first instore play of "sound of the smiths"

northernleech

hey hey ! working for hmv as i do , i took advantage of being the boss and banged on the sound of the smiths cd today and had a chance to digest the content. very nice packaging - folds out into 4 with the discs presented in the centre two sections . The photo selection is ok - all the obvious iconic pictures and individual photos of all of them ... except joyce .. how petty !
Remastering seems good , it sounded very vibrant , but I am biased. Only had time to play the obvious disc but the addition of some crucial non single tracks works well , especially "barbarism.." and "Headmaster.." . The feel of the package remind me somewhat of the original "hatful" vinyl but maybe thats because it is of a very similar hue ! Anyway why dont you find out for yourself on monday . Is it getting a u.s release ?

Do you work in the Ashton-under-Lyne store by any chance as they were playing Smiths tracks when I passed by this morning - in fact I didn't pass by, I had to go in and pretend to look round so I could listen...twice! :)

Do you work in the Ashton-under-Lyne store by any chance as they were playing Smiths tracks when I passed by this morning - in fact I didn't pass by, I had to go in and pretend to look round so I could listen...twice! :)
I would have done the same. :)

We've been listening this week at work. :)
Everyone who came into the room started singing along..enduring appeal.
and it's had good reviews in the papers.

nah i don't even know where ashton under lyme is !! as my username suggest I am a northern soul , just under hadrians wall in fact. It will get a good hammering tomorrow too .. both discs .. oh yeah !:guitar:

Back
Top Bottom