Johnny Marr on The Smiths, the internet and Morrissey

Re: hmmmm

At G-Mex festival in July 1986 Paul Morley was really awful to humiliate some bands he didn't like.
Although my English wasn't very good at that time I still understood what's going on.

Morley was very unprofessional, had no courtesy or diplomacy to do the job.

Well he may have just been having a bad day, it was the 80's after all.
Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

Does anyone know where I can see the whole interview?
(Online. Please don't send me to ebay :rolleyes: )

10:10 the camera zooms in on just his eyes, strange!!

Are there any moments when you miss Morrissey?

"Not any more. Professionally, not any more. Personally, sure. Yeah. Yeah because we had a shared sense of humor and a …I like him, y' know. So professionally I don't think it's necessary really because I think what I'm doing and probably he thinks what he's doing is fascinating…to us. Way more fascinating than knocking out all the old stuff. So, but as a person, y'know I miss him, yeah, because he's a, I mean, we've had a pretty good laugh and some interesting ideas together, y'know."

Good to know...:)

Re: hmmmm

At G-Mex festival in July 1986 Paul Morley was really awful to humiliate some bands he didn't like.
Although my English wasn't very good at that time I still understood what's going on.

Morley was very unprofessional, had no courtesy or diplomacy to do the job.

If this is your improved English, I dare not think how dreadful it must have been in 1986.

a really good interview - he is obviously a very knowledgeable guy with a real passion about him ! he is very nice about moz in a really personal way ..about their relationship with each other ..which is nice to hear ! but we would all be dissapointed with a reunion if it happened ! let's just leave it as it is .. 4 and a bit great years with , let's face it a lot of wheat and very , very little chaff !

Aww Bless,
:thumb:

I haven't listened to the interview yet, he's a sublime guitarist, 'top bloke' and all that, but, good god, has that man ever had a decent haircut? Like, at any point in the last 26 years?
I had toyed with the idea that the only reason he'd 'joined' The Cribs was at least then his barnett would look good stood next to the Jarman brothers.
To wit ~
the-cribs.jpg

On the evidence of this interview clearly the Jarman's have infected him with some form of hellish hair disorder.
At the very least he needs to get back with 'Mozzer' for the sake of his hair. Now.

Re: Cribs

I haven't listened to the interview yet, he's a sublime guitarist, 'top bloke' and all that, but, good god, has that man ever had a decent haircut? Like, at any point in the last 26 years?
I had toyed with the idea that the only reason he'd 'joined' The Cribs was at least then his barnett would look good stood next to the Jarman brothers.
To wit ~
the-cribs.jpg

On the evidence of this interview clearly the Jarman's have infected him with some form of hellish hair disorder.
At the very least he needs to get back with 'Mozzer' for the sake of his hair. Now.

Have you watched 'Later with Jools Holland' on Friday?
Their hairstyle has been improved.
Cribs460.jpg

They looked clean in the first pic anyway. I think they went to bed with their hair wet and then didn't wet it again before they combed it in the morning. Also does the guy on eht left part his hair on the opposite side or is one picture reversed?

Don't know about the past but Morely comes across as a calm, level-headed journo that both Marr and Morrissey seem to respect.

Johnny always comes across well in interviews. He's just not prone to the mega mood swings of our Mozzer (at least without alcohol). Probably one of many reasons they fit so well.

If not for business or creative reasons, I think Morrissey and Marr on stage for a charity would be fantastic.

If not for business or creative reasons, I think Morrissey and Marr on stage for a charity would be fantastic.
How about the Joyce Michael Beneficiary Appeal Fund for Lawnmowers. ;)

Back
Top Bottom