Johnny Rogan will be reviewing Morrissey Autobiography for The Irish Times

Fr. Neil Horan writes:

Johnny Rogan will be reviewing Morrissey Autobiography for The Irish Times:

Harry Potter-style hysteria predicted for release of Morrissey’s autobiography - The Irish Times

Excerpt:

Johnny Rogan, who last year brought out a revised and updated 20th anniversary edition of his book, Morrissey & Marr: The Severed Alliance, and who will review Autobiography for The Irish Times, welcomed the news.

“The mystery surrounding Morrissey’s Autobiography is the equivalent of a publishing phenomenon. In an age of pre-publication hype, embargos and lead-ins of six months or longer, his book virtually appears from nowhere with a promise of publication as early as October 17th. It promises to be a ‘Harry Potter’-type event with crowds gathering outside bookshops at midnight with all the accompanying fanfare. Already the book is provoking intense speculation as the questions multiply. The chief one for me is the format and price. We know Morrissey wanted it to appear in the Penguin Modern Classic series, but who could have anticipated that there would be no hardback? Amazingly, it’s seemingly going straight into mass-market format with a retail price of £8.99 – bargain of the century. There’s barely time to complete a serialisation deal either, a lucrative bonus for any publisher.

Actually, he’s written a couple of books and you might want to check them out. And I don’t see how he’s “unreliable” he released the book that he promised didn’t he? It only took ten years but what the hell.

Oh my lord he actully wrote more than two books but they are just fan cut and past crap.

They are hilariously bad. His new book will be better. It will be amusing but there is no way it will be the truth.
As for a literary event it's smoke and mirrors.
He says it and the Idiotic on here agree.
Just like when he says his latest record is his best, he knows it isn't but he is selling.
When he says Doll and Kicks or Kristeen Young are important or make good music he doesn't mean that either.Its a game

Morrissey would have sued Rogan if there were factual inaccuracies. Instead he just wished him a violent death. That must mean the events described in The Severed Alliance are true.

oh yeah so it must!
wow gullibility like yours is what fraudsters like rogan trade on.

So will his review run on the day of the release, or...?

Since most of it will be about Rogan himself he could probably write it BEFORE the release! I'd rather read the classified ads than any of Rogan's prose.

Back
Top Bottom