Mike Joyce on Smiths royalties

i dont think the reunion was ever on the cards , but it was off the radar before the comments of last week they just showed how far away it is

Agreed. There is no reason why Morrissey would want a reunion. What's the point? Not for the money - that's been offered, massive amounts, yet he refused. He sings Smith songs at his own concerts, so again, there is no incentive there.

The only people that would want a reunion is Joyce and maybe Rourke. Marr I'm unsure of, but he doesn't seem the type to want to cash in by playing What Difference Does it Make? at Wembley Stadium or the O2 arena. I find it incredulous that Joyce still wants a reunion with Morrissey, who he claims has fleeced him for cash for so many years. Scruples spring to mind.

I didn't say he was the worst person in the world. He's just the first one that comes to mind to nominate, that's all. ;)
I feel better!:D

HTML:
[SIZE="4"]He did not kill his mother or father, for god's sake[/SIZE]!!
What? Slightly like , You shall not steal.You shall not bear false witness.
You shall not covet.
The problem is we are not sure who "stole" whom.:o So, I would not alow myself to call Mike Joyce like some people dare call him.

I hadn't noticed Joyce making any donations to the Salford Lads Club recently.
Of course, he is not as rich as Mozzie!
It seems he did not buy an expansive James Dean watch either.:eek: By the way, I did not know he had to behave exactly like Morrissey...:confused:

why are people talking about a reunion being ruined by Mike and this statement?
Because everything is Mike Joyce 's fault, of course!:eek: If Johnny Marr left the band, it is because of him, didn't you know???::D

Joyce paid off ??

Excuse me if I'm being dim here, but I thought the problem of Moz owing Joyce money was ongoing:confused::confused:

I'm just in the last quarter of the Len Brown Meetings with Morrissey book and on page 217/218, Morrissey meets Brown on July 2nd 2003 in the Grapes pub in Manchester and Morrissey says "its resolved, I've paid him".........he assured me, although later he feared Joyce might want more......

1. Is this news?
2. Did I miss the thread on the conclusion of this conflict between M and J?
3. Is this not true?

I would truly love to believe that it did finally get resolved and that at least monetary wise, the Joyce feud is over for our Moz?

Re: Joyce paid off ??

Excuse me if I'm being dim here, but I thought the problem of Moz owing Joyce money was ongoing:confused::confused:

I'm just in the last quarter of the Len Brown Meetings with Morrissey book and on page 217/218, Morrissey meets Brown on July 2nd 2003 in the Grapes pub in Manchester and Morrissey says "it[]s resolved, I've paid him".........he assured me, although later he feared Joyce might want more......

1. Is this news?
2. Did I miss the thread on the conclusion of this conflict between M and J?
3. Is this not true?

I would truly love to believe that it did finally get resolved and that at least monetary wise, the Joyce feud is over for our Moz?

no i have never heard this and by going through the thread nobody mentioned this either...i thought he absolutely denied giving mike any money so they have to get hold onto the houses of morrissey`s relatives?

There's a difference to be noted between historical royalties 'owed' by M&M to Joyce - and royalties from the ongoing/new sales of Smiths stuff.

Although the alleged non-payment of a percentage of historicals complicates the payment to the various parties from new sales.

A minefield, as anyone who has talked to any of the parties involved will confirm.

I just liked the songs.

no i have never heard this and by going through the thread nobody mentioned this either...i thought he absolutely denied giving mike any money so they have to get hold onto the houses of morrissey`s relatives?

Hi Sista,

Thats what I thought aswell, which is why I started it as a new thread so as it could be discussed, but as usual it was merged into a much older thread and is therefore not getting the discussion going that I was hoping for:(:(

^yes-and wasnt really answered,eh?

Hi Sista,

Thats what I thought aswell, which is why I started it as a new thread so as it could be discussed, but as usual it was merged into a much older thread and is therefore not getting the discussion going that I was hoping for:(:(
It would be a shame, cause that is pretty intereresting!
Does that explain why a compilation of The Smiths is released now?
But I am extremely surprised to read that; I think Len or Morrissey, were drunk!:rolleyes::p:eek::confused:

Last edited:
Morrissey on Mike Joyce and (the new) The Smiths releases

This is pretty interesting, I came across a sound clip on youtube from Edinburgh earlier this year were Morrissey speaks about Mike Joyce and The Smiths releases.

Fast forward to 04:00 and listen, check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rc-sx94MaM

Moz goes something like this:
"I had so much pride and love for the songs of The Smiths...
... however I must ask you, if you'll come across any Smiths CDs, don't buy them... because... All the money goes to that wretched drummer ... So stick with what you'll have....."

I mean, I am thinking of the new release, lot of the royalties there will go to mr Joyce. I mean, what does Morrissey actually belive or think, how much is honest feelings and how much is just words so the crowd will go AAAAAAAHHH?

Re: Morrissey on Mike Joyce and (the new) The Smiths releases

This is pretty interesting, I came across a sound clip on youtube from Edinburgh earlier this year were Morrissey speaks about Mike Joyce and The Smiths releases.

Fast forward to 04:00 and listen, check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rc-sx94MaM

Moz goes something like this:
"I had so much pride and love for the songs of The Smiths...
... however I must ask you, if you'll come across any Smiths CDs, don't buy them... because... All the money goes to that wretched drummer ... So stick with what you'll have....."

I mean, I am thinking of the new release, lot of the royalties there will go to mr Joyce. I mean, what does Morrissey actually belive or think, how much is honest feelings and how much is just words so the crowd will go AAAAAAAHHH?

I was at the gig when he said it. And i do think he means it.

I have no idea what the situation is re: royalties from 'The Sound of The Smiths', but I thought it was kinda interesting and fairly amusing when I saw the 2 different editions side by side in HMV on Monday; on the singles edition it has the group shot with all 4 Smiths stony faced and on the deluxe edition Moz, Johnny and Andy are all smiling while J**** remains frowning. Laughing at the drummer perhaps ? Made me chuckle anyway. I don't believe Moz chose the covers but maybe someone at Rhino was making a sly point.

Re: Morrissey on Mike Joyce and (the new) The Smiths releases

I was at the gig when he said it. And i do think he means it.

Very interesting clip :) I laughed at him getting a bit pissed off with the rowdiness.. "Oh,..WHAT? Jesus, let me SPEAK!" :D :o :guitar:

Back
Top Bottom