Guth - The Smiths, Irish TV documentary 17-10-2013

ulick1

Thought I would post this as it may be of interest to some.

Guth - The Smiths.
Broadcast: TG4 17th October 2013 9.30pm - Duration 39 mins 19 secs.
This is a RAW MPEG -PS file copied from Sky Digital > Emtec S800h and edited in Videoredo to remove adverts and was broadcast in SD.
The programme is a mixture of Irish language and English, with Hardcoded English subtitles over the Irish language segments.

Guth is a new and revealing six-part documentary series that tells the story of modern pop music and how the sons and daughters of Irish emigrants have changed the face of popular music.
What impact, if any, did their Irish blood have on singers like Bing Crosby, John Lydon, Morrissey and Marr, Dusty Springfield, John Lennon, or the Gallagher Brothers? And what impact did their music have on Ireland?

Not certain how long this link will be available, and apologies for the large size of the file but it is uncompressed.
http://netload.in/dateiOOFTZ3fYCU.htm

Fair do's, you gotta hand it to Mike Joyce who attends these interviews to talk about The Smiths.

I don't think The Smiths cared if they were second generation Irish or not...They weren't true Irish and I'm not too sure if a whole documentary needed to be made on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom