at that Leeds gig back in '99'
It was a great night...i remember it very well, anyway Chris Evans can f*** off either way in my opinion...the tomato soup headed twat. Who said Ginners aren't winners anyway?....maybe i should know.
Back to that gig, it's quite ironic really as i remember telling people then about that gig who just seemed to shrug or seemed to think he had passed it, however they recently nearly broke their necks in trying to get tickets for this impending tour...funny that.

btw 'the topless tandoori'..that's such a good name. *miners hat off*

The Pitman & Her.

Setlist
10 November 1999
Town & Country, Leeds.

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
The Boy Racer
Billy Budd
Reader Meet Author
Is It Really So Strange?
Hairdresser On Fire
November Spawned A Monster
Lost
Speedway
Sunny
Trouble Loves Me
Meat Is Murder
Now My Heart Is Full
Roy's Keen
Tomorrow
Break Up The Family
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me

i was livid with the gobshite

i was driving to bradford at the time and was exited about the gig that nite when i heard evans comments i wanted to wring his scrawney neck him and his hangers on at the time (dont remember him doing sunny though i could be wrong)

ken livid?

> i was driving to bradford at the time and was exited about the gig that
> nite when i heard evans comments i wanted to wring his scrawney neck him
> and his hangers on at the time (dont remember him doing sunny though i
> could be wrong)

My mammories not so good now my topless wonder, i'm such a tit for brains at times. I remember the songs but not the order...here's where i found it anyway:)

moz tour history

Re: ken livid?

> My mammories not so good now my topless wonder, i'm such a tit for brains
> at times. I remember the songs but not the order...here's where i found it
> anyway:)
yes he did im getting mixed up with the hartlepool gig

I think it was just sour grapes on the part of Evans cos I remember reading somewhere that Evans rated Morrissey as one of his worst guests on TFI due to Morrissey not leaving his dressing room during the recording and being aloof in general.

> yes that was 97 i suppose moz was an easy target in 99 being un popular to
> the masses as he had become

you're all wrong.

I remember that Leeds show well, its one of the few that has never really turned up as a bootleg unfortunately.

I suppose the Ginger One does come across as a bit of a c*** but he has rare moments of wit

I was at the Leeds 199 show - last Moz gig I went to - have never been in the same place as one since.

It was a great gig, but it's strange to think about it now. Went with my then girlfriend, and now here I am 7 years later, married to a different girl and living on the other side of the world.

I seem to remember a group of about 3 16 year-old boys who were basically acting like little c***s throughout the show - one of them was trying to kiss the woman in front of him (she was about twice his age) and was told to settle down by various members of the crowd - he got on stage later and was manhandled by security, prompting Moz to say "steady on" mid-song - if only he knew what the little bastard was like, he might have waded in on him himself.

Otherwise, a great gig.

Back
Top Bottom