Maladjusted

The Youngest

doesn't eat his friends
Why is Maladjusted more expensive than most of the other Mozzer albums? What's special about it?

Is it?

Well, if it is maybe it's because it's a rarity now, as they only sold 5 copies of it.

Nah, but seriously, Mercury, the label who released it went bankrupt and I don't remember who bought it, but probably not Warner Bros and EMI who own the rights to his previous albums and Sanctuary who released his last two albums. So whoever they are they may have a different pricing system.

A truly underrated album. My third favourite behind the big two of YA and V&I. Actually, tied with SG.

But I'm weird.

I personally think Maladjusted is Great and of course it has the awesome

Trouble Loves Me

Not that I'm an expert but I think that CDs that don't sell as well aren't stocked as readily as more popular titles some shops reflect this as a premium in the price (or to use the HMV approach: 'take the piss and charge the best part of twenty quid'). Maladjusted, as probably the least popular title in the Morrissey solo catalogue, often falls into that category. Shop around though, it is cheap in some places.

Phenomenal album. Well worth whatever money you pay for it.

Ben Budd said:
A truly underrated album. My third favourite behind the big two of YA and V&I. Actually, tied with SG.

But I'm weird.

The same goes for me with Maladjusted!

But i'd rather plain.

Glad to see there are a few fans of Maladjusted here. Indeed it's not V&I or VH, but gems like "Trouble loves me" cannot be overlooked. I recall first hearing the lyric
"Trouble loves me
Seeks and finds me
To charlatanize me..."
was so fantastic I needed to figure out how to start using the word charlatanize in my everyday speech. Alas, never did figure that out.

Had he included the b-sides "I Can Have Both", "Lost" and "The Edges are no Longer Parallel" instead of, say, "Papa Jack" and "He Cried", this album would be sooooooo much better.

I dunno why it's so expensive, I was recently looking for another copy as my disc had a scratch. It was about £17 for ages in HMV then one day I went in and it was £3 in a sale.

I do think it's his 2nd weakest solo album (after Kill Uncle of course! I think Kill Uncle had better songs, a great title and brilliant artwork, but the production is shit IMHO)

is it because its the only album on the island label and they set a different price scale?

Back
Top Bottom