Glamorous Glue newspaper advert

FatGayVegan

This half page newspaper advertisement appeared in the London Evening Standard (Friday April 15, 2011). Sorry for dodgy photo. It was taken on my phone.

Ad highlights formats as enhanced CD, standard 7", 7" picture disc and download. States all formats will have previously unreleased demos and live performances.

http://twitpic.com/4l8ixa

This half page newspaper advertisement appeared in the London Evening Standard (Friday April 15, 2011). Sorry for dodgy photo. It was taken on my phone.

Ad highlights formats as enhanced CD, standard 7", 7" picture disc and download. States all formats will have previously unreleased demos and live performances.

Nice and eye-catching, I like it. It has also reminded me to order the bundle off recordstore before I forget.

Wow, big advert for a single. He can't complain they didn't promote it this time!

Odd, TTY has put ordering info for the single up, and did not include recordstore.co.uk, only amazon and hmv.

Am I the only one who thinks all this hype about a 10+ year old song is sorta pathetic on Moz's part?

Am I the only one who thinks all this hype about a 10+ year old song is sorta pathetic on Moz's part?

nope, it is quite possibly the most futile thing in the history of music promotion.
who ever bought a single coz they saw it advertised in a newspaper?
all the radio stations have avoided playing it - even 6 music which is a pretty desperate sign.
here begins (possibly) the downward spiral of Morrissey's 2011. it will easily be his worst ever selling single.
I really hope this isn't the case but you can just see the interview and concert cancellations starting from here.
releasing Glamourous Glue makes no sense. it doesn't even have a chorus, let along whistleable melody...

nope, it is quite possibly the most futile thing in the history of music promotion.
all the radio stations have avoided playing it - even 6 music which is a pretty desperate sign.
here begins (possibly) the downward spiral of Morrissey's 2011. it will easily be his worst ever selling single.
I really hope this isn't the case but you can just see the interview and concert cancellations starting from here.
releasing Glamourous Glue makes no sense. it doesn't even have a chorus, let along whistleable melody...

Jesus H. Christ Maurice, lighten up! The ever dependable Voice of Doom speaks yet again. The only time you ever come on here is to announce how this now is the nadir of Morrissey's career. And you usually have a wad of stats to back it up. As far as I can recall you've been doing this for about the last six years.

It's getting kind of boring, don't you think?

Jesus H. Christ Maurice, lighten up! The ever dependable Voice of Doom speaks yet again. The only time you ever come on here is to announce how this now is the nadir of Morrissey's career. And you usually have a wad of stats to back it up. As far as I can recall you've been doing this for about the last six years.

It's getting kind of boring, don't you think?

Velly, velly atrue San.

Thank you.

Oh no stop this moaning please:mad:

Back
Top Bottom