How stupid is David Tseng?

• Thread starter save some face - you know you've only got one
  • Start date
S

save some face - you know you've only got one

Instead of warning or banning (even for a week) those who created the Pimpbot robot troll (he knows their IP address), Mr. Tseng has deemed it best to install human chatroom moderators who can block people on a whim. This means that you can't post until your IP fades from the chat (15-20 minutes) and you are allowed back in.

Is this really a good solution to the problem? I understand the need for moderation on this site. I think David should consider making everyone *REGISTER*. Eliminate ANONYMOUS posting! However, I do think the chat is different from the other parts of this site and that freedom to speak (without being watched by big brother) is even more highly valued when "chatting."

In addition, can David really expect this kind of moderation to last? These unpaid pawns will eventually grow tired and opt out of their duties and we will be back to where we were before which minus the Pimpbot was ok.

David talks about the need for "personal attacks" to be negated but the only personal attacks he cares about are those against him. Look at this messageboard or in the chat and you will see personal attacks and personal information being posted. Nothing is done - posts are not removed, people are not blocked from chat - unless someone insults DAVID TSENG.

By doing this David has essentially made a declaration of war. All the trolls have come out from under the bridge and have swarmed the chat. All the seemingly "nice" people are no match. Meanwhile, David Tseng's own reputation slides further and further into the mud every single day. Can anyone who knows the history of this site honestly say that David Tseng commands the same level of respect today than he did just a few years ago when he and Morrissey were on good terms?

The step you have taken today was not needed, it is not a solution David. My advice is that you should save some face while you've still got some and either change this site in a positive manner or pull the plug on Morrissey-Solo for good.

wtf is wrong with you people. Go outside the door and live a little instead of taking over where ms. Ison left off and filling this MORRISSEY FAN SITE with crap no one is interested in. It's simply boring.

Seeing as you are so full of great ideas, why dont you piss off and do your own site so we can......

visit it daily and publicly slag you off.

Leave David alone. I'm not saying he should be immune to criticsm but dont make a career out of it. Try running a site yourself first.

hey little man, go run back to your dolls now, no one cares about you

This is the best site on the internet now go f*** your self

idiot

> Instead of warning or banning (even for a week) those who created the
> Pimpbot robot troll (he knows their IP address), Mr. Tseng has deemed it
> best to install human chatroom moderators who can block people on a whim.
> This means that you can't post until your IP fades from the chat (15-20
> minutes) and you are allowed back in.

> Is this really a good solution to the problem? I understand the need for
> moderation on this site. I think David should consider making everyone
> *REGISTER*. Eliminate ANONYMOUS posting! However, I do think the chat is
> different from the other parts of this site and that freedom to speak
> (without being watched by big brother) is even more highly valued when
> "chatting."

> In addition, can David really expect this kind of moderation to last?
> These unpaid pawns will eventually grow tired and opt out of their duties
> and we will be back to where we were before which minus the Pimpbot was
> ok.

> David talks about the need for "personal attacks" to be negated
> but the only personal attacks he cares about are those against him. Look
> at this messageboard or in the chat and you will see personal attacks and
> personal information being posted. Nothing is done - posts are not
> removed, people are not blocked from chat - unless someone insults DAVID
> TSENG.

> By doing this David has essentially made a declaration of war. All the
> trolls have come out from under the bridge and have swarmed the chat. All
> the seemingly "nice" people are no match. Meanwhile, David
> Tseng's own reputation slides further and further into the mud every
> single day. Can anyone who knows the history of this site honestly say
> that David Tseng commands the same level of respect today than he did just
> a few years ago when he and Morrissey were on good terms?

> The step you have taken today was not needed, it is not a solution David.
> My advice is that you should save some face while you've still got some
> and either change this site in a positive manner or pull the plug on
> Morrissey-Solo for good.

I have to say, I completely agree with this post.I think David has behaved appallingly.

Why can't the "get over it" crowd get over it?

"...taking over where ms. Ison left off and filling this MORRISSEY FAN SITE with crap no one is interested in."

Did you ever post something like this when Ison was filling the board?

Of course you didn't.

None of you who are making this sort of post have done so before. You're simply seconding David, and both his and your cries of "get over it" are disengenuous. David had an opportunity to establish ONE clear, consistent rule for behavior on this site. To do so he simply had to overlook interpersonal issues and acknowledge his own precedent. Not only didn't he do that, but he justified some of the most extreme criticisms that have been made of his judgment and of his honesty.

If this issue really doesn't interest you, here's a wild idea: keep out of it. Or why not--and this is a really strange suggestion--start a thread about something else? This might also be a good time to point out that no, those of you who never say anything that could make any impression on anyone naturally wouldn't have an interest in a censorship controversy. But now that David's made it clear that some have his ear, and some don't, you certainly ALL have an interest in praising David Tseng, don't you? You in particular, "Helen Bach," have prattled on about this in chat lately--about how terribly uninterested you are. Several of you seem passionately interested in seeming uninterested.

But I for one won't make another post about this. If the man at the top is corrupt, then the man at the top is corrupt. As his supporters like to bray, there's nothing we can do about it. This site is now incredibly divorced from rock n roll culture, and the small clique who want to post pictures of rainbows and tabby cats 24/7 can do so without fear of "abuse." I think Jennifer and/or Alan should simply give a victory speech now.