Is Hand in glove

Maybe i was being a bit cryptic but i was refering to the words in i started something when Morrissey sings at the begnning about a hard faced 3 word gesture and i always thought it must have referred to HIG.

As Peter would say i ll get me coat

Alan

Maybe i was being a bit cryptic but i was refering to the words in i started something when Morrissey sings at the begnning about a hard faced 3 word gesture and i always thought it must have referred to HIG.

As Peter would say i ll get me coat

Alan

In regards to this, I recall reading that speculation was that the hard-faced three word gesture is 'I love you,' which would promptly douse a friendly venture into awkwardness if the love is unrequited.

In regards to this, I recall reading that speculation was that the hard-faced three word gesture is 'I love you,' which would promptly douse a friendly venture into awkwardness if the love is unrequited.[/QUOTE

Ive never seen this where was this?

In regards to this, I recall reading that speculation was that the hard-faced three word gesture is 'I love you,' which would promptly douse a friendly venture into awkwardness if the love is unrequited.[/QUOTE

Ive never seen this where was this?

In doing a quick search as to where I might have read this, I came across this (scroll down to the bottom past the lyrics). I suppose it IS just one person's interpretation. It may or may not be true, but it seems feasible enough to me.

I've never thought it was anything other than "I love you." How to ruin a friendly venture? Say "I love you." How to start something and force someone into an awkward location they hadn't planned on going? Say "I love you." And the punishment for embarrassing yourself and the recipient of your rash and foolish words? 18 months hard labour, seems fair enough.

I've never thought it was anything other than "I love you." How to ruin a friendly venture? Say "I love you." How to start something and force someone into an awkward location they hadn't planned on going? Say "I love you." And the punishment for embarrassing yourself and the recipient of your rash and foolish words? 18 months hard labour, seems fair enough.

Wilde's punishment for homosexuality was 2 years hard labour, which I think is probably linked.

But saying i love you isnt a gesture is it? whereas HIG is?

Alan

Ahh, but you're leaving out the "three word" part of it. It's not a gesture per se as a saying. And I'm not sure 'hand in glove' would particularly douse a friendly venture quite as much as 'I love you' would. If I said 'hand in glove' to one of my friends, they wouldn't get it :o

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom